*Fitted* - Mudhugger Evo bolt on front mudguard for ZEB

Scuff

Nov 18, 2020
Northampton
For those of you with ZEBs, here is the new MudHugger Evo front mudguard. It fits well and is secure. I would advise anyone fitting one to be very careful to make sure that you do not cross-thread the fixing screws.
On the back is a ProGuard front mudguard modded to fit the rear.

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
For those of you with ZEBs, here is the new MudHugger Evo front mudguard. It fits well and is secure. I would advise anyone fitting one to be very careful to make sure that you do not cross-thread the fixing screws.

That looks neat Just a hint if the black protection tape you’ve used is gaffa tape Gorilla tape etc, don’t leave it on too long , I had some pull the paint off my frame and the adhesive is hell to get off . Normal insulating tape works better I think

Mabman

Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
I live in a wet climate and those would still result in a wet ass arese and mud in my eyes. I find that alot of water and crap is flung up and back from the front side of the front tire which is really hard to prevent admittedly and why eye protection is a must.

Kernow

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
I live in a wet climate and those would still result in a wet ass arese and mud in my eyes. I find that alot of water and crap is flung up and back from the front side of the front tire which is really hard to prevent admittedly and why eye protection is a must.
It’s extremely wet here as well Crud xl fender or a proguard max on front will keep it out of your eyes , there are photos on other recent threads

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Nice, did mine the other day - haven't used it yet

Mabman

Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
It’s extremely wet here as well Crud xl fender or a proguard max on front will keep it out of your eyes , there are photos on other recent threads

At trail speed, which in my case is half fast, anything is better than nothing I suppose. The problem I have is even the short bit of raod I have to ride to the locals at as fast as I can go to get off it soonest the spray from the front of the front tire has already wetted down my eyeware but there is no escaping that unless you had some ugly flapper out there.

That Crud XL fender looks the best of all options however. I'm a cheap arse and just use some 3" wide sheet poly zip tied to the down tube full length. Ugly but I find it to be the most effective for trail speeds and live with the road stuff.

sqzer

Aug 23, 2021
Slovakia

Hello Scuff, do you think RRP Proguard max will also fit on rear to have better coverage? (got good deal for buy max version, just thinking if it fits properly and cover dropper stanchion as well).
Mudhugger on front works better than RRP proguard?

Your rail looks neat, usually when you see bike with fenders it looks ugly but this is stylish and functional.

Healy

Oct 4, 2020
Forest of dean
For extra bits of protection and for the mudgaurd on the rear I use wiring harness tape. Works a treat and is cheap. £6 2 rolls off Amazon

RoyRoy

Sep 9, 2021
Australia

Hey mate, what was the reason to go pro guard on the rear over a front Mudhugge?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles