Making sense of the BLEVO ride statistics

GuyP

Nov 3, 2019
Knysna, South Africa
I've still to figure out the sweet spot configuration for me but am puzzled by the statistics I get on the BLEVO display (and what's loaded to Strava).

I presumed that if I set SmartPower to 200w and rode hard for an hour I would show an average user power of around 200 Watt. However the actual figure is not much more than half of that .. what am I missing?

Incidentally, despite all the tips out there regarding the BV6000 and bluetooth, I can't get it to connect to my HRM. Today I rode with a different phone and tried SMartHR. That was pretty cool to set it to 160 (I'm 60) and watch the motor power kick in as my heart climbed above that.

Any pointers to configuration and explanation of the Smart settings would be appreciated.

Jono967

Apr 4, 2019
Victoria Australia
If your hr is above the set limit the motor will kick in therefore lowering you biker watts hence your average biker watts will drop.
Hr limit takes precedence over everything else

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
Rather than start a new topic, you’re more likely to get answers if you post your question in the existing & extensive BLEvo thread.

Also there’s a new manual which explains everything.

Excerpts below:

I don’t use HR so I don’t think I can help too much but how are you trying to pair the HRM?

In case you’re trying to pair using the phone’s OS, you need to pair it using the Configuration button in BLEvo. Then press "Search bike / cardio / remote control”.

To associate the heart rate monitor press "Search cardio BLE" and all active and nearby heart rate monitors will be displayed. Only Bluetooth (BLE or Bluetooth Smart) heart rate monitors will be detected, BLEvo currently cannot connect to the ANT+ heart rate monitors (Garmin etc.).

Smart HR ❤:
The operation of this mode is explained by using the above screenshots as an example.
The training heart rate is set to 157 bpm. BLEvo analyses the current heart rate and if it becomes lower than 154 bpm (157 - 3 threshold) BLEvo will automatically reduce the assistance up to the configured minimum (in our example a decrease down to 5% assistance). There may be a delay of up to x seconds as defined by parameter “Delay decreasing assistance”.

If the current heart rate becomes higher than 160 bpm (157 + 3 threshold) BLEvo automatically increases the assistance up to the configured maximum (in our example an increase up to 5% assistance). There may be a delay of up to x seconds as defined by parameter “Delay increasing assistance”.
When you are in the training zone the assistance provided by the bike is not altered.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles