Levo Gen 3 Levo Gen 4 2024 Rumours

oettam20

Mar 3, 2021
Lugano
Let's speculate about the timeline... When should it be released to the public? Generation 3 was introduced at the end of March 2021... and this one?

mustclime

Apr 19, 2023
New Jerzy
My lbs told me everything is on hold the the UL certification of their e bikes….. because of all the e bike fires in the news. There is also the CEO change up to think about.

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
I hear rumors there is no need to update the G3 since they already is on top of the game
Well they would say that wouldn't they?
laugh.gif

mustclime

Apr 19, 2023
New Jerzy
I think the certification issues are because of the voltage ........
No, it became of insurance. The insurance companies are starting to put in clauses in insurance policies about non UL approved “ appliance” fires. E bikes are considered electric appliances on home/ apartment owner policies…… at least that’s what the rep told the bike shop……again, just what I was told.

roccobarocco

Feb 26, 2020
Germany
Even if they release a Gen 4 Levo in 2024, I wouldn't buy it in its first year of release. I leave the beta testing to some one else....got burned in the past already with the Gen 3 Levo!

RickBullotta

Jun 5, 2019
USA
IMO this is all just a matter of inventory and component availability. Specialized and most manufacturers have to manage a complicated planning exercise to avoid sitting on excess old inventory (of bikes and components) and sourcing components for new models. It's certainly not due to any technological challenges and likely not due to certification challenges.

Ride 2d@y

Jul 12, 2023
Mexico
IMO this is all just a matter of inventory and component availability. Specialized and most manufacturers have to manage a complicated planning exercise to avoid sitting on excess old inventory (of bikes and components) and sourcing components for new models. It's certainly not due to any technological challenges and likely not due to certification challenges.
Yes most likely the situation - meanwhile I bought me a place holder w/ Link glide at least something new for me
Screenshot 2024-05-17 at 8.10.40 AM.png

mustclime

Apr 19, 2023
New Jerzy
I would kinda like to see a Kenevo replacement, if you follow what other companies are doing, the path is clear. Look to the new Orbea rise. Different battery options and different travel options with the same front triangle .Specialized just needs to develop a light front triangle that can take a duel crown fork. Then you design several rear triangles for different travel/ shock options. Why have 3-4 front triangle designs for e mtb’s( don’t forget that you need 3-5 different front triangles to cover the size range). I just hope they avoid headset cable routing.

oettam20

Mar 3, 2021
Lugano
I would kinda like to see a Kenevo replacement, if you follow what other companies are doing, the path is clear. Look to the new Orbea rise. Different battery options and different travel options with the same front triangle .Specialized just needs to develop a light front triangle that can take a duel crown fork. Then you design several rear triangles for different travel/ shock options. Why have 3-4 front triangle designs for e mtb’s( don’t forget that you need 3-5 different front triangles to cover the size range). I just hope they avoid headset cable routing.
The new Levo will probably be even more versatile than the current one. If they follow the market trend, it will be configurable as a trail bike or a full enduro rocket. This would be possible with options for Mullet or 29" wheels, two battery sizes, and geometry adjustment (like the Gen3). The advantage of adjustability is that they can merge two models (Levo and Kenevo) into one.

OZI

Jan 4, 2024
Portugal
The new Levo will probably be even more versatile than the current one. If they follow the market trend, it will be configurable as a trail bike or a full enduro rocket. This would be possible with options for Mullet or 29" wheels, two battery sizes, and geometry adjustment (like the Gen3). The advantage of adjustability is that they can merge two models (Levo and Kenevo) into one.
That would be perfect ;)

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I dont see any way you merge a long 180/170 bike with 160/150 bike...........adjustable geo will not cut it. On a long travel slack head angle bike the head tube comes under enormous stress and needs to be much stronger and preferably longer with a stronger bond to the top tube/down tube junction. Most brands stick to the various classification of uses and a class 5 is pretty much overkill for most trail/alllmountain/enduro type riding.

Polar

Jun 16, 2023
Norway
.....................no brakes then..but look at that lovely clean cockpit which everyone prefers over the ability to stop the bike :ROFLMAO:
Yepp cockpit clean and powerful ABS brakes just like todays EVs...and a couple of years later breaking is done with a integrated brain chip thanks to Elon Musk.

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Yepp cockpit clean and powerful ABS brakes just like todays EVs...and a couple of years later breaking is done with a integrated brain chip thanks to Elon Musk.
ah...EV brakes...the type that come on without the driver doing anything................or dont work when the driver does :LOL:

mustclime

Apr 19, 2023
New Jerzy
Head set cables are a deal breaker for me. I also have no interest in auto shifting. Cheep replacement drivetrain parts FTW. I would also prefer external rear brake line runs for easy rear brake replacement at the bike park.

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
At least it's a clean cockpit which (almost) everyone want
...not something that bothers me. I tend to be looking at the trail rather than the bars. As long as they dont break I dont mind what they look like. Function over form!!

mustclime

Apr 19, 2023
New Jerzy
I dont see any way you merge a long 180/170 bike with 160/150 bike...........adjustable geo will not cut it. On a long travel slack head angle bike the head tube comes under enormous stress and needs to be much stronger and preferably longer with a stronger bond to the top tube/down tube junction. Most brands stick to the various classification of uses and a class 5 is pretty much overkill for most trail/alllmountain/enduro type riding.
Just an fyi, look at the transition Patrol and Spire, they have the same front triangle. The Patrol is 160/160 mullet, the Spire is 170/170 and 29er. The Patrol has a 205x60 shock and the Spire has a 205x65 shock. They also have the light weight e bike Relay and the PNW Relay , one has 160/160 and the other has 170/170. They just change the fork and the shock. There is no reason the new Levo can not do the same.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles