Post your shiny new bike stuff thread

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
I’ll kick it off!

Haven’t bought any new bike bling for ages (last was pedals a year ago). Thought I’d try a shorter (35mm) stem over the 60mm stock and some wider bars:

980626B2-E337-44EA-B59D-C73A5C6C49FA.jpeg

DC219C87-45CB-4340-AFC8-89BE8A9C1D2B.jpeg

Last edited:

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Given my history with TL tyres I ought to give them a go... :cry:

Shane’s1000rr

Apr 4, 2018
County Durham
What were they before? And what length is the new stem? I've got a 70mm stem and 780mm bar (up from 750mm) on at the moment.
780 before and 60mm stem. The Renthal fatbar lites are 740 and the stem 40mm transformed the bike for me got loads more confidence on the front. I even like the butchergrids now I’ve realised what the problem was I was too far back front feels great now.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
This week I fitted an old Selle Italia SLR 135 saddle I just happened to have kicking around. Saving a further 103g. Making no noticable difference to the bike but it does all add up... er... or subtract actually ;)

Will add a pic later

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
No. i meant the difference between the Miranda Aluz and Praxis Carbonz
Miranda Carbonz are a lot lighter than Praxis Carbonz (I can only presume the Praxis should be a lot stiffer)

Praxis carbon 375g
Miranda carbon 288g
Miranda classic Alu 396g
Miranda Delta Alu 420g

All weight as quoted by manufacturer and for brose

Al can probably tell you the exact real measured weight of the Praxis
plenty folk on here have the cheap Alu Mirandas someone's probably weighed them too if you're worried their weights are way off

IMO crank arms probably isn't the cleverest place to be looking for a super light or super expensive component, especially considering all the moaning on here about pedal strikes on bikes that don't actually have low BBs.

I run Saints on almost all my non-Ebikes and at first when I got the Ebike wished Shimano made a Saint Ebike crankset. (the shimano E8000 crank is noticably less stiff than my Saints). but now that I've killed the bearings in one motor I think I'd actually rather have a cheap crank that might bend rather than transfer all the load to the bearings/motor in a crash/bail.

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
Cheers for the info. Can't find anyone that stocks either carbon cranks.

I don't get the pedal strikes thing either myself. Haven't caught them once, maybe it's reading the trail better

Anyone know the weight of the standard praxis cranks on the 19 levo?
- if bling cranks take me under 20kg it'll be hard to resist.

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
Pretty sure Miranda will sell direct. Fire them an Email
What does your Levo weigh just now?

21 dead with pedals. Next weekend should be a bit lighter. Not the magic goal, but i'm not number hunting this time, just keen. The bike is riding way different nearly 10% lighter.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles