Nukeproof Megawatt Owners Thread

Richt20000

Jun 29, 2018
Uk
People must be receiving their megawatts now.

any real world tests?

I’ve ridden one up and down the road, its pretty sweet. They definitely feel smaller than the numbers suggest. BB is low at 335mm - should corner well!!!

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england
People must be receiving their megawatts now.

any real world tests?

I’ve ridden one up and down the road, its pretty sweet. They definitely feel smaller than the numbers suggest. BB is low at 335mm - should corner well!!!
Christ what is with BB these days? There a reason, same as Orbea rise

Richt20000

Jun 29, 2018
Uk
Christ what is with BB these days? There a reason, same as Orbea rise

i ordered one, received it and its going straight back.
2 scratches, which I wouldn’t be bothered about on their own (standard for wiggle) but there is massive play in the crank bearings/motor, to the point the chain rubs on the chainguide!

Motohawk75

Dec 30, 2020
U.K.
Doubt it, other megawatt owners don’t have this issue. I’m sending it back as new as if I rode it it’ll be a warranty job and I’m not prepared to do that

Sorry to hear that ! what was it like in fit and finish apart from the obvious short comings ?

Motohawk75

Dec 30, 2020
U.K.
I have one on route, got offered a great deal and with ace spec I’ve gone for the Elite over a Whyte 160rs, I like the Whyte but not that keen on the looks and really fancied something different and new ?184cm so went for a large in the hope it fits as I didn’t want the XL and have that big bike feel …

63BC3F03-5340-4F79-A76C-05392B67EE46.jpeg

Richt20000

Jun 29, 2018
Uk
Sorry to hear that ! what was it like in fit and finish apart from the obvious short comings ?

finish was excellent. All looked amazing.
Definitely comes up small. I am normally inbetween L and XL being 186cm and usually go for larger Ls. However the XL fitted perfect. Its a long wheelbase as 1290mm, but reach and top tube felt a lot smaller than the number suggest. I measured reach as 10mm shorter than geo chart.

Motohawk75

Dec 30, 2020
U.K.
No stock in LBS’s until March 2022 now ?

Have a scout around if your quick you might find one , depending on spec Rourke have a large on the comp. Instagram is a good place to look as a lot of bike shops seem to post pics, I got super lucky yesterday and got a cracking deal

CJM83

Aug 20, 2020
Cardiff
Have a scout around if your quick you might find one , depending on spec Rourke have a large on the comp. Instagram is a good place to look as a lot of bike shops seem to post pics, I got super lucky yesterday and got a cracking deal

There a large Elite in my LBS…..but I’m a snob and want the factory :)

MsO

Dec 11, 2018
swindon
My nephew got his elite the other day bloody great bike great spec and handles lovely liked it that much I ordered the XXL comes next week sold my 4 month old kenevo for one it's that good

Richt20000

Jun 29, 2018
Uk
My nephew got his elite the other day bloody great bike great spec and handles lovely liked it that much I ordered the XXL comes next week sold my 4 month old kenevo for one it's that good
What do you like over kenevo? More poppy and playful?

MsO

Dec 11, 2018
swindon
They are both great bikes nukeproof alot more playful handles the big stuff great and I think for most riders the nukeproof is all you need

Motohawk75

Dec 30, 2020
U.K.
May I ask what height you are ?

Davvee

Jul 18, 2021
Mansfield
Don’t suppose anyone knows if I can put a set of Nukeproof v2 wheels on the megawatt? These sunringle are quiet and I’d like a bit of noise, plus I have a set sat in a box doing nothing.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Don’t suppose anyone knows if I can put a set of Nukeproof v2 wheels on the megawatt? These sunringle are quiet and I’d like a bit of noise, plus I have a set sat in a box doing nothing.
Yeah. If course you can man. They're just wheels. So long as you have the correct rim diameter, Freehub and axle standard

Davvee

Jul 18, 2021
Mansfield
Yeah. If course you can man. They're just wheels. So long as you have the correct rim diameter, Freehub and axle standard

Will get them installed then :). Are these Sunringle rims any good? ill most likely keep them as a spare.

8o8ert

Jul 15, 2021
UK
I like the look of them, but dont like the idea of mullet, and the lack of build options is a no go, i want Sram GX with Rockshox suspension. Shame, when will we start getting frame+motor only.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
If you don't want a mullet why are you even wasting your time looking at the Megawatt ? ?
As for your moan about the drivetrain ?
If you were to buy the comp and sell the brand new Shimano cassette, chain, mech and shifter you'd pretty much get RRP. Replacing the Freehub body and fitting a GX drivetrain. (which is no better than the deore the bike comes with) is a lot less hassle than building a bike from scratch. Not to mention far cheaper.
Kicking tyres is also more awkward when they're not fitted ?

Davvee

Jul 18, 2021
Mansfield
I have noticed no difference coming from SLX to deore and same for the mullet setup, the bike rides like a dream and I can only imagine what the factory feels like.

8o8ert

Jul 15, 2021
UK
If you don't want a mullet why are you even wasting your time looking at the Megawatt ? ?
As for your moan about the drivetrain ?
If you were to buy the comp and sell the brand new Shimano cassette, chain, mech and shifter you'd pretty much get RRP. Replacing the Freehub body and fitting a GX drivetrain. (which is no better than the deore the bike comes with) is a lot less hassle than building a bike from scratch. Not to mention far cheaper.
Kicking tyres is also more awkward when they're not fitted ?
Calm down. I'm just thinking out loud. Not a moan at all really GX required so I can easily add AXS. Also don't consider it wasting time looking at all options at all, the look of the bike I really like. The mullet side of things might be more in my head than anything, but I do tend to swap tyres around a lot which this would make harder.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
You can add ASX by simply fitting a GX ASX shifter and mech to the Shimano drivetrain

Thinking out loud and typing utter bollocks are not the same thing ?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Oh... And the longer you spend thinking up reasons why not to buy a bike the more chance it won't be available to buy anyway.

Win win huh? ?

8o8ert

Jul 15, 2021
UK
You can add ASX by simply fitting a GX ASX shifter and mech to the Shimano drivetrain

Thinking out loud and typing utter bollocks are not the same thing ?
Aren't you a pleasant guy. I don't like mixing drivetrains for starters, I also don't like Shimano brakes.
Never mind, ill leave you to your that your clearly don't like people with different views on bikes.

Motohawk75

Dec 30, 2020
U.K.
Dam these Nukes have been popular they’ve basically sold out of Elites already !! I’ve ended up with 2 ! Long story but I have an XL on route and Large that’s going back unused obviously if anyone is looking for a large elite pm me before it’s sent back

FFE3A3AC-31A5-4D0E-B93A-AF4EB72040CF.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles