Looking for a jacket ??‍♂️

Beezerk

Mar 23, 2019
Gateshead
I started a similar thread a couple of months ago, after reading endless reviews and opinions on here I bought an Endura MT500 jacket, absolutely top notch and couldn't be happier with it.

Ripping g

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 8, 2019
West yorkshire
I started a similar thread a couple of months ago, after reading endless reviews and opinions on here I bought an Endura MT500 jacket, absolutely top notch and couldn't be happier with it.
Thats what i was looking at did you just get the mt500 waterproof or the freezing point cheers

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire

I did the same. In terms of keeping warmth I layer up.

simonk

SLayer ?
Jan 27, 2020
Exeter
Can’t really go wrong with either Endura or Madison - both UK based companies that seem to understand our weather well.
I’ve given up on expensive jackets though as I’ve ruined a few too many. I just layer up these days and top it off with either a cheapy Sports Direct/Muddy Fox or Mountain Warehouse weather resistant shell type jacket. Saves on upset when you fall off and find big flappy holes in the elbows of your £200 jacket.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I don't want a waterproof to also add loads of warmth. I just want it to be waterproof and very breathable. I can add warmth with layers, or remove them one by one. Actually I have never needed more than two layers under a waterproof when riding. When it's really cold I'll take another layer in my pack to put on if I have a problem and can't ride.

I accept that my version of really cold is entirely subjective! :unsure:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles