Rail rear mudguard

Yoak

Apr 5, 2020
Norway
Has anyone tried the SKS MUDROCKER REAR? Looks likes like it could be a decent setup.
I recently got this one on a sale. Long and ugly, but it’s so wet around here now that I prefer that to a soaking bum and back😬. It attach and fit nicely to the frame, but it’s a bit short at the other end so it doesn’t cover the “hole” between chainstay and frame.
It really protects myself pretty well though and I’m happy with it. It does make a bit of clacking noise when hitting rowdy trails though

idunne

Sep 19, 2022
merseyside liverpool
MuddHugger on the front. MuckyNuttz on the rear (slightly modified). About an inch of fender was removed near the pivot in order to fit properly. I mainly wanted to protect the lower pivot. I still get a stripe up my back and Fanny pac but the dropper is mostly clean. I like the idea of rubber mastic for frame protection.
There is a guy who is 3D printing a small pivot protector in here too. Looks interesting.

View attachment 55148

View attachment 55149

View attachment 55150

View attachment 55151

View attachment 55152
whats that bar thing that attachers to your park bike stand

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
whats that bar thing that attachers to your park bike stand
I have a carbon frame so the stand clamp alone could crush the frame. The bar thingy is a car carrier support (Saris). I just use it to hold the bike in the work stand. Actually, my bike lives here for regular maintenance, tires etc. I think it helps distribute the weight of the bike to the stem and dropper post evenly. It helps if you have the room or space to leave it like this.

When I installed the AXS reverb dropper I had to make sure that the bar clamp was positioned directly under the battery holder.
518D50BF-46C7-4589-9A92-699A008F47AC.jpeg

BCRDR

Oct 30, 2022
Vancouver Island
The rear fender serves a number issues for me. I’ve continued to use the modified monkey nutz rear fender to prevent some mud on my back, debris on the dropper post and a keeping perfectly sized rock out of the pivot area. So far so good. Occasionally I get a rear tire buzz (6 times since install) but I just smack it with my hand and it stops.
I have removed the front fender though for looks. View attachment 97739
View attachment 97740
I’ve installed this exact same setup on several other Rails and the riders like this kind of protection. Modifying the fender to fit properly is key. Protecting the frame is also important.
There are a number of different fenders/pivot protection, but this method works for us.
I personally like the look now which is why I removed the front fender and kept the rear fender only. Only once I took a rock to my face from the front wheel, but I wear riding glasses.
Which pedals are you running? They appear magnetic.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Which pedals are you running? They appear magnetic.
Yes they are. (Avery Hustle). I was using Magped’s but decided to give these a try. The Avery Hustle have a pivoting magnet which seems a little more “foot-friendly”. I’ve switched both my bikes to magnetic peddles (mostly for medical reasons) and they seem to be the best of flats or clipless combined …for me anyways. They’re not for everyone though. In the past I always used clipless.

Last edited:

BCRDR

Oct 30, 2022
Vancouver Island
Yes they are. (Avery Hustle). I was using Magped’s but decided to give these a try. The Avery Hustle have a pivoting magnet which seems a little more “foot-friendly”. I’ve switched both my bikes to magnetic peddles (mostly for medical reasons) and they seem to be the best of flats or clipless combined …for me anyways. They’re not for everyone though. In the past I always used clipless.
Thanks for the info, I ride clipless at this time although the magped's look like an interesting option.

GIORIDER

Oct 30, 2022
USA
Hey guys I printed these from thingyverse with some old TPU I had laying around. Which looks better? Neither is perfect but I would like to use one of them.
20221208_074209_HDR.jpg
20221208_095159.jpg 20221208_095059.jpg

RolfRapRap

Mar 27, 2023
Switzerland
For anyone with access to a 3D printer, check out this website for a downloadable file to make your own pivot guard protector: Printables. The designer is happy to give away the files for free and you can make a donation if you wish.
I've had to remove the 3D Print files after someone started to sell prints based on this design, even he accepted the Non-Commercial License when downloading - pleas reach out, if you are interested

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles