What cycling stuff did Santa bring you this year?

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent
Every year we do a Christmas family lotto, Chuck a £10 in a month each…

prize draw:

F7170B1C-B375-413D-B4E8-CC2765BC8EC7.jpeg

I just won 3rd place.

so looks like I’ve bought myself the bar mount!!

get in! Merry Xmas

BDA3AFC4-7819-4E9A-8D09-A3B89BB1EE8B.png

Clubby

Oct 3, 2020
Tayside
Teeny weeny Leatherman Squirt complete with mini pliers for those awkward moments you’re sealant clogged valves won’t come loose. Granite Cricket bell.
Oh, and a Smashpot coil conversion for my Lyriks, coutesy of HMRC (unexpected pre-Christmas tax refund).

Mabman

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
Got a visit from Krampus on 12/5 so I got nothin'.

Good thing my new bike came in on the 4th!

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
POC VPD back protector.
I have Leatt airfit jacket for the rocky gnarly stuff but just wear a Leatt Roost vest for forest trails. The roost vest is short sleeved and light but includes a chest protector as well as shoulder and bicep protectors.......BUT the most vulnerable part of the body ( other than the head) for serious injury is your back................hence why back protectors are manadatory for events. So roost vest plus back protector is my "lightweight" armour set up..............Leatt airfit for the more radical stuff.

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent
POC VPD back protector.
I have Leatt airfit jacket for the rocky gnarly stuff but just wear a Leatt Roost vest for forest trails. The roost vest is short sleeved and light but includes a chest protector as well as shoulder and bicep protectors.......BUT the most vulnerable part of the body ( other than the head) for serious injury is your back................hence why back protectors are manadatory for events. So roost vest plus back protector is my "lightweight" armour set up..............Leatt airfit for the more radical stuff.

whilst injury from crashing and damage to the spine is probably most serious (after head) I’d challenge wether it’s most vulnerable.

I’d wager wrists, arms, collar bones etc pop more frequently than backs.

Don’t deny, back protector is never a bad idea tho 👍🏻

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
I did ski seasons for a few years. Anyone who's done them sees the avalanche of banged up seasonnaires whose enthusiasm far exceeds their talent. You'd see skiers doing their cruciate ligaments by the dozen & snowboarders doing wrists & ribs. Generally, the bits that face front are most on offer, hence why mountain bikers are forever doing collarbones & arms.

Back when I first flew paragliders in the early 90's, L shaped Kevlar back protectors were all the rage until someone clever worked out that a major drawback was that they transmitted crash forces from bottom to top & people were suffering paralysing injuries from otherwise innocuous accidents. These days, the harnesses have a kind of air ram compartment built into them that acts as an airbag under the pilot's arse.

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
whilst injury from crashing and damage to the spine is probably most serious (after head) I’d challenge wether it’s most vulnerable.

I’d wager wrists, arms, collar bones etc pop more frequently than backs.

Don’t deny, back protector is never a bad idea tho 👍🏻
flipped off the back of the bike a few months ago onto rocks, was winded badly and did my neck some damage just from the impact, back protector saved me from a pretty decent injury.. wear one all the time at bikepark

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent
flipped off the back of the bike a few months ago onto rocks, was winded badly and did my neck some damage just from the impact, back protector saved me from a pretty decent injury.. wear one all the time at bikepark

dont disagree mate 👍
Just saying it’s more likely to injure arms and collar bones etc

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles