New Öhlins stuff

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
After a massive recall, Öhlins launches their new and improved product line.
5A1ADEA8-5BB0-469E-8ECE-A737F39BBAE6.jpeg

Vital Rides the All-New Öhlins RXF36 Fork and TTX Air Shock
I have a tough time trusting this company again.

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
Do you also not trust Cane Creek after the inline issues? Personally I don't trust fox after buying a new pair of forks that didn't have any oil in.

A buddy is currently in the desert racing a truck with an ohlins or two at each corner, they're generally pretty reliable, although they carry spares.

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
Do you also not trust Cane Creek after the inline issues? Personally I don't trust fox after buying a new pair of forks that didn't have any oil in.

A buddy is currently in the desert racing a truck with an ohlins or two at each corner, they're generally pretty reliable, although they carry spares.
I never experienced any issues with cane creek other than a headset that was out of tolerance. I would have no problem bolting a Helm fork on to the front of my bikes.
Öhlins customer service is insufficient for the amount of QC issues that we have seen in the shop. I have had great experiences with all of their Motorsport products I have used for the last 20 years.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I have had multiple Ohlins products on motorbikes, and it always seems to me that they have somewhat blown their entry into the bike world - whereas with motorbikes i will always lust after an Ohlins shock, with bikes i am meh over them

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
They started the war on the side that looked like it would win and finished it on the side that did win. I’d say their decision making process was spot on.

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
They started the war on the side that looked like it would win and finished it on the side that did win. I’d say their decision making process was spot on.
Don’t get me started on the electronics in the Alfa Romeo I used to have. The Japanese have nothing on my people’s electrical engineering

Slowroller

Founding Member
Jan 15, 2018
Wyoming
I have a tough time trusting this company again.

Yeah, as I'm sure you know all too well, it's not that unusual with a new entry into the bike suspension market, once they're out of the lab and into the hands of people who treat them harshly. If they're committed, I bet they can come up with a solid product in a few years. If not? Eh, whatever, plenty of good forks out there. I think they're done for OEM though, and that's where the money is.

Dax

May 25, 2018
FoD
They'll be back. All the major brands have had big fails and still sell. I won't buy another fox after the ctd shock fiasco, but they're still selling well and there's enough bikers out there who are buying a mid life crisis mtb and will pay extra for the ohlins shock.

Personally I love their stuff, I drove a wildcat on ohlins a few years back and it was one of the best setups I've tried, and I have no issues with my kenevo ohlins, it works beautifully and was super easy to set up

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
They'll be back. All the major brands have had big fails and still sell. I won't buy another fox after the ctd shock fiasco, but they're still selling well and there's enough bikers out there who are buying a mid life crisis mtb and will pay extra for the ohlins shock.

Personally I love their stuff, I drove a wildcat on ohlins a few years back and it was one of the best setups I've tried, and I have no issues with my kenevo ohlins, it works beautifully and was super easy to set up
I think they have coil pretty well sorted out, but air hasn’t been good for them.

Dax

May 25, 2018
FoD
I think they have coil pretty well sorted out, but air hasn’t been good for them.

I'm kinda with them there. It wasn't until the pike in about '15 that I started to come around to air. Although the rp23 worked well

Jrwilliams7

Sep 15, 2018
California
Don’t get me started on the electronics in the Alfa Romeo I used to have. The Japanese have nothing on my people’s electrical engineering

I’ve never had a car towed via flat bed to a dealer more than my Quatroporte. Who the hell names a four door car “Four Doors” Maserati lol. #WorstCarEver

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles