2019 Specialized Turbo Levo News & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.

ernstal

Sep 6, 2018
Austria
So the base model comp is over £5000? ?
2018 comp was about 5299 euros (in Austria), the comp carbon 5999 euros, which would be a gain of 400 euros for the normal comp. it seems legit compared to the supposed expert and s-works models price-gain.

But thats just what I've read in an italien facebook-group

ccrdave

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
Assuming the facts are true the s works and expert is outside my budget, maybe even the comp but what do i get
Bit longer reach
Same battery
Same motor power
Some pretty lights i can see
Think im gonna stick with what i got !!

neils

Aug 28, 2018
Wokingham UK
looks like my earlier post about the S-works and Expert models was all rumour and speculation after all, especially as I had no evidence to back it up!!;):p

neils

Aug 28, 2018
Wokingham UK
I guess this is about the s-works version. Someone in an italian forum said, that the price will be about 12.000 euros for the s-works version and about 8000 for the expert version.

So, the 700Wh battery might be just in the expert and s-works model, with just another type of battery cells? So I guess, the 500Wh (or 630Wh?) battery will be in the comp models and hopefully compatible with the 700Wh battery.

I was informed of £7k for the Expert and £10k for the S-works as I stated on here so 8k euros would seem correct for the Expert.

BeBop

Jan 16, 2018
Euroland
2019 Levo Expert Specs:
  • Carbon FACT 9m front triangle, Aluminium M5 rear
  • RockShox Deluxe RT3 150mm Shock
  • RockShox Pike RC29 150mm
  • SRAM Code R Brakes, 200m F/R rotors
  • SRAM S700 E-Click simple-click shifters (All new?)
  • SRAM XG-1175 Cassette
  • Praxis 165mm Cranks
  • Roval Traverse 29" Carbon wheels
  • 2.6" Butcher Tyres
  • 160mm Command Post Dropper, 34.9mm
  • 700 Wh battery
  • Turbo 2.1 Custom Rx Trail-tuned motor

Could very likely change the Pike travel to give 160mm Front, 150mm Rear.

neils

Aug 28, 2018
Wokingham UK
2019 Levo Expert Specs:
  • Carbon FACT 9m front triangle, Aluminium M5 rear
  • RockShox Deluxe RT3 150mm Shock
  • RockShox Pike RC29 150mm
  • SRAM Code R Brakes, 200m F/R rotors
  • SRAM S700 E-Click simple-click shifters (All new?)
  • SRAM XG-1175 Cassette
  • Praxis 165mm Cranks
  • Roval Traverse 29" Carbon wheels
  • 2.6" Butcher Tyres
  • 160mm Command Post Dropper, 34.9mm
  • 700 Wh battery
  • Turbo 2.1 Custom Rx Trail-tuned motor

Could very likely change the Pike travel to give 160mm Front, 150mm Rear.

I would like to see 160mm on the front, would be a good move in my opinion.

Sherman

May 9, 2018
3rd Rock
I'd rather see a Lyrik or Fox 36 on the front. I doubt many would even notice 10mm in blind test (but of course the same could be with Pike/Lyrik).

Overall a bit of disappointment that the good stuff is for the more expensive models. But it will trickle down in the future, I'll happily ride my 2017 Levo for another year or two.

Levo2018

Jun 15, 2018
Germany
only 29" will be the NO GO for me with the LEVO 2019......just a few day`s until we will know what`s the real deal with the ne models...

neils

Aug 28, 2018
Wokingham UK
I'd rather see a Lyrik or Fox 36 on the front. I doubt many would even notice 10mm in blind test (but of course the same could be with Pike/Lyrik).

Overall a bit of disappointment that the good stuff is for the more expensive models. But it will trickle down in the future, I'll happily ride my 2017 Levo for another year or two.

Your right but the 160mm will help to keep things a little plusher up front. It might be possible to up the 150 to 160 anyway. Haven't stripped one down to see but someone out there may well be able to feed back on this... anyone???

Thomas

Aug 29, 2018
Europe
Full Specs
  • 2.1 Rx Motor (Brose Mag S, 15% smaller 11% lighter)
  • 150mm Rear travel
  • 150mm Front Travel
  • 700Wh Battery, almost 40% more range
  • 29" Wheels
  • 2.6" Tyres
  • 10 led with charge status, 3 led with mode of operation
  • 160mm Dropper
Only the Expert and S-Works have the new motor and battery.

Pricing TBC, however possibly:
  • S-Works: €9490
  • Expert: €7290
  • Comp Carbon: €5790
  • Comp: €4890
"The design includes our 29 geometry trial that features a low bottom bracket, long top tube and short stem. the geometry of the ride has also been perfected. The cable guide is completely internal including that of the post post IR seat post, the battery is completely integrated in the lower tube, while the minimalist motor is mounted in a more secure and lightweight'

It has carbon frame of sidearm design, like the one you will find in the new Stumpjumper, 150mm of travel. Rx custom engine redesigned, a new battery of 700 Wh and a long list of features that make it the best trail bike, with even more energy. The power to travel more trails is yours."

NEW 2019 Haibike FLYON models are getting more and more appealing, looking at this new cranked up prices from Specialized..:cry:(n)
All 2019 Haibike FLYON models with TQ motor at a glance | E-MOUNTAINBIKE Magazine

Last edited:

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
Your right but the 160mm will help to keep things a little plusher up front. It might be possible to up the 150 to 160 anyway. Haven't stripped one down to see but someone out there may well be able to feed back on this... anyone???
It’s entirely possible, the air shaft needs to be changed out for the 160mm one. I have done this on all four Levos I have owned.

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California

You realize this isn’t a Kenevo right? A Levo doesn’t need a Lyrik or 36. The reason why the pike is on there is to reduce weight and a revelation would be too flimsy.

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
only 29" will be the NO GO for me with the LEVO 2019......just a few day`s until we will know what`s the real deal with the ne models...
I switched my Levos to 29s 2 years ago and I will never go back to 27+ It’s lighter, faster and removes the pedal strike issue altogether. You could always use your old wheels and tires or sell the 29s and get 27+

We’ll have 27+ wheels on hand at our shop for customers that prefer them and we’ll switch them out free of charge

I absolutely hate that I can’t change my Kenevo to 29s

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
Assuming the facts are true the s works and expert is outside my budget, maybe even the comp but what do i get
Bit longer reach
Same battery
Same motor power
The battery isn’t the same, it has 700wh
Why would they have a more powerful motor? It wouldn’t be a class 1 bike.
It has more torque than the old one.
It’s significantly lighter than its predecessor
I understand the budget part
The old one had pretty lights too

neils

Aug 28, 2018
Wokingham UK
Is the Lyrik a better fork or just stronger? Sorry not up on the differences.??

I run a Pike RCT3 (2014) on my Spec Enduro.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Bit longer reach
Same battery
Same motor power
The battery isn’t the same, it has 700wh
Why would they have a more powerful motor? It wouldn’t be a class 1 bike.
It has more torque than the old one.
It’s significantly lighter than its predecessor
I understand the budget part
The old one had pretty lights too

I thought it was only the Expert and S-Works that got the bigger battery?

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Is the Lyrik a better fork or just stronger? Sorry not up on the differences.??

I run a Pike RCT3 (2014) on my Spec Enduro.
In the Rockshox parthenon of forks the Lyric/Yari are the supposedly burlier forks for enduro/gravity focused and the Pike/Revelation are the Trail fork

In the fox range the Lyric equates to a 36 and the Pike to a 34 . . . although its not quite that simple

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
Revelation and Pike share the same chassis, and that's the reason why I'd like to see Lyrik or Fox36 on front.
I forgot they updated the revelation to Pike chassis this year. The Lyrik or 36 is overkill on a trail bike, but the S-Works gas a 36 going off of that spec sheet that was posted

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles