Replacement ZEB Fork For Rail

Esef

Dec 29, 2021
Czech Republic
Hi, kinda refresh of the topic. I have a Rail 9 with Zeb Select+ and Slash 8 with Lyric Select+. Im playing with the possibility to exchange Zeb for Lyric in between bikes before I sell my Rail. Have someone tried to put this e-mtb specific Zeb to another frame than rail?

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Great marketing strategy (eMTB Ready, eMTB specific, eMTB “something”).
But what if it didn’t have that sticker on that fork or shock or cassette etc. Does the manufacturer just slap a sticker on and that makes it eMTB approved. Without testing. Without claim.
I tend to think that a manufacturer has tested their product before they make a claim (any kind of claim). What could happened to a manufacturer if they make an incorrect claim? Is it a marketing strategy? …possibly. Did they up the price? …maybe. Was there additional cost to the manufacturer in order to make that claim?…maybe.
So there are two identical forks on the shelf. One is eMTB approved and the other isn’t. The eMTB approved one is more money. Which one do you want for your eMTB? Would the serial numbers, on the fork, qualify or disqualify your claim for any warranty.
As a consumer I get to make an educated choice. I can’t wait for the eMTB approved grips.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Will you take £19 for the decal?😉
I’ve been researching some fork upgrades for the Trek Rail. I’ve scratched-dented-scored my upgraded Lyric fork and I know it’s gonna fail pretty soon. I might be able to salvage the fork …but not for the Rail.

The new Zeb Ultimate has caught my eye. I priced out one through Trek, which has an exclusive through Sram, that fits the larger diameter of the steering tube. (I know, there’s no difference in preformance , but aesthetically to me…it matters. And it comes with Buttercups (oooooh!) but it’s friggen expensive. But it’s eMTB approved. But it’s friggen expensive. Maybe if I poke myself in the eye before I go into the LBS I’ll get a bit of a discount.😳

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Will you take £19 for the decal?😉
I’ve been researching some fork upgrades for the Trek Rail. I’ve scratched-dented-scored my upgraded Lyric fork and I know it’s gonna fail pretty soon. I might be able to salvage the fork …but not for the Rail.

The new Zeb Ultimate has caught my eye. I priced out one through Trek, which has an exclusive through Sram, that fits the larger diameter of the steering tube. (I know, there’s no difference in preformance , but aesthetically to me…it matters. And it comes with Buttercups (oooooh!) but it’s friggen expensive. But it’s eMTB approved. But it’s friggen expensive. Maybe if I poke myself in the eye before I go into the LBS I’ll get a bit of a discount.😳

The more expensive the fork the more expensive the decal, so since it's a Zeb it's £22 to you x

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles