Status
Not open for further replies.

ccrdave

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
I forgot they updated the revelation to Pike chassis this year. The Lyrik or 36 is overkill on a trail bike, but the S-Works gas a 36 going off of that spec sheet that was posted
the lyrics are not overkill on a levo a bike that weighs 21kg plus my fat arse at 107kgs, they work fantastic mine are at 160 with a debonair spring and I would not swop them

TorAtle

Aug 4, 2018
OSLO
Did they actually go to the trouble of designing the new frame to accept both the old and new motor? Or is Comp the old frame with old motor and 500Wh battery?

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
the lyrics are not overkill on a levo a bike that weighs 21kg plus my fat arse at 107kgs, they work fantastic mine are at 160 with a debonair spring and I would not swop them
You have run what works for you and your preference.
I think the goal here with new Expert and S-Works was to get the weight down.
I am 102kg and I run Pikes and Lyriks and for me the Pike is better suited for trail bikes 140-160mm of travel and the Lyrik is 160-180mm Enduro/All Mountain applications.
The only Fox fork I like is the 36 so it gets a pass.
But again the Levo is a trail bike and it was still heavy even after the carbon version came out, so it would seem to me saying all I am allowed to say until the 18th (the 18th ferfucksake!) that the goal here was to make the lightest trail Emtb they could.
I’m just pleased as punch that Öhlins isn’t on this bike either

Hightower

Sep 7, 2018
Mars
As the owner of 2018 Levo Turbo S-Works let me just say, the S-Works is just not worth it. The Levo Turbo Expert with the carbon hoops and decent components for almost $2500 cheaper is good enough. S-Works is a waste of money.

Obviously, I'm very disappointed with my S-Works. The difference between my beat 2016 Levo Turbo and the 2018 S-Works is negligible. Motor on my new bike is much louder than the old. Suspension is "meh" and the drive train clicks and skips. Not what I would expect for a supposedly top-of-the-line bike.

Hope this helps anyone considering buying a Turbo Levo.

neils

Aug 28, 2018
Wokingham UK
As the owner of 2018 Levo Turbo S-Works let me just say, the S-Works is just not worth it. The Levo Turbo Expert with the carbon hoops and decent components for almost $2500 cheaper is good enough. S-Works is a waste of money.

Obviously, I'm very disappointed with my S-Works. The difference between my beat 2016 Levo Turbo and the 2018 S-Works is negligible. Motor on my new bike is much louder than the old. Suspension is "meh" and the drive train clicks and skips. Not what I would expect for a supposedly top-of-the-line bike.

Agreed the S-Works is over priced and not worth it. Maybe S-Works customers get a free lifetime warranty on all parts! :unsure::ROFLMAO:

ccrdave

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
You have run what works for you and your preference.
I think the goal here with new Expert and S-Works was to get the weight down.
I am 102kg and I run Pikes and Lyriks and for me the Pike is better suited for trail bikes 140-160mm of travel and the Lyrik is 160-180mm Enduro/All Mountain applications.
The only Fox fork I like is the 36 so it gets a pass.
But again the Levo is a trail bike and it was still heavy even after the carbon version came out, so it would seem to me saying all I am allowed to say until the 18th (the 18th ferfucksake!) that the goal here was to make the lightest trail Emtb they could.
I’m just pleased as punch that Öhlins isn’t on this bike either
Im pretty certain they have got a light emtb but at what cost to the punter. The prices that are being banded about here are not worth it in my opinions, most of us are trail or enduro rider not pro super heros where half a kilo makes a difference between winning and loosing and 10 grand for an ebike is just nuts!

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California

I totally agree, I wouldn’t have even bought mine if I didn’t get my employee discount.
I liked my 2017 Expert better than any 2018 Levo
Mine was super quiet, so take it to your dealer. The loud motor should be replaced

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
Im pretty certain they have got a light emtb but at what cost to the punter. The prices that are being banded about here are not worth it in my opinions, most of us are trail or enduro rider not pro super heros where half a kilo makes a difference between winning and loosing and 10 grand for an ebike is just nuts!
I agree. It’s the typical IPhone strategy. No one needs a new phone every year for features you’ll forget about after a week.
Eventually features at the top trickle down the line. Specialized isn’t Vitus and they are not trying to be. A Vauxhall will get you where you need to go, but some of us rather do it in a merc
I get $10000 for Sworks road bikes all the time. And those bikes have no motor or suspension at all. I paid less than $10000 for my KTM

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
I've got a 160 shaft on my desk to fit this weekend and will be interested to see what difference it makes.
E65671F7-A35B-40F8-8E1C-CBD7EB526808.jpeg

neils

Aug 28, 2018
Wokingham UK
Agreed the S-Works is over priced and not worth it. Maybe S-Works customers get a free lifetime warranty on all parts! :unsure::ROFLMAO:

I built up my own S-works equivalent Enduro in 2014, on an Expert frame which is FACT 11M, I may be wrong here but as far as I could tell when doing my checks the Enduro Expert frame was the same as the Enduro S-Works frame (both FACT 11M) but with a different paint job. I bought the frame and fork secondhand and all the rest, except the wheels, brand new online from Germany (cheaper back then). The whole build cost me £4k A new S-works at the time was around £7K+ !

My spec:
Enduro Expert frame (L) FACT 11M
Rockshox Pike RCT3 Fork 160mm
Shock: Fox X (kashima)
Wheels/Hubs: Roval Carbon Control SL (hubs roval dt swiss)
SRAM XX1 complete drive train
Renthal Carbon FAT LITE bars
Renthal Stem 50mm
Brakes: XTR 203/180
BB: Chris King PP30
Command Post IR
Pedals: DMR Vaults Mag Superlight

So yes the S-works are definitely overpriced!!

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
I built up my own S-works equivalent Enduro in 2014, on an Expert frame which is FACT 11M, I may be wrong here but as far as I could tell when doing my checks the Enduro Expert frame was the same as the Enduro S-Works frame (both FACT 11M) but with a different paint job. I bought the frame and fork secondhand and all the rest, except the wheels, brand new online from Germany (cheaper back then). The whole build cost me £4k A new S-works at the time was around £7K+ !

My spec:
Enduro Expert frame (L) FACT 11M
Rockshox Pike RCT3 Fork 160mm
Shock: Fox X (kashima)
Wheels/Hubs: Roval Carbon Control SL (hubs roval dt swiss)
SRAM XX1 complete drive train
Renthal Carbon FAT LITE bars
Renthal Stem 50mm
Brakes: XTR 203/180
BB: Chris King PP30
Command Post IR
Pedals: DMR Vaults Mag Superlight

So yes the S-works are definitely overpriced!!
9 out of 10 dentists will choose Sworks

Es worx, as werks

swerx!

BeBop

Jan 16, 2018
Euroland
Did they actually go to the trouble of designing the new frame to accept both the old and new motor? Or is Comp the old frame with old motor and 500Wh battery?
This is an interesting one.

They released a Carbon Levo for 2018. They would have invested a lot of money in the carbon moulds. It would seem odd to invest such a lot of money for a bike to only run a year.

There is a possibility that they will run both together, the 'Regular' 2019 Levo, the same as the 2018 but updated paint.

Then run the Expert and S-Works 'All New' 2019 with new motor and battery.

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
On the bright side, these ridiculous prices being bandied about are changing my perception of cheap...
Bulls-E-Core-EVO-EN-Di2-275.jpg

180mm Lyric forks, Fox Float shock, Di2, up to 750Wh battery (Twin 375Wh fitment, one supplied with the bike), under £6K...
https://justebikes.co.uk/product/bulls-e-core-evo-en-di2/
Hmmm... :unsure:
I know I really like that one too...

Kenevo for sale! Anybody want a Kenevo? I’ve got one for sale. Kenevo for sale!

Halcon

Apr 27, 2018
Texas
So what are the supposed price increases from the 2018 Expert and S-Works to the 2019?
In USD $ if possible. The current models are $7800 and $10,000 respectively.

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
So what are the supposed price increases from the 2018 Expert and S-Works to the 2019?
It’s going to be more, but you are getting more. So I think, we’ll I already know I just can’t say. Take the UK prices and convert them and maybe subtract 2% and I would say that those would be close, but I won’t say
I need to change from my real name on here

Last edited:

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
If the new Specialized ebikes model prices are going to where we all think they are going.... this is another option

Okay, you can’t get it until next year but for just over £5k this is looking like a no brainer now

Price wise
Motor wise
Spec wise

E9B7813B-81EF-43FA-8337-5222B449D748.jpeg

DaiGaled

Jul 9, 2018
Pencoed
What's up with the hump back frames from Haibike? They seems like nice enough bikes but they're always so ugly that I can't bring myself to consider one.
I thought that initially too. In the ‘flesh’ though they’re actually a good looking bike that photos don’t do justice. :)

neils

Aug 28, 2018
Wokingham UK
What's up with the hump back frames from Haibike? They seems like nice enough bikes but they're always so ugly that I can't bring myself to consider one.
If the new Specialized ebikes model prices are going to where we all think they are going.... this is another option

Okay, you can’t get it until next year but for just over £5k this is looking like a no brainer now

Price wise
Motor wise
Spec wise

View attachment 4905
Hopefully they've got rid of that horrid "Kind Shock LEV-DX" external cable routed dropper post they were using by 2019!

rmh1009

Aug 17, 2018
West Wales

jemen

E*POWAH Master
Jun 1, 2018
Austria
This is an interesting one.

They released a Carbon Levo for 2018. They would have invested a lot of money in the carbon moulds. It would seem odd to invest such a lot of money for a bike to only run a year.

There is a possibility that they will run both together, the 'Regular' 2019 Levo, the same as the 2018 but updated paint.

Then run the Expert and S-Works 'All New' 2019 with new motor and battery.
The "old" Comp Carbon will still be available.

paquo

Jul 31, 2018
usa

well google says 9500 euros equals $10,983, ouch, nice bike though

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles