Reign E+ 2022

Giant calum

Feb 12, 2023
Scotland
My first proper ride

Giant reign 2022 e2

On the latest fw. Charging issue Seems solved Charged to 100% no issues after this ride previous outings it wouldn't go past 80% without power cycling charge

How do those usages look considering I was in tour 95% of the time also all my tunable options are on the lowest assistance settings

I am 120kg bikes likely 26kg

Any suspension tips?.

Screenshot_20230227_212519_RideControl.jpg

Garybee

Feb 4, 2022
Vancouver BC
Noticed your average cadence is 48rpm. Soecialized has said that for their motors to operate efficiently its best to have a cadence of 75 rpm or more. Giant has not said anything that I have seen, but most likely the concept applies at least to some degree. Hope that helps out and congrats on your new bike.

Line

Apr 2, 2022
Finland
With a high cadence, the Giant's engine makes a strong whine. I've mentioned it a few times and it's a really annoying.. Most of the group probably drives with a lower cadence when they don't notice this whining.

Another annoying thing is the pedals hitting the ground.. I would like to change to shorter cranks. Has anyone changed the crank to a shorter one and which model?

trailaddict

Jul 7, 2021
Alps

Buckaroony

Dec 17, 2021
UK

Trickz

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Sep 2, 2019
Burton upon Trent
Well took the metapower to webuycycle this morning and drooled over the stock they have..while there got a call saying my reign is lost in the post!😔🙄

Line

Apr 2, 2022
Finland
And sag set correctly, my shock was also blowing through the travel due to cavitation. Much less prone to pedal strikes since a proper service.
The sag is adjusted correctly. It may be that my shock needs to be serviced. The shock has cavitated since new, always at the beginning of the ride. Here in Finland, fox shock maintenance can take several months..

I'm going to do oil change myself. I have a vacuum pump so that's not a problem.

pwiles1968

May 22, 2022
Leicestershire
With a high cadence, the Giant's engine makes a strong whine. I've mentioned it a few times and it's a really annoying.. Most of the group probably drives with a lower cadence when they don't notice this whining.

Another annoying thing is the pedals hitting the ground.. I would like to change to shorter cranks. Has anyone changed the crank to a shorter one and which model?
I changed to Miranda 150mm Love the bike with them on, i did put a 34T chainring on over the 36T to compensate for the torque difference on cranks.

pwiles1968

May 22, 2022
Leicestershire
Well, it's no secret that the first and last 10 percent of lithium batteries are not very good.
And without sharing temperature, assist level, elevation etc. your statement is pretty useless.
It was the ride back to the car park, temperature was same as rest of the ride assist was Auto and its NOT the last 10% issue as it was 17% as per the post Im familiar with the 10% faster drain this was a sudden drop as per the graph

pwiles1968

May 22, 2022
Leicestershire
Noticed your average cadence is 48rpm. Soecialized has said that for their motors to operate efficiently its best to have a cadence of 75 rpm or more. Giant has not said anything that I have seen, but most likely the concept applies at least to some degree. Hope that helps out and congrats on your new bike.

My Average is often around 40 because i'm not pedalling when i ride downhill and my Garmin does not take this in to account, I have quite a high pedalling cadence often around 90 but average is similar to Calum.

Trickz

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Sep 2, 2019
Burton upon Trent
Bad paint job?
Anyway, I wouldn't accept or only with a very high discount 😜
Yea shown photos and waiting for response,idk what dpd had dropped on it..the box looked ok apart from a puncture just where the dent is…I can’t blame cjperformance either as every inch of the bike was covered in foam tube,it was even double boxed with a liv box inside over the frame and back wheel..I think next time I will drive to wherever to pick up as nothing is safe with disrespectful delivery firms.

Last edited:

emtbeast

Jan 10, 2022
Slovenia
Hey guys, been gone for a while...winter here. Got some news that maybe interesting.

1. Been following the Giant ebike Fb group and recently there was a guy from AU with a 2022 Trance E+ saying he had a warranty claim refused as the motor software picked up his derestricting device(volspeed) showing in the service tool software as an event code 6A. So just giving anyone a heads up ✌ and if maybe someone had any similar experience that would be good to know for all of us.
20230307_141714.jpg
FB_IMG_1677964004605.jpg

2. Also a few minutes ago There was/is a post in the same group about a new Giant Ridecontrol app update that is supposed to add a lot of new functionality to the owners of ebikes with the Syncdrive Pro 2 motor(2022 onwards). Haven't had a chance to try that out for myself.
Screenshot_20230307-140858_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20230307-133935_Facebook.jpg
Cheers guys ✌

hokkane4

Jan 3, 2019
Finland
Hi, I received yesterday new Reign and noticed unsealed hole where speed sensor cable comes out from the motor and enters to rear triangle. Is this normal or missing the seal?

Reign E+.jpg

jeanmarc

Mar 2, 2021
Canada
Hi, I received yesterday new Reign and noticed unsealed hole where speed sensor cable comes out from the motor and enters to rear triangle. Is this normal or missing the seal?
Yep, same here... I think (hope) it is meant to drain out from another opening at bottom, back of the crank... 🧐

IMG_5322.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles