Strive:ON problems

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
@Tubby G , @CrispyDesigns

I contacted Canyon's warranty team yesterday and they're sending me out a replacement latch to Yorkshire - LCK BOS FOR BATT BBP37YY AXIAL bk

Could you please let me know if this is the Canyon Part Number you received?
There was some confusion over whether I'd be receiving the new or old one.

Thank you

This is the description on my delivery note:

IMG_5160.jpeg

So it looks like you have the correct latch on your way 👍🏽

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Thanks Tubby.

Please let us know how the new one holds up when you've had chance to test it properly.

Will do. It’s easy to fit, just four screws, I did mine last night. Back at work now though so won’t get to ride it until the weekend 👍🏽

CrispyDesigns

May 25, 2023
UK
@Tubby G , @CrispyDesigns

I contacted Canyon's warranty team yesterday and they're sending me out a replacement latch to Yorkshire - LCK BOS FOR BATT BBP37YY AXIAL bk

Could you please let me know if this is the Canyon Part Number you received?
There was some confusion over whether I'd be receiving the new or old one.

Thank you
This is the new latch packaging I received:

IMG_8312.jpeg

S1mmo

Aug 30, 2023
Yorkshire
Thanks Crispy.
It looks like I should be receiving the updated latch.
Looking at your packaging I can't believe the cheeky bastards are going to be charging people £19.99 to replace a part that was never fit for purpose.

CrispyDesigns

May 25, 2023
UK
Thanks Crispy.
It looks like I should be receiving the updated latch.
Looking at your packaging I can't believe the cheeky bastards are going to be charging people £19.99 to replace a part that was never fit for purpose.
I noticed the price too. Cheeky monkeys

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
Ordered mine yesterday, so should have it in a few weeks. (Not sure why it takes so long to post out a tiny part like that, especially if it's coming from the UK.)

Wow, £20 is mental for that bit of plastic. I guess the price is for people who somehow break it themselves or for any of us that call up 1 day out of warranty to complain about the fault... 🙄

Also, Canyon said I'd have to go to my local Canyon dealer or box up the bike and send it to them to check that the top battery mount is secure.

Is anyone here doing that, or just checking the fasteners themselves? It's a bit of a faff for me to get to my local dealer.

S1mmo

Aug 30, 2023
Yorkshire
Ordered mine yesterday, so should have it in a few weeks. (Not sure why it takes so long to post out a tiny part like that, especially if it's coming from the UK.)

Wow, £20 is mental for that bit of plastic. I guess the price is for people who somehow break it themselves or for any of us that call up 1 day out of warranty to complain about the fault... 🙄

Also, Canyon said I'd have to go to my local Canyon dealer or box up the bike and send it to them to check that the top battery mount is secure.

Is anyone here doing that, or just checking the fasteners themselves? It's a bit of a faff for me to get to my local dealer.
I also received those instructions from Canyon.
When my new latch arrives I won't be taking my bike to a local service centre.
I've already loctited and tightened the bolts on the top battery mount so I don't think there is any point.

CrispyDesigns

May 25, 2023
UK

Weird, I got no instructions with mine? Just the latch in a zip lock bag. Consistency doesn’t seem to be Canyon’s strong point.

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
Weird, I got no instructions with mine? Just the latch in a zip lock bag. Consistency doesn’t seem to be Canyon’s strong point.
No, mine hasn't arrived yet - they agreed to send a replacement latch out and said in the same email that they wanted me to take the bike to a Canyon service center to have the top battery mount checked or to box the whole thing up and send it back to them, however I got shot of the box a long time ago, so I have no intention of sending it back to them just so they can check two bolts that I can easily check and Loctite myself.

S1mmo

Aug 30, 2023
Yorkshire
My new latch arrived today.
It took 7 days to get from Germany to West Yorkshire so I can't really complain about Canyon's customer service.
It didn't come with any packaging or instructions, just the latch in a brown envelope.
IMG_20240109_160551.jpg

S1mmo

Aug 30, 2023
Yorkshire
Did yours break or did you order them new from Canyon?
My latch had become very loose.
I then tried the Tobias modification which helped, but I wasn't sure how much longer it would last.
Canyon were quite helpful and sent out the updated latch under warranty.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
My latch had become very loose.
I then tried the Tobias modification which helped, but I wasn't sure how much longer it would last.
Canyon were quite helpful and sent out the updated latch under warranty.

Same issue as mine. My latch was loose and didn’t click into the locking mechanism properly. The new latch is much better and locks with a firm ‘click’ sound. No battery movement once locked in place

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
Mine should be here Friday, so I'll fit and likely keep Tobias' mod as well to try to strengthen things further.

Hopefully this is the last we hear of any issues or cut outs...

Monkey80

Sep 3, 2023
Uk
Got my latch today from canyon.Its exactly the same as the original 😂😂😂.I really don’t understand canyon.when I spoke to them they acted as if they know nothing about it and got me to send a link to this page to prove it. IIL be chatting to them tomorrow 😂

IMG_0031.jpeg

kntr

Sep 19, 2019
USA
Good luck Canyon. I know of a ton of people waiting in the USA to get this bike. Most are backing out now.

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
I may be wrong but I think the two latch versions (original and new) have the same product number and may be causing the confusion at Canyon's distribution centre.

@RJUK Just sent you a conversation
Ah, sounds sensible! I did say to the guy I was speaking to that it surprises me that they have old versions of the latch. You think they'd get rid of them all and just stock the new ones. Even for bikes that don't need the extra strengthening it's bound to be better to have that latch anyway.

Thanks for the PM.

Mario Antony

May 5, 2023
Portugal
I may be wrong but I think the two latch versions (original and new) have the same product number and may be causing the confusion at Canyon's distribution centre.

@RJUK Just sent you a conversation
I don't believe.
Product name, maybe, but not product or Part Number.

BTW, the part is Bosch and not Canyon's part.

What can be happening is simple:

The new latch is no more in warehouse due to shortness, but there are a bunch of the old design, so it's preferable to send a functional old design, and later on, replace and send the new design.

Mario Antony

May 5, 2023
Portugal
Ah, sounds sensible! I did say to the guy I was speaking to that it surprises me that they have old versions of the latch. You think they'd get rid of them all and just stock the new ones. Even for bikes that don't need the extra strengthening it's bound to be better to have that latch anyway.

Thanks for the PM.
No one will be sending new parts out, if the new ones haven't arrived in number... just saying.

BTW, Canyon is not alone. Scott and Focus also have this problem

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
No one will be sending new parts out, if the new ones haven't arrived in number... just saying.

BTW, Canyon is not alone. Scott and Focus also have this problem
Well they've already dispatched another one - which I'm assured they've carefully checked is the new one.

I suspect someone just didn't check what they were sending properly.

S1mmo

Aug 30, 2023
Yorkshire
Well they've already dispatched another one - which I'm assured they've carefully checked is the new one.

I suspect someone just didn't check what they were sending properly.
They can't have done as there's no more left in the warehouse 😉

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles