Zeb Ultimate or Fox 38 Performance Elite for Rail 9.8XT

datonetti

Jun 9, 2020
Lodi, ca 95240
Ive been waiting on a ZEB Ultimate for over 3 months from my LBS, I know they are available online but my LBS hookup is worth the wait, seems SRAM prioritizes the large online shops. Apparently my LBS can get the Fox 38 PE in about 2 weeks. I like my current Lyrik and the ease of service and set up, but want and need a stiffer fork chassis. The Fox 38 looks more involved to perform service. Any opinions are welcome. Pricing does not matter, I get a healthy discount either way. I am a fit 6'1" 225lb MX rider.

Last edited:

Richiefromboston

Mar 15, 2021
Boston, Ma. USA
I have zeb ultimate and may want to swap in a fox too, but i do NOT want to F^%$ up the setup as it stands now, granted Ive had the bike a month and changed from XT to XTR all across the board 4 piston XTR race face next 311 carbon hoops next carbon bars axs dropper revolution grips and pro series stem and Schwable big Betty's but other than I dont want to mess with it lol. oh yea 21 fox DHX2 is inbound BUT SERIOUSLY I DO WANT TO RUN A FOX FORK. Just dont know which one and if 170mm will F the geometry up

Smittylube

May 14, 2021
Santa Cruz
I have the ultimate in 170 and for me it is excellent. I don’t know where you are but you can check out mine anytime. I hopped on a bike in the lbs with this fork and could tell right then it was excellent.

Smittylube

May 14, 2021
Santa Cruz
My experience with fox is you won’t be disappointed either choice.
one thing I really like about the Zeb is how stiff the shock chassis is. Noticeable for sure, does it make me faster? Probably not. For me I have about 1000% more confidence down steeper tech or steeper in general than I have had on any bike previously. I would expect the same results from Fox. Just an even better experience overall. For me Zeb was roughly $300 less than the fox.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles