DIY Bike Build: A Step-by-Step Guide to Assembling a Dengfu E55

Ksem07

Mar 2, 2024
Belgium
Hello everyone!

I am excited to share with you my project of building a Dengfu E55 from scratch. This is my first build, so I have done some research, but I still have some doubts and uncertainties. I don’t know what to expect, and I want to learn from your experience and advice.

My frame is on its way, and I want to make sure I have everything I need to start assembling it as soon as it arrives. I have a garage full of basic tools, but are there any specific tools I would need for this bike? How about grease/lubrication, which one should I use? What are some common mistakes or challenges that I should avoid or prepare for?

I have attached my build list below, and I would appreciate any feedback or suggestions. I am on a budget, so I tried to find the best parts for the best price. Also, if you have any general tips and tricks for building a bike, please share them with me. I want to be as prepared as possible.

Thank you for your help and support!

Edit: I’ve read TQFreak’s build thread on the E55, and it was extremely helpful. It guided me a lot during my research. As I’m building a E-bike for the first time, I want to create a guide that focuses on the challenges beginners might face. My intention is to prepare those who are new to this by sharing the issues I encounter. This way, I hope to make the journey easier for anyone who decides to make their own E-bike.

Dengfupic.PNG

Attachments

• Dengfu.pdf
    66.4 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

Ksem07

Mar 2, 2024
Belgium
I’m thrilled to share that my bike frame is on its way and should be with me in just two weeks! To kick things off, I’ve crafted some designs in Photoshop to envision the final look of the bike. Additionally, i will also try to capture the spray painting process step-by-step, so that others can try to learn from it.

I have all my current designs uploaded on Imgur.
Down below are my most preferred designs.

What do you guys think?

dengfu 1.jpg
dengfu 6.jpg
dengfu 8.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles