What cycling stuff did Santa bring you this year?

Zaskar20

Aug 17, 2021
UK
Teeny weeny Leatherman Squirt complete with mini pliers for those awkward moments you’re sealant clogged valves won’t come loose. Granite Cricket bell.
Oh, and a Smashpot coil conversion for my Lyriks, coutesy of HMRC (unexpected pre-Christmas tax refund).
Leatherman Squirt is quality kit. 👍🏻

Zaskar20

Aug 17, 2021
UK
FDA08DCD-1FED-4BFB-B5EB-188E7A181733.jpeg

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
So clearly 3 types of Santa present
1. Self purchased
2. You provided the URL of what you wanted to someone
3. You got lucky... ( or not!)

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent
Agreed but I was referring to serious injury.........wrist/arms/collarbone are not life changing ( once healed!!) or life threatening.

fair enough mate, although the ‘most vulnerable’ part of your post read like most likely. Although I probably just read it wrong lol

think we all agree anyway 👍🏻😂

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Really the only way to minimise the chance of wrist and collarbone injury is not to put your arm out to break a fall. Difficult I know because its second nature and I guess I am fortunate in that years of playing rugby and also windsurfing have helped me to stop doing that ( so far anyway!)...........it does mean going into a roll however which on a rocky surface makes the back more at risk............hence the back protector!! In rugby fingers,wrists, elbows, are always vulnerable when tackled so it becomes second nature to "wrap arms into your body" and turn. For high wind windsurfing the mantra is never let go of the boom...........which if you lose control invariably means you get slung around the mast, but keep the board close to you and a void a frantic swim to get back to it.........after all it floats, so its a safety thing!!

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent
Really the only way to minimise the chance of wrist and collarbone injury is not to put your arm out to break a fall. Difficult I know because its second nature and I guess I am fortunate in that years of playing rugby and also windsurfing have helped me to stop doing that ( so far anyway!)...........it does mean going into a roll however which on a rocky surface makes the back more at risk............hence the back protector!! In rugby fingers,wrists, elbows, are always vulnerable when tackled so it becomes second nature to "wrap arms into your body" and turn. For high wind windsurfing the mantra is never let go of the boom...........which if you lose control invariably means you get slung around the mast, but keep the board close to you and a void a frantic swim to get back to it.........after all it floats, so its a safety thing!!

The only thought in my head right now is uncle Albert going down that cellar trap door 😂

jimbob

Aug 3, 2020
East UK
I used to think folk could spend some serious dosh on motor bikes but it seems they've nothing on mountain bikers 😄
I've made the stupid mistake of tracking my Emtb costs. Really wish I hadn't now...

I think I have the common disorder (commonly found in the male species) where I can only have expensive hobbies. Think I might try knitting for a change.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
I've made the stupid mistake of tracking my Emtb costs. Really wish I hadn't now...

I think I have the common disorder (commonly found in the male species) where I can only have expensive hobbies. Think I might try knitting for a change.
Have you seen the price of Cashmere ..😂

Last edited:

B1rdie

Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
All reds and greens on christmas day:

7AFC1F11-5DCF-4E2E-B906-B2EE3A6EED25.jpeg
0CE7E404-F180-4198-8EB5-B70169FD92CE.jpeg

had an E10 error on saturday and spent the whole day swapping the old motor. It had 5.200km at the log.

B1rdie

Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
What is that box you've got plugged in?
Its EW-EN100 a substitute for the central,without a display, that can be used with the etube app. In this case I was using it to check if it was any cable that was causing the error and to be sure that it was inside the motor, without the need to remove the central from the handlebar.
@Doomanic : I had to stop for lunch and it envolved some drinking too😵‍💫😅

Coolcmsc

Oct 29, 2019
U.K.

I suggest therapy… Not for spending, obviously. But to gain insight into why you’ve developed this absurd high risk self destructive behaviour of tracking your emtb costs 🙄

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles