M820 Bafang - LIGHTCARBON LCE930 Frame (lightweight)

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
IMG_8833.jpeg

Morning ride! 100% —> 12% (currently I’m using the 180Wh battery)
I really felt the cutoff at 20 % 🥲
All the time in Sport mode!

Last edited:

JimLee-Lightcarbon

Lightcarbon
Apr 15, 2022
Amoy
Hey, why do you say, that is should be two part style? I have one part style, and I havent found an issue with it yet. I did't connect it yet, but I did route it trough the chain stay just fine.
Two parts style is easy to trough the hole on chain stay, If you try to trough the charin stay is ok, that's fine,

JimLee-Lightcarbon

Lightcarbon
Apr 15, 2022
Amoy
it will work ? if that's all what is needed that's good.
Don't we need a diode to avoid current flowing it back ?
Only insert the extended battery when the main battery is out of power, and do not leave the interface connected all the time. In addition, ensure that the voltage of the extended battery is not less than that of the main battery. If possible, please use an anti-backflow device.
When we mass-produce extended batteries, we must consider the fixed shape of the battery. However, when DIY batteries, you can try to make a concave rectangle to wrap the odwntube to get more space to accommodate more cells.

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
Guys, I'd like to add a powerful light for my bike and the integrated light output does not provide the needed power.
The solution proposed by klamp is a regulator, to plug directly on your battery connection but the regulator is quite big : 75x35x22mm
For those who installed their battery (btf014), do you think there's enough room in the frame after the battery is installed ? Do you see any other option ?
I've tried to look for 48v-9v DC to DC regulator with an output of 4Amps but it's quite complicated to find that!

JimLee-Lightcarbon

Lightcarbon
Apr 15, 2022
Amoy
Guys, I'd like to add a powerful light for my bike and the integrated light output does not provide the needed power.
The solution proposed by klamp is a regulator, to plug directly on your battery connection but the regulator is quite big : 75x35x22mm
For those who installed their battery (btf014), do you think there's enough room in the frame after the battery is installed ? Do you see any other option ?
I've tried to look for 48v-9v DC to DC regulator with an output of 4Amps but it's quite complicated to find that!
If you tie the cables, there is enough space here; but you need to pass the cables through the downtube first, and then install the battery.

0001.png

JimLee-Lightcarbon

Lightcarbon
Apr 15, 2022
Amoy
Hey @JimLee-Lightcarbon , what's the biggest battery that can fit the frame? I think I saw in a different post that there is a 21700 540wh battery available for m820? Thanks!
the standard battery is 410wh,. with 18650 cells, if you use DIY battery with 21700wh, the battery can be 540wh, you find the big battery from a italy bike brand, right? the frame is from us and they make the battery by themself,

haydz26

Jul 12, 2023
new zealand
the standard battery is 410wh,. with 18650 cells, if you use DIY battery with 21700wh, the battery can be 540wh, you find the big battery from a italy bike brand, right? the frame is from us and they make the battery by themself,
what is this brand jim? keen to see specs of battery as cannot get the bafang battery to n.z now

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles