Bosch PowerTube technical drawings

RolfRapRap

Mar 27, 2023
Switzerland
Hello - are there more detailed technical drawings available for the PowerTubes?
I'm especially interested in the 625 and 750 Smart System Version. The attaches provides only details for the basic dimension. I'm looking for the measurement and position of the longitudinal grooves and threaded inserts.

Background: I've done some work on 3D printed brackets to replace the lock-system for the Trek Rails. Based on requests, created a 3D printed replacement for the Alucover. Repeatedly receiving requests for ways to mount a smaller/shorter battery for further weight tuning. But I "only" have a 625 standard (System 2) battery to make the measurements myself.

Thanks for your support!

1683407971284.png

Last edited:

BIG-DUKE-6

Feb 21, 2023
Usa
It’s just a matter of time before someone starts a company up rebuilding dead e bike batteries . The internal parts are pretty much the same across the board. All you really need is the battery case.

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
I doubt that information will be readily handed out. You will most likely have to beg, borrow, steal, buy batteries and take your own measurements.

Maybe talk to a local bike shop. Offer them discounts on your products as a carrot for lending you the batteries you need.

RolfRapRap

Mar 27, 2023
Switzerland
I doubt that information will be readily handed out. You will most likely have to beg, borrow, steal, buy batteries and take your own measurements.

Maybe talk to a local bike shop. Offer them discounts on your products as a carrot for lending you the batteries you need.
I've already tried the beg and borrow approach - but fear to go further up your proposal line :)

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
I've already tried the beg and borrow approach - but fear to go further up your proposal line :)
If you are serious about making and selling adapters for profit then buy the batteries. Make the prototypes and test your designs. It's all claimable and deductible expenses. Who dares wins. Get some skin in the game and throw down some cash and make it happen.

RolfRapRap

Mar 27, 2023
Switzerland
If you are serious about making and selling adapters for profit then buy the batteries. Make the prototypes and test your designs. It's all claimable and deductible expenses. Who dares wins. Get some skin in the game and throw down some cash and make it happen.
I’m happy with my current job.
This thing here is more to solve some common challenges within the community and if I earn some money out of it, it would be a contribution to my already made investments in the 3D printer or justification of the next 3D printer upgrades to my wife 😊

Last edited:

Ark

Mar 8, 2023
Newcastle Upon Tyne
It’s just a matter of time before someone starts a company up rebuilding dead e bike batteries . The internal parts are pretty much the same across the board. All you really need is the battery case.
The batteries aren't dumb they talk to the motor so you have to crack that

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles