M820 Bafang - LIGHTCARBON LCE930 Frame (lightweight)

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
I thinking about a range extender if it's plugged into the charging port in parallel it should ballance with main battery?
Which means both need to be fully charged at the start of the ride.
If the main battery is flat and the range extender is then plugged in it will discharge into the main battery?
The only other way is to do this is to disconnect the main battery which is not easy to do.
I’m not sure how the main bike brands do it?
I’m not sure exactly why but you need a Y connector that will balance your 2 batteries. It will start discharging your big battery until both batteries are at the same level

Something like this :

Je viens juste de trouver cet incroyable article sur AliExpress. Jetez-y un coup d'œil ! 26,66€ Réduction de 58% | Batterie de vélo électrique pour touristes, technologie de décharge pour 24V, 36V, 48V, 52V, 68V, 72V, courant maximum 20A, 30A, 40A, 80A, accessoires de vélo électrique

mvrlik

Jun 21, 2023
Czech Republic
I’m not sure exactly why but you need a Y connector that will balance your 2 batteries. It will start discharging your big battery until both batteries are at the same level

Something like this :

Je viens juste de trouver cet incroyable article sur AliExpress. Jetez-y un coup d'œil ! 26,66€ Réduction de 58% | Batterie de vélo électrique pour touristes, technologie de décharge pour 24V, 36V, 48V, 52V, 68V, 72V, courant maximum 20A, 30A, 40A, 80A, accessoires de vélo électrique
Cool, exactly what I need. For 36V motor 20A version should be enough? Or should I go bigger?

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
Cool, exactly what I need. For 36V motor 20A version should be enough? Or should I go bigger?
In theory it should be enough, I’m not sure if it’s worth it to go for 30A …
20A is 720w, the motor is not supposed to deliver that much power

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
IMG_8360.jpeg
IMG_8358.jpeg

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
bad luck. :( Which cassete is it?
Ztto pro, Aliexpress cassette :D same for the chain…
I’m switching to xx for the chain and gx for the cassette, it should be a bit heavier but that shouldn’t break that easily

Goff

Mar 2, 2023
New Zealand
I recommend Sun Race all steel not aluminium. KMC chain.
I have stuck with 11 speed because the cassettes are much cheaper.
Aluminium cassettes will break even Sram, my friends Trek Rail 9 cassette didn’t last long.

clix

Jul 24, 2022
EU
Ztto pro, Aliexpress cassette :D same for the chain…
I’m switching to xx for the chain and gx for the cassette, it should be a bit heavier but that shouldn’t break that easily

Good choice, imo. As far as chains for eagle drivetrain go, X01 and XX1 are much more durable, than GX and below. X01 is the one I go for on my non-e mtb.

Aluminium cassettes will break even Sram, my friends Trek Rail 9 cassette didn’t last long.

Yup, this is also the reason I went with shimano 11 speed linkglide stuff. Cassets are a bit of a boat anchor, but they are all steel, with wider tooth base profile, to increase longevity and wear resistance. Also, because it is 11 speed system, it should be a little less finicky to setup. I am hoping for a somewhat set and forget system, apart from regular chain lubing.

brbr

Dec 28, 2022
France
Unfortunately, axs is not compatible with 11 speed, otherwise, I would have switched!

clix

Jul 24, 2022
EU
Looks verry nice! :)

But my frame didn't come with these gromets:
1692867726023.png

Can you also check the other side? do you have them also for the shifter cable?

Did anybody else receive these?

Adam_TrailBK

Aug 24, 2023
Slovensko
Has anyone been able to get an update on the btf 014 battery? All they will tell me now is it is delayed, with no estimated time or explanation.
Information from yesterday from Jim:

motor and battery should be end of this month, bafang just ship some motors to us in Monday, but without battery and cables, they said the rest parts in end of this month. any update will mail you.

Lucoz

Jun 8, 2023
Australia
Have anyone ordered frame protection like Ridewrap or Invisiframe?
If so, what model did you order?
I was thinking about getting a kit for Norco Optic that looks similar to the LCE930 but keen to get feed-back.
1692946785325.png

Freda

Feb 5, 2023
Vaasa
My frame arrived today! Color is pearl white. The paint looks great and carbon quality looks very good too! Bare frame as it sits weighs 2763g, size L. Mounted up my new Manitou Mara inline shock, fits perfectly!

View attachment 123157 View attachment 123158 View attachment 123159 View attachment 123160 View attachment 123161 View attachment 123162 View attachment 123163 View attachment 123164 View attachment 123165 View attachment 123166
If you have the chance, can you measure inside downtube, how much actual space there is for battery? Thinking about custom battery..

Karamba!

May 29, 2023
Santiago, Chile
I had an - not - amazing answer from Anna Shen. She is confused about the motor, and proposed me to sell me the besst tool to check the motor, but nothing more.
No excuse, no proposal to change the motor, no besst tool for free...
Oh boy... I will share my experience with Anna Shen when I find the time and energy to do so...

KaroKönig

Feb 10, 2021
Germany
In order not to overload the thread here, I'll create my own for my building " Schwarzwild Keiler 375 with LCE 930 frame "

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles