2024 Strive:ON

Jackwithoneye

Jun 23, 2023
marseille
Hey all, has anyone ordered a new chain for their Shimano XT equipped CFR? If so how many links? 116x, 128x or 138x? I'm having brain fade... Thanks!
i ordered a new chain yesterday, i've counted about 118 links on my actual chain size M Strive On.
So i ordered a 128. Whatever, if i miscounted, i'll align with the old one and fit it to the right length

No idea

Feb 19, 2024
Dorset
Hi guys I am thinking of buying a strive on underdog.
I have read this post from beginning to end and it’s been so helpful!
I know this must be a drag and I am sorry for asking but if anyone could give their personal opinion on frame size I would really appreciate it.
I am thinking of a medium ( I am 175cm )

S1mmo

Aug 30, 2023
Yorkshire
Hi guys I am thinking of buying a strive on underdog.
I have read this post from beginning to end and it’s been so helpful!
I know this must be a drag and I am sorry for asking but if anyone could give their personal opinion on frame size I would really appreciate it.
I am thinking of a medium ( I am 175cm )
I would definitely go with a medium.
I'm 184cm and my large feels perfect.
A lot of the reviews suggest sizing down when you're between sizes but I'm glad I didn't as I think a medium would've been too small.

Stephan-Qc

Dec 26, 2023
France
Last uptade !

IMG_6880.jpeg IMG_6882.jpeg IMG_6885.jpeg IMG_6883.jpeg IMG_6884.jpeg

Jackwithoneye

Jun 23, 2023
marseille
just to let you know, that the Fox X2 has a common reliability problem for years. It's called cavitation (squeeeeech noise, coming from the shock where air is mixing with the oil, which alterates the good functioning of the shock ). It's supposed to be fixed on 2024 models.
If, like me, you have a 2023 model on your Strive On (you can check on fox site with the shock's serial number), even if, like me, you don't have any problem with the shock (yet?), you're eligible for an upgrade of your shock with the 2024 updated components.
You'll have to contact your fox service center, and check with them for the upgrade under warranty.
i've done it, and they're making no problem as they are aware of the problem.
You'll certainly have to provide the serial number, the bike's invoice, and send the shock to them. Depending on how busy they are, it can take from 1 week, to 1 month (don't do it in june, it could ruin your summer rides :giggle: )

jxrx

Dec 12, 2022
Zürich
just to let you know, that the Fox X2 has a common reliability problem for years. It's called cavitation (squeeeeech noise, coming from the shock where air is mixing with the oil, which alterates the good functioning of the shock ). It's supposed to be fixed on 2024 models.
If, like me, you have a 2023 model on your Strive On (you can check on fox site with the shock's serial number), even if, like me, you don't have any problem with the shock (yet?), you're eligible for an upgrade of your shock with the 2024 updated components.
You'll have to contact your fox service center, and check with them for the upgrade under warranty.
i've done it, and they're making no problem as they are aware of the problem.
You'll certainly have to provide the serial number, the bike's invoice, and send the shock to them. Depending on how busy they are, it can take from 1 week, to 1 month (don't do it in june, it could ruin your summer rides :giggle: )
thanks, I was wondering about this and might just try my luck here in Switzerland

Mars2

May 16, 2023
La Ciotat France
Does anyone know what is the Q factor of the E-thirteen crank on our bike.
Want to order shorter crank but i'm on job trip so can't look at my bike.
Thanks

Mario Antony

May 5, 2023
Portugal
Had problems @1.000km, but installed a new latch (old design) + ziptie everything, so that there isn't any movement, what so ever.

Up until now - everything is ok!

BTW:
Anyone installed a 500W battery to the Strive :ON

Wah

Jan 25, 2024
NJ - USA
Can anyone who has run new brake hoses let me know if you need to drop the motor to route the new line through the frame? Switching my DB8 (which were surprisingly decent) to Shimanos (all my bikes are XTs). Any tips?

S1mmo

Aug 30, 2023
Yorkshire
Can anyone who has run new brake hoses let me know if you need to drop the motor to route the new line through the frame? Switching my DB8 (which were surprisingly decent) to Shimanos (all my bikes are XTs). Any tips?
Hello, I swapped my brakes to Hope E4s and didn't need to drop the motor.
I pushed the new hose in while pulling the old hose out with one of these, it went in very easily.
rockshox-tornillo-stealth-barb-connector-reverb.jpg

Reactions: Wah

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles