Dengfu E55 (Emtb) and E56 (Fat Bike) - New selection of DIY frame

Vinsanity

Jan 8, 2024
US
One other item for TCFreak, would you have any interest in building a custom battery for the e-06. Looking to modify the battery case and have more cells poking out of the frame. The pictures show that there is 1-1/4” of clearance when the fork is fully collapsed.

IMG_1978.jpeg IMG_1980.jpeg

Vinsanity

Jan 8, 2024
US
One other thing for TCFreak, would you have any interest in building a custom battery for the e-06.

You can see from the pictures there is about 1-1/4” clearance from the front tire when the suspension is fully collapsed.

I was thinking could add more cells that protrude outside of the frame.

Thoughts?

IMG_1978.jpeg IMG_1980.jpeg

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland
Now it's E55, and E56 has promotional activities. In addition to placing orders on our winicebikes.com, promotional products can also be placed in our store. Currently, there are overseas warehouses in the United States that can be shipped directly with free shipping within 3 days. In Europe, a shipping fee of $400 can also be paid from China based on $2899, and shipping for 50-60 days is a must. Next year, we plan to also set up overseas warehouses in the European Union.
@Ben Rides

Any idea when the EU warehouse could be up and running?

Thinking about ordering so would be nice to know!

Also any idea when those colours would be available?

Neeko DeVinchi

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 31, 2020
UK
@Neeko DeVinchi
could you explain what you mean with that fork thing? Some forks are okey others aren't? Thinking about ordering one, any tips welcome!
Do you mean 'fork ofset' or 'fork travel'
Either way, the link below will probably explain it better👇🏿

Currently, I'm using a 44mm offset 170mm Zeb on my E55. But originally, I did use a 51mm offset lyrik 180mm fork👍🏿

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland
Do you mean 'fork ofset' or 'fork travel'
Either way, the link below will probably explain it better👇🏿

Currently, I'm using a 44mm offset 170mm Zeb on my E55. But originally, I did use a 51mm offset lyrik 180mm fork👍🏿
No. At your video about 2:25 forward I think you are talking about "is it possible to run newer style (some numbers maybe 1/8 or 5/8) fork and answer is no."

I'm 180cm/5ft10inch maybe, do you think M 17" or L 19" frame is better for me?

Any suggestions for a fork, shock, dropper or wheels? Sadly chain reaction cycles only sell in UK but I think H&S Bike-Discount GmbH is cheapest for me (Finland).

I think I need these for the shock (Shock Bushings | Dengfu E55).

Thinking about getting the frame kit set from Winicebikes.com. Can't find it cheaper anywhere else. Postage/VAT is costly since they don't have EU warehouse yet.

Neeko DeVinchi

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 31, 2020
UK
No. At your video about 2:25 forward I think you are talking about "is it possible to run newer style (some numbers maybe 1/8 or 5/8) fork and answer is no."

I'm 180cm/5ft10inch maybe, do you think M 17" or L 19" frame is better for me?

Any suggestions for a fork, shock, dropper or wheels? Sadly chain reaction cycles only sell in UK but I think H&S Bike-Discount GmbH is cheapest for me (Finland).

I think I need these for the shock (Shock Bushings | Dengfu E55).

Thinking about getting the frame kit set from Winicebikes.com. Can't find it cheaper anywhere else. Postage/VAT is costly since they don't have EU warehouse yet.
Oh. You mean the 1.5 tapered fork or 1.8 supertapered fork.
Basically, the E55 is designed for the more common 1.5 tapered fork. Some ebike frames which use headset cable routing can use the newer 1.8 tapered steerer fork which is somewhat ebike specific.

Offset Bushings make shock bushings for all Dengfu ebikes.

Have you tried ebay? Look for the seller Carbon Cycle

At your height, you're in between the medium and large. Personally, i usually size up. Its easier to shrink a big bike, compared to lengthening a smaller bike. But you may prefer the medium, as the reach and stack height may be to your liking👍🏿

Vinsanity

Jan 8, 2024
US
In my opinion the medium e56 frame runs a little small so recommend upsize. I usually go for size small frames and the 17” is somewhere between small & medium. Lastly I really like the frame layout, it’s a great design in my opinion.

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland
Oh. You mean the 1.5 tapered fork or 1.8 supertapered fork.
Basically, the E55 is designed for the more common 1.5 tapered fork. Some ebike frames which use headset cable routing can use the newer 1.8 tapered steerer fork which is somewhat ebike specific.

Offset Bushings make shock bushings for all Dengfu ebikes.

Have you tried ebay? Look for the seller Carbon Cycle

At your height, you're in between the medium and large. Personally, i usually size up. Its easier to shrink a big bike, compared to lengthening a smaller bike. But you may prefer the medium, as the reach and stack height may be to your liking👍🏿
Ah you were talking about that. Thank you for the clarification.

Yeah I browsed ebay as well but winnice/dengfu seems to be cheapest.

Okey thanks for the tips!

If anyone else has suggestions for parts I'm all ears!

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland
In my opinion the medium e56 frame runs a little small so recommend upsize. I usually go for size small frames and the 17” is somewhere between small & medium. Lastly I really like the frame layout, it’s a great design in my opinion.
You think the E56 has the same properties as E55?

I'm going for E55 not E56.

ilikeemfat

Sep 12, 2023
Leadville, Co
Would you mind telling us about your winter changes to your two bikes?

So you overstroked the frame to 162.5mm of travel (65mm*2.5?), without any other adjustments like offset bushings?

So with those "special" headsets, there is no way to use a Works angle or reach adjust headset , right?
Yep, I put 65mm travel shocks in there mainly because I found a great deal on some! Flexed it thru it's range and no interferences at all. I pulled out all the volume reducers from the shock, have yet to bottom it out yet tho.

The winter changes! ... It's a big difference around here when the snows on the ground for these 6 months! All the baby heads/ruts/roots all go away under 6 feet of snow so there is no need for as much travel. Also it was impossible even for me at 6 foot tall to stand over the 19", my feet sank in the snow and you just fall over unless you jump off!

So on both bikes I lowered the AC height in the Wren forks by 30mm and went from 150mm to 120mm travel. I put in cheap DNM coil shocks just because I hate how much temperature affects spring rate on air shocks in the winter. On my wife's 17" frame I replaced the 230x65 fox air shock and 50mm connecting rod with a 90mm connecting rod and a 165x35mm shock. I also put her back on the johnny 5 tires. All that dropped her seat down a little over 2.5 inches.

On my 19", I replaced the 230x65mm/50mm connecting rod combo with a 190x50/70mm combo. Changed the tires from 27.5x3.8 Minions to some 27.5x4.3 studded Yippie Ki Yay's. I also replaced the Uding dropper with a One Up dropper. This all resulted in about a 2" drop on my seat as well.
We absolutely love the results... The confidence you get on the fast squirrely sections by being able to put a foot down when needed is huge! The DNM shocks are what they are... semi pogostickey but I'm running everything pretty stiff and the trails are so flowy I kinda like the pop I get from them 😁.

I think my wife would benefit from a slightly steeper head tube angle for when we're poking along axle deep. I will machine some offset steer tube bushings and pull a couple degrees out for her, I'll post the results when I do that!
Happy winter shredding!!

ilikeemfat

Sep 12, 2023
Leadville, Co
One other thing for TCFreak, would you have any interest in building a custom battery for the e-06.

You can see from the pictures there is about 1-1/4” clearance from the front tire when the suspension is fully collapsed.

I was thinking could add more cells that protrude outside of the frame.

Thoughts?

View attachment 132136 View attachment 132137
I noticed the same thing!!!! I think the dream way to go about it would be to stuff ~500wh permanently built into the frame behind the battery and build a 1.5Kwh pack that sticks out like you mentioned... That way you could have a lightweight setup for ripping/storage and pop in the pack for the long haul with !!!2KWH!!! ...can't say it's made it to my project list quite yet tho.

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland
I'm considering if the m620 motor is wrong choice. Maybe the M560 should be the way to go. Does the motors have same mounting points and do they both fit the E55 frame?

Ben Rides

Dengfu
Sep 6, 2021
china
I'm considering if the m620 motor is wrong choice. Maybe the M560 should be the way to go. Does the motors have same mounting points and do they both fit the E55 frame?
E55 can only install M620 motor and cannot install M560; Suitable frames for M560 include E10 or the latest E82.

Ben Rides

Dengfu
Sep 6, 2021
china
Thank you for the info! Do you sell E10 oe E82 frames as well? How about the M560 motor? I couldn't see them on your website Dengfu.
We sell E10 and E82; E82 currently only has 17 "in stock, and M560 currently only has 500W motors from Bafang. We have not purchased them, so you can place an order if you want. We will be on vacation the day after tomorrow, and we will not be able to arrange painting for finished products in stock until February 19th.

Sayonara

Jan 21, 2024
Finland
We sell E10 and E82; E82 currently only has 17 "in stock, and M560 currently only has 500W motors from Bafang. We have not purchased them, so you can place an order if you want. We will be on vacation the day after tomorrow, and we will not be able to arrange painting for finished products in stock until February 19th.
Okey cool.

Do you have plans for the 19" frame as well? If so any info when it would be available.

Who should I contact about E82 frame+battery set? I live in Europe.

Since I can't find them in your website.

Any info when the Europe warehouse is opening?

Thank you!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles