M820 Bafang - LIGHTCARBON LCE930 Frame (lightweight)

rezystor1990

Feb 1, 2023
Poland
Could you please provide a parts list? The weight of your bike is incredibly low. I was looking for light parts for construction, but I have 1 kg more weight than your bike.

boom.png

kaylee.s

Jul 6, 2023
Redondo Beach, CA
Interested in seeing a parts list as well! I built mine with lightcarbon wheels, and the mattoc pro fork, which is only 1730g. On track to be around 17.5kg.

kimochi

Feb 16, 2021
California
You have to check it with the frame, or maybe someone here is willing to do with a 216 shock at hand. Then You have to be careful with shock stroke - 60 mm max I would guess, compressed length 156mm. @TCFlowClyde is running 210x55, compressed length 155 mm with no problems. (Yet 😂).
Edit: Uuupppssss - its a CEF50 frame - sorry. So You have to investigate shock stroke on Your own…
guess time to experiment which shock works best. yes I plan on using LCE930 frame. would be real nice if @JimLee-Lightcarbon can offer a more enduro version of the bike ;)

kaylee.s

Jul 6, 2023
Redondo Beach, CA
Finally got my battery and missing pieces from my original order and finished my bike this weekend. Lightcarbon wheels, 27.5/29. Specialized purgatory 2.3 tires. Manitou Mara inline shock and Mattoc pro fork. Hope Tech4 E4 brakes with 203mm Shimano MT900 rotors. She weighed in right at 18kg. I think I can decase the bafang battery and save around 0.5kg.. we'll see. Here she is!!

Went for a short 8 mile road ride today up the coast. Used all the modes. Consumed 27% battery. My thoughts... The bike feels plenty powerful. Almost like my specialized turbo levo, but sooooo much lighter! I really like the 245 color display, it's easy to use and easy to see, and just feels modern. The motor did get noticably warm after a decent climb in boost mode. It definitely rattles when not pedaling. The motor is louder than my levo, but not much louder (maybe 15% louder?). One thing I did not like, the motor keeps running when I stop pedaling. At times it does this for over a second. This feels dangerous... my levo definitely does not do this. Is there any way to change this?

Overall very happy with the bike. Can't wait to get out it on a trail!

IMG_20230917_155932.jpg

IMG_20230917_155939.jpg

IMG_20230917_160044.jpg

IMG_20230917_160053.jpg

IMG_20230917_155953.jpg

IMG_20230917_155959.jpg

IMG_20230917_120502.jpg

JimLee-Lightcarbon

Lightcarbon
Apr 15, 2022
Amoy

kimochi

Feb 16, 2021
California
Finally got my battery and missing pieces from my original order and finished my bike this weekend. Lightcarbon wheels, 27.5/29. Specialized purgatory 2.3 tires. Manitou Mara inline shock and Mattoc pro fork. Hope Tech4 E4 brakes with 203mm Shimano MT900 rotors. She weighed in right at 18kg. I think I can decase the bafang battery and save around 0.5kg.. we'll see. Here she is!!

Went for a short 8 mile road ride today up the coast. Used all the modes. Consumed 27% battery. My thoughts... The bike feels plenty powerful. Almost like my specialized turbo levo, but sooooo much lighter! I really like the 245 color display, it's easy to use and easy to see, and just feels modern. The motor did get noticably warm after a decent climb in boost mode. It definitely rattles when not pedaling. The motor is louder than my levo, but not much louder (maybe 15% louder?). One thing I did not like, the motor keeps running when I stop pedaling. At times it does this for over a second. This feels dangerous... my levo definitely does not do this. Is there any way to change this?

Overall very happy with the bike. Can't wait to get out it on a trail!

View attachment 125010
View attachment 125011
View attachment 125012
View attachment 125013
View attachment 125014
View attachment 125015
View attachment 125016
nice build man, also the same as what I was thinking - white frame and manitou suspension. the speed sensor bracket you have is sick!

kaylee.s

Jul 6, 2023
Redondo Beach, CA
nice build man, also the same as what I was thinking - white frame and manitou suspension. the speed sensor bracket you have is sick!
Thanks! It's pearl white. Can't really see the pearl in the pictures, but it's stunning in person!

I see you're in California, if you're near LA, feel free to come check out the bike before you build yours!

kimochi

Feb 16, 2021
California
Thanks! It's pearl white. Can't really see the pearl in the pictures, but it's stunning in person!

I see you're in California, if you're near LA, feel free to come check out the bike before you build yours!
I was just there last week! Would have taken your offer for sure. I'm in norcal.

JimLee-Lightcarbon

Lightcarbon
Apr 15, 2022
Amoy
They are the sponsored Bafang factory race team so I would say they would be assisting Bafang with product development and testing so imo a Bafang slim/high capacity/21700 cell battery may not be too far away!
That brand can get the empty battey box from bafang and make the battery in Italy, They are one of the few brands that can get Bafang empty battery boxes.

dashstryk3

Sep 20, 2023
Malaysia
Hey y'all, long time observer and first time poster here. Planning to get myself the LCE930 with the bafang m820 motor kit combo. For those that build the bike and ridden them frequently, how's the spoke speed sensor magnet so far, any drop outs? Just curious.

Goff

Mar 2, 2023
New Zealand
Hey y'all, long time observer and first time poster here. Planning to get myself the LCE930 with the bafang m820 motor kit combo. For those that build the bike and ridden them frequently, how's the spoke speed sensor magnet so far, any drop outs? Just curious.
I have been on 6 rides and no problems so far, I have another ebike with M510 and M500 before that and no issues with those either

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
no problem with the magnet so far! It seems to work perfectly, I've seen the custom builds that I find interesting with the small carbon plates, I'll do it maybe in the future

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles