2024 Strive:ON

ArtturiM

Jun 3, 2023
Finland
I found the OEM rotor on the front to be very flexible and noisy. I swapped to a thicker Galfer rotor and it was way better. No more flex and noise on descents and also much, much quieter under braking too
I also swapped to Galfer 223mm x 2,0mm rotors (front and rear) because of noisy Shimano rotors.

Those Galfers are quiet.

jxrx

Dec 12, 2022
Zürich
I also swapped to Galfer 223mm x 2,0mm rotors (front and rear) because of noisy Shimano rotors.

Those Galfers are quiet.
Interested how the 223mm rear goes. I put a 220mm rear on my enduro bike and found I locked up a lot more so went back to 203mm. This was with Saint brakes if it makes any difference.

220mm up front all the way though 🤘

Mario Antony

May 5, 2023
Portugal
Here we go again..........

Bike not working... and just before holidays!
Hope Canyon can resolve this in 2 weeks time

😞

Back to Moto, at least it doesn't throw any errors!

Screenshot_20240306_122844_Flow.jpg

Last edited:

S1mmo

Aug 30, 2023
Yorkshire
Nice one, thanks! Those V4 specific rotors are really pricey.
I've just ordered a pair of these to try out, 2.3mm thick and not too expensive

thewanted

Apr 2, 2023
UK
Price is very close to Hope Rotor.
For my the biggest change actually are the 155mm cranck

Those TRP rotors are about half the price of the Hope vented rotors.

I was going to go for some Galfers but they’re 2.0mm. Those TRPs could be a better option at 2.3mm.

S1mmo

Aug 30, 2023
Yorkshire
Those TRP rotors are about half the price of the Hope vented rotors.

I was going to go for some Galfers but they’re 2.0mm. Those TRPs could be a better option at 2.3mm.
I've got 2mm Galfer Shark rotors on at the moment.
They are good and work well but they seem to bend easily, both rotors have a bit of a wobble in them that rubs on the pads.
I'm hoping that the TRPs will stay a bit straighter.

thewanted

Apr 2, 2023
UK
I've got 2mm Galfer Shark rotors on at the moment.
They are good and work well but they seem to bend easily, both rotors have a bit of a wobble in them that rubs on the pads.
I'm hoping that the TRPs will stay a bit straighter.

Thanks for the info! In that case I might try the TRPs too.

jxrx

Dec 12, 2022
Zürich
hey all, have a question re Turbo mode. On a Trek Rail with Bosch CX I rented for a day in the Alps I could put it in Turbo and just spin an easy gear uphill and I had full power all the time - it was frankly awesome!
On my Strive I feel that when I pedal quickly in Turbo it gives me a surge at the start but rapidly seems to drop the assist off!
Any thoughts? I've tried using Flow app to up the support and reaction of the Turbo mode to full but that's not it.
It just feels like I'm not getting FULL torque up the hills all the time - like it's only giving me 75Nm or something instead of the 85Nm. The Trek Rail felt like it was full power all the time as long as I was pedalling.
What could explain the difference? BTW the Trek had a brake disc sensor not the rim magnet.

thewanted

Apr 2, 2023
UK
Hello @thewanted
What size rotors will you be using front / rear?
You need to size the adapter for the rotor.
For example, I have a 223mm rotor on the front so I bought a +43mm Galfer adapter as the standard fox fork size is 180mm.

Hey. I've ordered a 220mm rotor for the front, and 203mm for the rear.

thewanted

Apr 2, 2023
UK
Sorry (again). I just noticed that the CFR includes 220/203mm rotors so do I actually need Hope adapters if I’m replacing the Shimano rotors with the same size from Hope?

S1mmo

Aug 30, 2023
Yorkshire
Sorry (again). I just noticed that the CFR includes 220/203mm rotors so do I actually need Hope adapters if I’m replacing the Shimano rotors with the same size from Hope?
I may be wrong but I don't think that Hope calipers work too well with Shimano adapters as they're a different design.
Someone else might have got this set-up to work and may be able to offer a solution.

Sorry, I just re-read your post.
If you're just replacing the rotors it should work, if you're swapping to Hope calipers, probably not.

Last edited:

thewanted

Apr 2, 2023
UK
I may be wrong but I don't think that Hope calipers work too well with Shimano adapters as they're a different design.
Someone else might have got this set-up to work and may be able to offer a solution.

Sorry, I just re-read your post.
If you're just replacing the rotors it should work, if you're swapping to Hope calipers, probably not.

Ah okay, thanks. I’m replacing the Shimano calipers and rotors with products from Hope, so it sounds like I do need the adapters.

S1mmo

Aug 30, 2023
Yorkshire
Ah okay, thanks. I’m replacing the Shimano calipers and rotors with products from Hope, so it sounds like I do need the adapters.
I think you may be able to modify / bodge the Shimano adapters to get them to work with Hope brakes but if you're getting new Hope calipers and rotors I'd just spend that bit extra to get the correct Hope compatible adapters.

thewanted

Apr 2, 2023
UK
I think you may be able to modify / bodge the Shimano adapters to get them to work with Hope brakes but if you're getting new Hope calipers and rotors I'd just spend that bit extra to get the correct Hope compatible adapters.

I don't mind spending the money, but trying to confidently work out which adapters I need is proving to be a challenge!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles