Looking for advice

Driller38

Mar 21, 2021
Scotland
Hello, started looking for an E Bike. I have a hard tail pedal powered and a couple of road bikes but fancy a full suspension e Mtb.
I would also like to commute to work going in is fine it’s 20 miles but from about 350m to sea level. The journey home is a bind so I thought new mtb bike but with battery assistance.

would I be correct in saying that if I pedal a wee bit the bike will get me up to 25kph.
I know it sounds lazy but I intend to do it 3 times a week and would not do that otherwise
TIA

Pigin

Jul 7, 2020
Saddleworth
I love your commitment to "pedal a wee bit". ?.

The simple answer is yes. Pedlecs add to your own pedalling effort. Most models allow you to vary the assistance so you can pedal with total effort to just a wee bit. I think I speak for a lot of people here when I say that they can be very addictive.

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
Yes, they are not 'powered' cycles, they are obviously electrically assisted up to a threshold of 25kph/15.5mph. As I remind those that say it's powered, I say," no, assisted, I still have to pedal 25Kg of bike to go anywhere!"

TrailBoB

Apr 27, 2020
Scotland
I love your commitment to "pedal a wee bit". ?.

The simple answer is yes. Pedlecs add to your own pedalling effort. Most models allow you to vary the assistance so you can pedal with total effort to just a wee bit. I think I speak for a lot of people here when I say that they can be very addictive.
“Very addictive“. You may plan to do it 3 times a week, but I bet you’ll be out on it in between, as well. There such good fun.??

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles