Levo Gen 3 Levo Gen 4 2024 Rumours

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
160mm of rear travel that requires no linkages or pivots, thinwall graphene frame and wheelset reduces overall weight by 8kg, return to 26" wheel sizes for maximum range. SRAM MindControl autoshifting, and Magura brake-by-wire systems.

techm8n

Sep 15, 2020
SF Bay Area
Frame will be similar to the new Levo SL with NO sidearm (thank goodness). And will use the new Sram/Brose motor with auto-shift. The Sram/Brose motor fits the Gen3 Levo because they actually used it in the 2022 EWS-E race (prototype testing). In the podcast interview with Transition, they were discussing their new Transition Repeater PT (Sram/Brose motor) and mentioned that Sram/Brose used a Levo as a test mule.

techm8n

Sep 15, 2020
SF Bay Area
Frame will be similar to the new Levo SL with NO sidearm (thank goodness). And will use the new Sram/Brose motor with auto-shift. The Sram/Brose motor fits the Gen3 Levo because they actually used it in the 2022 EWS-E race (prototype testing). In the podcast interview with Transition, they were discussing their new Transition Repeater PT (Sram/Brose motor) and mentioned that Sram/Brose used a Levo as a test mule.
Also, we were riding in Santa Cruz with a Specialized account rep and I tried to get the info out of him. I mentioned that the Levo was raced with the Sram/Brose motor in the 2022 EWS-E. He just smiled and didn't want to confirm it. But he did say that they are coming out with a new motor.

mrhaboobi

Sep 17, 2023
New Zealand
1710457370437.png

new config for current levo. guess that signals a delay in another new versions coming soon

ebikeZA

Apr 2, 2018
Cape Town
Ok..
My deduction
Same frame, new motor with auto shift and coast shifting.
Will be out within the next 6 weeks.
I have a suspicion that SAM bikes from your tube has one that he is testing, as he is going to be doing a motor comparison video shortly.

Apr 11, 2023
Japan
No can’t buy from Aussie. They won’t ship.
That's tooo bad. You could go to Australia, buy one, then take the bike back on the plane with you. But you'd have to ship the battery as "dangerous goods," which means that you'd have to find a company that is licensed to do that in Australia. That's what I did. It took some work, but I finally found a company that could ship the battery for me to Japan from Taiwan. I went to Taiwan last year, bought my Levo in Taipei, and then flew back with the bicycle and had the battery shipped separately. I used to live in Taiwan, so I kind of hit two birds with one stone by making it a short 3 day holiday and also a bike buying trip.

mrhaboobi

Sep 17, 2023
New Zealand
Yeah it’s an option but honestly trips to Aussie are not cheap even from New Zealand . Probably just pick up the ohlins edition. Was looking at a pivot shuttle am or Rocky Mountain altitude powerplay but both don’t have stock and the levo is better spec. Can’t justify the pivot as it 1500 more than the levo and lower spec other than carbon but it was probably my preferred option
That's tooo bad. You could go to Australia, buy one, then take the bike back on the plane with you. But you'd have to ship the battery as "dangerous goods," which means that you'd have to find a company that is licensed to do that in Australia. That's what I did. It took some work, but I finally found a company that could ship the battery for me to Japan from Taiwan. I went to Taiwan last year, bought my Levo in Taipei, and then flew back with the bicycle and had the battery shipped separately. I used to live in Taiwan, so I kind of hit two birds with one stone by making it a short 3 day holiday and also a bike buying trip.y

Apr 11, 2023
Japan
Yes i had also wondered if that was an approach.
Also, if
Yeah it’s an option but honestly trips to Aussie are not cheap even from New Zealand . Probably just pick up the ohlins edition. Was looking at a pivot shuttle am or Rocky Mountain altitude powerplay but both don’t have stock and the levo is better spec. Can’t justify the pivot as it 1500 more than the levo and lower spec other than carbon but it was probably my preferred option
Yeah, unless you make a short vacation out of it - e.g., visiting friends, etc. it is a lot of money. You're right, I think the Levo has better specs. I was also looking at Rocky Mountain. I decided to go with the Levo.

OZI

Jan 4, 2024
Portugal

"Leafing through the archive, the Enduro is now four years old, the Stumpjumper Evo is three and a half years old, and the Turbo Levo is nearly three years old. Which (3 years in March 2024), in Specialized terms, makes them antiques. So my money would be on at least one of those bikes getting a major refresh this year. Possibly all three.

Will the Enduro get a version of the UBB system from the Demo? Will the Turbo Levo get the SRAM motor? Will the Stumpy Evo lose the Sidearm frame design to align itself with the new Levo SL? My hunch is yes to the last two."

What do you think, will the Turbo Levo get the SRAM motor?

Rando_12345

Nov 16, 2022
France

"Leafing through the archive, the Enduro is now four years old, the Stumpjumper Evo is three and a half years old, and the Turbo Levo is nearly three years old. Which (3 years in March 2024), in Specialized terms, makes them antiques. So my money would be on at least one of those bikes getting a major refresh this year. Possibly all three.

Will the Enduro get a version of the UBB system from the Demo? Will the Turbo Levo get the SRAM motor? Will the Stumpy Evo lose the Sidearm frame design to align itself with the new Levo SL? My hunch is yes to the last two."

What do you think, will the Turbo Levo get the SRAM motor?
I'm not sure it will have a SRAM logo on it, but my guess is that it will effectively be the same the motor, but with spesh software that will have more tuning and modes (I believe SRAM version only gets 2)

mrhaboobi

Sep 17, 2023
New Zealand
I’d like to at least see a mastermind upgrade for older Levo for sale given it’s now default on all models .. 2024 base alloy has it and 700w battery. As it’s no longer a spec difference they can now offer it as an upgrade option :)

Ribinrobin

Subscriber
Apr 16, 2021
Berkshire, UK
I’d like to at least see a mastermind upgrade for older Levo for sale given it’s now default on all models .. 2024 base alloy has it and 700w battery. As it’s no longer a spec difference they can now offer it as an upgrade option :)

Its like the new SL motors, specialized will not sell as an upgrade. They'd rather you buy a new bike than a TCU or motor.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles