Fuel EXe Official Trek Fuel EXe Megathread!

Integralnz

Apr 21, 2024
Queenstown N.Z.
Thanks for all the input. I had a good ride today on my normal single track decents and tuned in on how the bike felt. It is very balanced while descending. The front end is excellent in stock form but the rear feels a little soggy. Im gonna up the pressure in the shock a little and remove some rebound dampening. I am making some small adjustments to the sizing by fitting a 35mm reach stem and trimming the bars by 20mm. I bought the one up dropper today and will fit it to give me 180mm of drop rather than the 150mm stock. That will keep the seat out of the way on the rowdy descents. I would fit a 210mm but my legs are too short for it to work. I have an XT shifter on my other bike that I will swap out for the current SLX which doesnt downshift multiple gears and feels a little vague compared to the XT. I will then ride the bike on my 'go to' trails to work out what next. I did find the stock tires to have reasonable grip and support so am happy to keep running them until they wear. What do you guys think about the mullet conversion, the 160mm fork mod and increasing the shock stroke to 65mm. Do you suggest that the 3 mods are done together or is there a suggested order in which these mods are completed?

Canyon Shawn

Feb 4, 2023
Lake Sherwood, California
^ With a 180 mm dropper and a 65 mm stroke shock, you rear tire is probably going to hit your saddle at bottom out. I have a 62.5 mm shock and a 150mm dropper and I have about 5 mm of clearance at full bottom out. If I ever get my nut sack caught down in there, it’s going to be a mess!

gmoss

Mar 21, 2024
Hickory, NC
I am comfortable with thr travel I have, feels pretty deep. Course, I have been on a 120 bike for a year. What size bike are you guys talking about? Mine is a large.

Canyon Shawn

Feb 4, 2023
Lake Sherwood, California
Mine is a medium.
IMG_2018.jpeg

Emailsucks98

Nov 12, 2020
Bellingham Wa
^ With a 180 mm dropper and a 65 mm stroke shock, you rear tire is probably going to hit your saddle at bottom out.

Not a problem. I'm running a 210mm One-Up dropper (fully inserted into a size L frame) with a 65mm stroke shock and have gotten full travel with a 29" rear wheel. Standard caveats apply: always check your clearances with no spring/air, and don't slide your seat all the way back...

I don't believe the frame size changes clearance at bottom out. Smaller frames just have less insertion depth.

EnduroIntern

Feb 6, 2024
Israel
Not a problem. I'm running a 210mm One-Up dropper (fully inserted into a size L frame) with a 65mm stroke shock and have gotten full travel with a 29" rear wheel. Standard caveats apply: always check your clearances with no spring/air, and don't slide your seat all the way back...

I don't believe the frame size changes clearance at bottom out. Smaller frames just have less insertion depth.
Was just considering it. Is this the V2 or V3 you are running? (The V3 is supposed to be a bit shorter)

Integralnz

Apr 21, 2024
Queenstown N.Z.
^ With a 180 mm dropper and a 65 mm stroke shock, you rear tire is probably going to hit your saddle at bottom out. I have a 62.5 mm shock and a 150mm dropper and I have about 5 mm of clearance at full bottom out. If I ever get my nut sack caught down in there, it’s going to be a mess!
Cheers, will check clearances when I remove the travel spacers. Should be sweet with a 27.5 rear. I noticed your seat is slammed right back on the rails which would contribute to the tight clearance. As long as your balls are larger than 5mm they shouldn't get dragged in !!!

Integralnz

Apr 21, 2024
Queenstown N.Z.
Installed a 27.5 wheel and a 2.6 Minion DHR2. Put flipchip into high mode. Reach shortened a bit by doing so, rolled the bars forward a little and slid the seat back on the rails by 5mm. Handling changed significantly, tips into corners better and doesnt stand you up under braking. Climbing felt the same, maybe a little lighter in the front end on tight steep corners. Did experience slightly more pedal strikes but this should reslove itself when I install the 160mm airshaft. This bike is f*#cking awesome, corners so well and deals with rooty janky tech with such composure, all while feeling like a standard enduro bike.....until you need to pedal back up again. Would buy again, for sure!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles