Looking for back pack recommendations

Siwilkie

May 20, 2019
Wakefield
Bought a second battery ( only small ) but want a pack which allows secure holding and be handy to have a bladder any links or recommendations welcome

jerry

Dec 22, 2018
Belgium
First had the XLS Ebike Rucksack. Was... well, okay, but it felt a bit flimsy (especially the strap closures), and the battery weight still came too much on the shoulder. Sold that one, and went for the Evoc FR Trail E-ride. Much more sturdy, seems to have beter back protection, and the larger hip bands do a better job in shifting the weight from shoulders to hips.
Because of In-tube popularity, they shift these at discounted prices, bought mine for EUR 165.
The only downside I could find, it the outlet for the bladder, it goes through the bottom of the backpack. I like mine to be going through at the top, as my bladder tube is directed upwards, and it has to make an 180 degree turn to go through the bottom, closing it off.

Both backpacks are struggling a bit with bladders though - the content volume of the bladder sits at the same height as the battery. You would not be able to fill it with more than 2l before the bulk and the weight gets too much.

Siwilkie

May 20, 2019
Wakefield
First had the XLS Ebike Rucksack. Was... well, okay, but it felt a bit flimsy (especially the strap closures), and the battery weight still came too much on the shoulder. Sold that one, and went for the Evoc FR Trail E-ride. Much more sturdy, seems to have beter back protection, and the larger hip bands do a better job in shifting the weight from shoulders to hips.
Because of In-tube popularity, they shift these at discounted prices, bought mine for EUR 165.
The only downside I could find, it the outlet for the bladder, it goes through the bottom of the backpack. I like mine to be going through at the top, as my bladder tube is directed upwards, and it has to make an 180 degree turn to go through the bottom, closing it off.

Both backpacks are struggling a bit with bladders though - the content volume of the bladder sits at the same height as the battery. You would not be able to fill it with more than 2l before the bulk and the weight gets too much.
Thanks pal

GOSBTS

Sep 24, 2018
Sussex
@jerry

I too have just received this pack (EVOC - E-RIDE) and it took me 15 minutes to find out how to route the bladder. I'm not convinced of its security, i feel it is a little exposed and it could catch on a branch? Can you show me how you have routed yours with a photo please? Would appreciate it, I have the tube running upwards from the hole at the base which is different to every other pack i have ever owned??!!

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I have had the Camelbak MULE for about 8 years now and it seems to be damn near indestructible! I use it as a back protector, fall on it, scrub the mud off it with a floor brush and machine wash it from time to time. I once snagged it on a semi-fallen tree as I tried to pass under it. The outer pocket section nearly got ripped clean off. I just stitched it up with the strongest thread in my wife's sewing box and that was two years ago. I have ridden with the Focus TEC pack in it (the 378Whr spare battery). I couldn't have also got my jacket in there, but it fitted, along with a 3 litre bladder with about 2 litres in it, and all my usual kit (tools, pump, spares etc). I would definitely buy another MULE when (if) this one wears out.

Karlkarl

May 7, 2019
Italy
Hi! I'm also looking for a way to carry a spare (shimano external) battery with me for longer / all day tours. Still a bit worried of falling with a brick in my backpack, even with a protector.
Anyone tried using a saddle bag (like topeak 6 liters backloader) on trails or gravel roads? Other viable alternatives to backpacks?

StuR

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
Forest of Dean
How much you after pal
I'd take £135 inc postage if in UK
Back protector is inc
Doesn't come with a hydration pack as standard but ive plumbed in 2 x 1 litre bottles which sit really well either side of the battery
Complete with Quick connections
I'll inc all those bits as well
It's a work in progress and the bottles do leak if not upright.
But a bit of ingenuity would sort it

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles