change stem on strive:on cfr

maramouse

Mar 24, 2018
Genoa Italy
Hi everyone, sorry for the question which may seem stupid, but I have no experience with headset with cable routing, I would like to change the stem with a shorter one, I think I will have to leave a couple of oval rings underneath and then use a classic round one under the stem , I wonder if anyone who has done this can confirm, thanks

CrispyDesigns

May 25, 2023
UK
Hi everyone, sorry for the question which may seem stupid, but I have no experience with headset with cable routing, I would like to change the stem with a shorter one, I think I will have to leave a couple of oval rings underneath and then use a classic round one under the stem , I wonder if anyone who has done this can confirm, thanks
The cable routing is through the headset, so essentially separate to the stem. Shouldn't be any issues with swapping the stem. You'll likely just have to swap the spacers for traditional round items

RC8

Mar 6, 2024
Norway
Hey)) i have the same question as you))
Did you manage to cange the stem?If you did,?how did you do it with the ovale spacers with the standard round ones?
Thanx
Bjørn

Wah

Jan 25, 2024
NJ - USA
I don't love this, but without changing the whole headset cover, it will leave some gaps. The stock headset cover, spacers and G5 stem all integrate together.

IMG_8330.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles