Bosch Powertube 750 Battery not turning on correctly

grimbough

Jan 30, 2024
Heidelberg, DE
I own a Focus Jarifa2 6.9 which has a Bosch Powertube 750 battery. The other day tried to update the bike software using the Bosch Flow app, and now the bike does not turn on. The LED remote on the handlebar shows some blue lights and then turns off after about 5 seconds. It has the same response as when the battery is missing from the bike. There's no error code or orange/red lights showing. Unplugging and reinserting all the cables doesn't seem to have changed anything.

Removing the battery and turning it on separately via the power button, it shows only two solid LEDs (top and bottom) out of five, and I can't find any description from Bosch as to what that might indicate. They also don't flash when the charger is plugged in. I've tried holding the battery power button down for 30 seconds or so, but that doesn't seem to have any effect.

I have attached some photos and was hoping someone else might have seen this before. I'm worried the software update has somehow broken the battery. The Flow app still says I need to "Turn on the eBike to complete the update", which is obviously not working.

PXL_20240128_215334654.jpg PXL_20240128_215320717 (1).jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles