2024 Strive:ON

Wah

Jan 25, 2024
NJ - USA
Anyone have issues with the chainring rubbing on the chainstay? I just noticed it today and can actually hear and feel the chainring rub at one point in a full rotation.

IMG_7993.jpeg

Wah

Jan 25, 2024
NJ - USA
So it seems that Canyon may have installed the incorrect size spider on my chainring. I can make out a "52mm" printed on the inside of the spider but its hard to see because its printed on the inside facing the motor. Will verify for sure after I get the correct tools to pull the crank and chainring tomorrow. I believe the chainline for this bike is 55mm. Now what... ugh. :mad:

S1mmo

Aug 30, 2023
Yorkshire
So it seems that Canyon may have installed the incorrect size spider on my chainring. I can make out a "52mm" printed on the inside of the spider but its hard to see because its printed on the inside facing the motor. Will verify for sure after I get the correct tools to pull the crank and chainring tomorrow. I believe the chainline for this bike is 55mm. Now what... ugh. :mad:
Did you check to see if it's the correct chain line on the spider that's been installed?
I took mine off to have a look, it's definitely a 55mm CL, it's stamped near the centre of the spider.

Reactions: Wah

Wah

Jan 25, 2024
NJ - USA
That's not good, how have managed to get that wrong 😳
Hopefully Canyon will get that resolved quickly for you.
Thanks. I spoke with them and submitted more pictures of their f-up. Guy on the phone assured me they would take care of me. Will see.

shakazulu12

Jan 18, 2024
Phoenix, AZ
Officially joined the club. Won't be able to build it out until tomorrow at the earliest though. Everything looked good, packaging was clean and bike perfect. Also shipped with the Scorpion Race Enduro tires instead of the trail ones. Which I have been keen to try these tires for a while. Anyone running a 180mm fork? Curious if it does anything negative to the handling. I have a Rulzeman tuned Mezzer that's currently set at 180 to put on it, though I can drop it back to 170 pretty easily if needed.

1711129277963.png

Winryn

Nov 10, 2019
Shropshire
I’m really missing the extra comfort from my previous plus size tyres. I find the 2.4 a bit skinny on the rear but appreciate how tough the DD tyre is. 700 miles and no rips is a record for me.

Can anyone recommend a 2.6 tyre for the rear that’s as good as the dhr2 and just as tough? They dont do a 2.6 dhr DD

S1mmo

Aug 30, 2023
Yorkshire
I’m really missing the extra comfort from my previous plus size tyres. I find the 2.4 a bit skinny on the rear but appreciate how tough the DD tyre is. 700 miles and no rips is a record for me.

Can anyone recommend a 2.6 tyre for the rear that’s as good as the dhr2 and just as tough? They dont do a 2.6 dhr DD
Schwalbe Big Betty or Eddy Current with Super Gravity casing, both come in 2.6 and will be a lot tougher than a DD.

jxrx

Dec 12, 2022
Zürich

Conti Kryptotal Rear 27.5 x 2.6 Enduro Soft 👍

Bandido

Mar 22, 2024
Sweden
Hey guys. I was ready to order a Strive on, but then I noticed that Santa Cruz has the Bullit S-kit on sale for approximately the same price. Which one would you go for?

Winryn

Nov 10, 2019
Shropshire
Schwalbe Big Betty or Eddy Current with Super Gravity casing, both come in 2.6 and will be a lot tougher than a

Schwalbe Big Betty or Eddy Current with Super Gravity casing, both come in 2.6 and will be a lot tougher than a DD.
Have an eddy current in my basket right now thank you (betty out of stock in 2.6 at Merlin). Eddy or magic Mary for the front? Have you tried either ?

S1mmo

Aug 30, 2023
Yorkshire
Hehehe. What makes the Shimano so bad?
I can only speak from personal experience but everyone I know with a Shimano motor has had problems - random fault codes, power cutting out, controller issues.
Shimano's distributor / warranty support in the UK don't appear to be very helpful which has resulted in more than one of my riding mates being without a motor for a few weeks.
I wouldn't consider any bike with a Shimano motor in the UK but the back up support may be better in different regions.

kenobinai

Mar 23, 2024
London
Hi everyone

In some page here it reads we can't use the purion 200 display as it doesn't work together with the controller in the frame. But, can it replace it? I.e., the controller in the frame would be disconnected.

Hope this isn't answered yet, I have searched extensively, but haven't read 45 pages :D

Thanks

Mario Antony

May 5, 2023
Portugal
Currently using the Eddy in 2.6 orange stripe.
It feels thougher than DHR it replaced, but it's not as gripy.
From the rides I had, it feels like a more durable tire.

Upfront, I prefer the Maxxis Assegai to the Magic (have orange stripe and purple stripe), since the Assegai can maintain a notch higher grip.

Nevertheless, if I had the Magic on sales (Say around 40), and maxxis at normal pricing (60ish), I would buy the Magic no question about.
At the same price, maxxis, without question.

For KOMs or racing, probably would go with standard tires (Maxxis).

Tires are very personall opinion, since the feeling can differ from rider to rider.

PS: use my tires tubless, without any insert.
Pressures varying between 22/26 upfront and 24/28 reae (Slippery stuff/bone dry-rock garden-fast)

Last edited:

Pazman

Dec 8, 2022
Uk
Anyone have issues with the chainring rubbing on the chainstay? I just noticed it today and can actually hear and feel the chainring rub at one point in a full rotation.

View attachment 136169
Just received my strive on CFR ltd and noticed the chainring looks very close to the frame like yours , what parts do I need to check ?

RoJo

Apr 24, 2019
Surrey
Hehehe. What makes the Shimano so bad?
Bosch also gets better Range out of same sized battery so it's not really true that Shimano is lighter when you consider that you could run Bosch ith lighter battery. More assistance from Bosch. If you've never had an eMTB then Shimano will feel great but if you want the best motor it has to be Bosch.

Wah

Jan 25, 2024
NJ - USA
Just received my strive on CFR ltd and noticed the chainring looks very close to the frame like yours , what parts do I need to check ?
Post a photo. You need to check the chainline spec on the chainring. It should be no less than 55mm. They installed a 52mm on mine. For the FSA chainring it was printed on the inside near the center, facing the frame so you couldn’t see it installed. I had to actually pull the crank and the chainring to verify.

Wah

Jan 25, 2024
NJ - USA
Just an update on my chainring saga… i contacted canyon via the warranty process and submitted pictures of the frame damage and the picture of the chainring size my bike came with. They got back to me with an offer to buy back my bike and (and after a couple emails back and forth) rebuy any bike for 10% off and $150 worth of canyon swag. I did ask if sending just a rear triangle was possible but they do not have them in the US.

It was quite a hassle bc I had already installed brakes, fork, shock, tubeless stems and invisiframe. I uninstalled everything (except the wrap). Got the new bike the other day and repeated the process with RideWrap this time. Bike was absolutely fantastic yesterday on its first ride

IMG_8244.jpeg

I will say that, although it takes them 3-4 days for the warranty claim to get started, overall their customer service was responsive and I’m happy with the result.

S1mmo

Aug 30, 2023
Yorkshire
Just an update on my chainring saga… i contacted canyon via the warranty process and submitted pictures of the frame damage and the picture of the chainring size my bike came with. They got back to me with an offer to buy back my bike and (and after a couple emails back and forth) rebuy any bike for 10% off and $150 worth of canyon swag. I did ask if sending just a rear triangle was possible but they do not have them in the US.

It was quite a hassle bc I had already installed brakes, fork, shock, tubeless stems and invisiframe. I uninstalled everything (except the wrap). Got the new bike the other day and repeated the process with RideWrap this time. Bike was absolutely fantastic yesterday on its first ride

View attachment 137322

I will say that, although it takes them 3-4 days for the warranty claim to get started, overall their customer service was responsive and I’m happy with the result.
Nice bike, It's very similar to mine.
IMG_20240331_162659.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles