Dengfu E10 - The CHEEB V1.0 - Discussion

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
Also they included a throttle control. For about 5 seconds I thought it would be a good idea to fit ?
YOU CAN DO IT! ?

you can do it.gif

According to my wife, it's the best feature in her Bafang BBS01. She still hasn't twigged that she could use it all the time, haha. I only told her it's a "get back up on your bike assist button," if she has to get going again on an awkward uphill incline. Which is all she uses it for... until she hit it by accident on one occasion and nearly rode up a tree - those in our riding group were all in stitches laughing!

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
second point. It will be necessary to found an solution to avoid that a pebble gets stuck in the articulation of the oscillating arm, if this happens, something will break.
There are quite a few guards you can buy which will protect that area. Unfortunately, most of them somehow funnel debris round the outside and down. I made my own in the end from a cheap "clip to your saddle" mudguard :

I hardly ever get any dirt in the lower linkage :

ken guard.jpg

g1.jpg

Just trim it to the correct length and width. Make some holes for Zip ties.

g2.jpg

Mount it....

g3.jpg

Bend it so it doesn't rub the frame - but is near enough that it doesn't act as a dirt funnel !

g4.jpg

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
New recomendations rob. first, if you can try it in 29" before "mulet". after ride, for my part i keep that and i will not mount an rear 27.5.

second point. It will be necessary to found an solution to avoid that a pebble gets stuck in the articulation of the oscillating arm, if this happens, something will break.
View attachment 47995

View attachment 47996
Did you spray paint the frame yourself or did you order it already like that?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
what is the bash guard ? the chain guide ? it use only 2 screws, it have several another hole for different orientation of the motor, i do not use the OEM chain guide, i have adapted another more little who do not need to dismatle the chain to remove it.
La protection du moteur. Le plastique ? la protection que vous avez installée sous le moteur.

(I'll delete this after...)

CRFan1

Dec 2, 2020
NW Indiana
What about power levels 4 and 5?
This is the crappy Bafang programming. On my 600 I use the 5 PAS levels and 3/4/5 have a ton of power....I never use anything more then 3 but again it is almost too much....If there is ever a way to dial it down it will extend range for sure.

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
Bad points. The throttle, I use it for walk mode, but it is too powerful, difficult to adjust speed to walk and if it stop front a stone (where you would to increased a few power with throttle), the programming say "error 21" (spreed sensor defect) and it is necessary to switch off/on the motor to continue. I will ask to bafang if it not possible to set the throttle to have max power at 100 wats (alike the setting i have done on BBS).
This is a common fault report on other forums with the M600 motor, the throttle is only a zero to full on I'm afraid. After all isn't that what motorcycle throttles do :)

paul-g

Dec 27, 2019
yorkshire
Not really, i have only performed holes in lower support to evacuate water concentration, for my opinion it is enougth. I take care also when i clean it with karcher, i have built an cover to avoid to project dirctely water on each side, at level of junction of battery cover and frame. I clean it after with sponge. If one day i plan to ride under water ((usually never occur) apylly scotch plate on each side will prevent water infiltration. Of course, i hope that nobody will try to cross water upper the motor level ?
well we`ve had Captain Webb and numerous other people swim it
now we`ve got "Patdam" going to bloody bike it.
for gods sake Patdam don`t tell the "asylum" seekers cos we won`t need
the coastguard cutters we`ll need the bloody subs
Merry Xmas everybody

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
Have you see solution ? i am not any fluent in english (you have notted ?) to easly find it. i have built wire to connect controler to an application to ride canbus communication. It seem you can modified the program, but i do not really control this technical and i do not want to play with that. The only explaination found is for increase the speed limit, not necessity for me.
Yup at this moment on a relatively new design, you have got limited control of the parameters unfortunately, speed is about the only useable parameter you can change.

When I bought my frame back in the summer, Euro speed was the one thing that put me off the M500 together with the very limited spares and software such as the likes of Blevo. That’s changing rapidly and the TSDZ2 engine I have in mine may well get changed out. Bit of a balance as the TSDZ2 engine is a known engine to me and has a wide pick of spares and software at a budget price. Having owned a BBS2 and had great reliability, I would put the Bafang as a much better build quality.

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
Yup at this moment on a relatively new design, you have got limited control of the parameters unfortunately, speed is about the only useable parameter you can change.

When I bought my frame back in the summer, Euro speed was the one thing that put me off the M500 together with the very limited spares and software such as the likes of Blevo. That’s changing rapidly and the TSDZ2 engine I have in mine may well get changed out. Bit of a balance as the TSDZ2 engine is a known engine to me and has a wide pick of spares and software at a budget price. Having owned a BBS2 and had great reliability, I would put the Bafang as a much better build quality.

OK, i am surprise when you say this motor is new design ? we can see that is proposed since 2017, it is the raison why i have purchased, even i found few brand who use it. I know that chiness companies transfer develloping of his products to customer and i had supposed that since 2017 it is fiabilised. I would be wrong ?

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
OK, i am surprise when you say this motor is new design ? we can see that is proposed since 2017, it is the raison why i have purchased, even i found few brand who use it. I know that chiness companies transfer develloping of his products to customer and i had supposed that since 2017 it is fiabilised. I would be wrong ?
The M600 has been around for a while, the M500 much less so.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles