Dengfu E55 (Emtb) and E56 (Fat Bike) - New selection of DIY frame

J. Dub

May 18, 2023
Arkansas
Some people get very excited about headset cable routing .
For eg the Pink Bike comments section generally is not pro headset routing .
Why? I am new to bicycles. I see that in the headset seems cleaner and looks nicer (for someone like me that is OCD) but why do others not like it?

J. Dub

May 18, 2023
Arkansas
I am about to pre-order one of these Winice bikes unless someone talks me out of it! Compared to a luna z1 the price is nice but the shocks aren't as good but I can live with that. Of course the m630 and internal Bafang gear hub is on the horizon but this will be my dream bike for now. Is dengfu basically opening a US warehouse and selling whole bikes under Winice, or is this a scam and I'm throwing away my preorder deposit money? Appreciate your insight!
@firstlight Did you order? If so, what was your total $ and did you receive it yet?

J. Dub

May 18, 2023
Arkansas
This is certainly not a scam, it's just that the delivery time for this batch of goods from the overseas warehouse in the United States has not been determined yet, so we didn't officially post a promotion, just prepared the website for the overseas warehouse products in advance. If you are a user in the United States or have channels to pick up goods in the United States, I will recommend you to place an order for procurement. Because the configuration of this batch of goods may not be very good, but they are really cheap. Compared to our usual direct orders to the United States, we almost waive all shipping costs. A discount of no less than $500.
what is the difference between the professional e55 we can order from dengfu and the winice USA option from winince website? I see the price is more expensive for the professional version from dengfu website. Are the components that much better?

Neeko DeVinchi

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Dec 31, 2020
UK
I've shared these exact pics on the E22 frame thread (saves members jumping back and forth between both to see). But
20230819_134341.jpg

here is what the two look like side by side. I'll take better pics once the weather gets better.
20230819_134627.jpg

I've lost count as to everyone who's pm'd me about the differences between the two so apologies if I haven't had an opportunity to respond to each of you individually. But as I've mentioned, its early days for me to say which one I prefer overall.
20230819_134610.jpg

One thing's for sure, I'm not getting rid of the E22 because the E55 is out. They are BOTH fantastic bikes. Different in ways (more reflecting the times in terms of geometry). But the astute among you will recall that the E22 is running an angle headset. Essentially, both are capable of the same headtube angle (E22 with 2° & E55 without) with the same fork travel. However, the seat tube angle is steeper on the E55.

But I digress, give me a couple of weeks to compile my thoughts as to overall thoughts and opinions and I'll happily share my findings.......Its a good thing I've got Eggrider displays on both for data acquisition✌🏿

ilikeemfat

Sep 12, 2023
Leadville, Co
The wait is worth it! Ive referenced this thread a few times as I was ordering parts, time to chime in! I completed his/hers 19"/17" 52v E56 builds a few weeks ago for my wife and I. Our first E bikes and our first modern geo bikes. Its the most fun I've had on dirt.

IMG_20230901_132853004_HDR.jpg
We live in the mountains of Colorado and have atv's and a side by side. In the technical and big bumpy stuff these E56's are way faster and smoother than either! We are both running 230x65 rear shocks on 50mm connecting rods. I'm running some 27.5x3.8's on 70mm rims. I had my wife on 26x5's on 80mm rims but standover was too high for her and changed to 4". E56 rear triangle will run 5" rubber if you space the chainring out about 4mm to keep the chain from hitting the tire, the triangle itself has roooooom to spare at all travel positions. I also bought the 70mm and 90mm connecting rods so I can play around with ride height/travel for winter mode.

The frames are solid! The only thing I can complain about is the CAN motor programing (I know I know I know, the internet warned me plenty). When I placed the order Dengfu only had 1 UART motor in stock and it was the 48v version. I figured newer revision motors and 52v rated has to be the better option. Also figured someone has to be close to cracking the CAN code on these m620's by now... Guess not :(. The motor is way too strong on onset, it provides too much power in level 1, the power continues for at least a second when you stop pedaling, and goes into SUPER LIMP mode at 27% (49v) SOC.

I am getting used to the power onset/offset and high level 1 but the limp mode is waaaay too extreme and in my opinion waaaay too early on the battery level. It doesn't even provide enough power to offset the machines own weight and cannot make it up most hills. We bought an extra battery and did a 50 mile, 7000 elevation gain round trip alongside friends on a side by side. When my wife and I were at indicated 50% SOC I swapped her battery to the 100% one with the intention of me swapping to her 50% one when mine was fully depleted. But that limp mode really had different plans for me! Luckily my wife made it to the driveway with 28% indicated SOC and never got to experience it but I ended up working my ass off to keep up and made it to the driveway with 2 batteries at 13% charge.

Does this sound normal to anyone with a CAN setup programed from Dengfu? I also noticed the controller says battery capacity is 19ah while the battery tag says 20ah. Did they maybe upload mismatched firmware on me? On flat ground I suppose the limp mode is tolerable but in the mountains I only have a 700wh battery that's got the weight of a Kwh!

Thanks to everyone for all their posts on these frames, they are an absolute blast to shred!!!! Any questions and I would be happy to help, good luck with your builds!

Makaany

Aug 8, 2023
Poland
i ordered two DengFu E55 17" e-bikes from winicebikes.com with shipping to europe, they have to build the new bikes and ship directly from china, shipping time will be around 50-60 days - i hope it will be less than that, US customers enjoy faster delivery times and free shipping from a US warehouse, i'm very jealous

Mabman

Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
I have a UART 52v M620 that also will work with a 48v battery I have. Both made with high grade 2170 cells. Hot off the charger for sure they exhibit great power but at around 30% they start to run down fast. Upping the assist level just makes them deplete even faster and it is best to be on the way home and close at that if any uphill involved I have found.

Voltage does fluctuate a bit as you get close to the LVC which is very noticeable after having so much power on tap previously at higher volts. I don't think there is anything in the programming that can assist voltage sag other than the % that the torque assist is set to in each of the 9 available modes. That goes back to the first paragraph?

I deal with it by knowing now what I can expect from the bike and not overreaching it's boundries. I can go as fast as I want to hang onto the handlebars on my locals for 20 miles or drop to scenic mode and go 30. Trick is to not go into LVC very often if ever and charge at a low rate in a proper environment. I always top off charge and don't subscribe to the 80% charge btw and never lost a battery to failure other than allowing 2 to drop below LVC during prolonged storage without attention.

Of course YMMV but the M620 is a big motor and needs is eats whereas the lesser EU/US "250w" restricted motors can be more frugal, but as fun?

Ben Rides

Dengfu
Sep 6, 2021
china
i ordered two DengFu E55 17" e-bikes from winicebikes.com with shipping to europe, they have to build the new bikes and ship directly from china, shipping time will be around 50-60 days - i hope it will be less than that, US customers enjoy faster delivery times and free shipping from a US warehouse, i'm very jealous
Now it's E55, and E56 has promotional activities. In addition to placing orders on our winicebikes.com, promotional products can also be placed in our store. Currently, there are overseas warehouses in the United States that can be shipped directly with free shipping within 3 days. In Europe, a shipping fee of $400 can also be paid from China based on $2899, and shipping for 50-60 days is a must. Next year, we plan to also set up overseas warehouses in the European Union.

ilikeemfat

Sep 12, 2023
Leadville, Co
I have a UART 52v M620 that also will work with a 48v battery I have. Both made with high grade 2170 cells. Hot off the charger for sure they exhibit great power but at around 30% they start to run down fast. Upping the assist level just makes them deplete even faster and it is best to be on the way home and close at that if any uphill involved I have found.

Voltage does fluctuate a bit as you get close to the LVC which is very noticeable after having so much power on tap previously at higher volts. I don't think there is anything in the programming that can assist voltage sag other than the % that the torque assist is set to in each of the 9 available modes. That goes back to the first paragraph?

I deal with it by knowing now what I can expect from the bike and not overreaching it's boundries. I can go as fast as I want to hang onto the handlebars on my locals for 20 miles or drop to scenic mode and go 30. Trick is to not go into LVC very often if ever and charge at a low rate in a proper environment. I always top off charge and don't subscribe to the 80% charge btw and never lost a battery to failure other than allowing 2 to drop below LVC during prolonged storage without attention.

Of course YMMV but the M620 is a big motor and needs is eats whereas the lesser EU/US "250w" restricted motors can be more frugal, but as fun?
Wow! My system would be an absolute TURD on a 48v pack. Your control must be waaaay less conservative than mine. So what cell voltage do you consider 30% to be at? My controller indicates 27% SOC and massively throttles at a static cell voltage of 3.5v.
IMG_20230909_141706024_HDR.jpg

I have not cracked open my reention 52v battery to see the exact cells they use but to have 20ah 1040 rated 14s4p I'd assume it's equivalent to if not exactly Samsung 50e's. And a quick Google of their capacity comes up with these charts.
Screenshot_20230920-101401.png

I have not looked at the cell voltage screen while riding and being throttled but the overall SOC when set to display voltage shows to 47ish under load (I'm assuming at the motor input) So even if the actual cell voltage is down at 3.35ish we are still in the linear regime of the cell and see no reason to limit current to turd mode of I'm guessing less than 10a at the motor (2.5a on each cell).
Is this the first case in history of something from China being rated toooo conservative? 😝

mjcother

Dec 15, 2022
Dunedin, FL 34698
Now it's E55, and E56 has promotional activities. In addition to placing orders on our winicebikes.com, promotional products can also be placed in our store. Currently, there are overseas warehouses in the United States that can be shipped directly with free shipping within 3 days. In Europe, a shipping fee of $400 can also be paid from China based on $2899, and shipping for 50-60 days is a must. Next year, we plan to also set up overseas warehouses in the European Union.
I just ordered a E56 complete bike from the winice site, as they only had one in stock of what I wanted(17 no logo), if I like it I will buy a matching one when back in stock.

mjcother

Dec 15, 2022
Dunedin, FL 34698
I just ordered a E56 complete bike from the winice site, as they only had one in stock of what I wanted(17 no logo), if I like it I will buy a matching one when back in stock.
I received the E56 yesterday, very happy. I am happy with the eco and sport pedal assist levels, probably could benefit from fine tuning, but not nearly as bad as what I thought it might be reading some posts. Ordered the last 17" they had in stock so we have a pair..

Neeko DeVinchi

Dec 31, 2020
UK
I've only just discovered this😮

El Topo

Jul 23, 2022
Germany, Bavaria
I had my wife on 26x5's on 80mm rims but standover was too high for her and changed to 4". E56 rear triangle will run 5" rubber if you space the chainring out about 4mm to keep the chain from hitting the tire, the triangle itself has roooooom to spare at all travel positions. I also bought the 70mm and 90mm connecting rods so I can play around with ride height/travel for winter mode.
Thanks for the report.
I assume your wife has a 17" frame - what is her inseam, that she can't run 26x5 (which tire actually, a 4.8"?), I got shorter legs myselfand am now a bit worried for myself... :-/

@Ben Rides Would you consider releasing a M500/600 version of those frames? There are people like me, that are looking for lighter weight fat bike options, that still offer a modern geometry.

Ben Rides

Dengfu
Sep 6, 2021
china
Thanks for the report.
I assume your wife has a 17" frame - what is her inseam, that she can't run 26x5 (which tire actually, a 4.8"?), I got shorter legs myselfand am now a bit worried for myself... :-/

@Ben Rides Would you consider releasing a M500/600 version of those frames? There are people like me, that are looking for lighter weight fat bike options, that still offer a modern geometry.
At present, we do not have such a product, but some customers have replaced the E10 with the E23 rear triangle to create a snowmobile, which has also been displayed on Facebook.

El Topo

Jul 23, 2022
Germany, Bavaria
At present, we do not have such a product, but some customers have replaced the E10 with the E23 rear triangle to create a snowmobile, which has also been displayed on Facebook.
Thanks for the reply. I have asked about that combination a year ago via Email to Dengfu, but was told it would not work. I now see others are already running that setup.
Is there a chance the new E82 frame and the E56 rear triangle will be compatible? I read about the E82 being the successor to the E10.

ilikeemfat

Sep 12, 2023
Leadville, Co
Thanks for the report.

Yep, she has the 17" frame. She has a ~29" inseam. The tires were Terrene Johnny 5's... Actual lug to lug width on 80mm rims measures at 4.7". I bet if I put a quality dropper post on that didn't have such a tall stack height when fully dropped I could have found the .5- .75" she needed.
I will be "winterizing" our rigs this weekend and will put those tires back on with a different shock/connecting rod combo to drop the BB and travel for the winter. I will post how it turns out!

El Topo

Jul 23, 2022
Germany, Bavaria
Yep, she has the 17" frame. She has a ~29" inseam. The tires were Terrene Johnny 5's... Actual lug to lug width on 80mm rims measures at 4.7". I bet if I put a quality dropper post on that didn't have such a tall stack height when fully dropped I could have found the .5- .75" she needed.
I will be "winterizing" our rigs this weekend and will put those tires back on with a different shock/connecting rod combo to drop the BB and travel for the winter. I will post how it turns out!
Thanks for the reply, that is reassuring, I got 5cm more inseam than your wife, so every tire should work for me.
Please keep us updated, there are so few Bafang driven fat bike riders sharing their setups, everything is welcome! :)

El Topo

Jul 23, 2022
Germany, Bavaria
Would you mind telling us about your winter changes to your two bikes?

We are both running 230x65 rear shocks on 50mm connecting rods.
So you overstroked the frame to 162.5mm of travel (65mm*2.5?), without any other adjustments like offset bushings?

They appear to be exciting from the headset.

So with those "special" headsets, there is no way to use a Works angle or reach adjust headset , right?

Last edited:

Vinsanity

Jan 8, 2024
US
Hello,

I recently built this e-56 fat bike.

I purchased a size medium frame, motor and battery from Dengfu. The frame is clear coated over the carbon fiber which I really like.

Wanted to thank TCFreak for the detailed build information as I needed those details to put the frame together.

I previously built a Dengfu e-06. I like the e-06 overall but battery is just too small / not enough range.

Initial impression of the e-56 is it definitely has way more range and much better suspension travel for my needs. It is heavier due to the bigger battery and it’s approximately 3” longer than the e-06 so not as nimble on tight trails.

Lastly, the Wren forks are really the best I have had and are big improvement over Bluto or Mastadon.

Vince

IMG_3788.jpeg IMG_3785.jpeg IMG_3786.jpeg IMG_3789.jpeg IMG_3791.jpeg View attachment IMG_3793.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles