Bosch Powertube Battery Foam Damper

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Bosch don’t really talk about this (prob because they don’t want to admit there’s a battery rattle on many bosch bikes).

If you want to try and dampen / reduce Bosch rattling then try one of these. Cheap and worth a punt. I just fit one to my Rail and I hope it reduces or removes lateral battery movement that can lead to noise.

Bosch PowerTube battery holder damping plate

For PowerTube holder part number 0.275.007.440

505883F0-194E-4621-8E77-56BE6AAB96AB.jpeg

Bummers

Mar 12, 2022
UK
Bosch don’t really talk about this (prob because they don’t want to admit there’s a battery rattle on many bosch bikes).

If you want to try and dampen / reduce Bosch rattling then try one of these. Cheap and worth a punt. I just fit one to my Rail and I hope it reduces or removes lateral battery movement that can lead to noise.

Bosch PowerTube battery holder damping plate

For PowerTube holder part number 0.275.007.440

View attachment 95488

What website is that from?

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
I put one on my 2022 Rail, makes a massive difference.
Recommended 👍
Just go into any Bosch dealer and order one they're only a couple of quid.
If you order online, you'll pay more in postage than the actual item.

Oupy

Feb 22, 2022
Australia
Is it fairly straightforward to install? Looks like it just sits loose between the mount and the battery is that right? and did you need to adjust the top mounts to allow for the extra space the spacer take up?

Would also be interested to know if it changes the acoustics of the usual bosch chainring rattle.

Last edited:

Paul Mac

Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
It's got one sticky side that adheres to the bottom mount on the bike over the connection.
I made no additional adjustment on my bike, the battery sits fractionally higher, but still no issues with fitment

irie

Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
It appears to be for vertical batteries, and I think that BDU2XX and BDU3XX means its for Gen 2 motors and Gen 3 motors. But I guess that the Gen 4 motor/battery interface is the same as Gen 2 and Gen 3, and that's where the part fits.

Tomroy

Aug 18, 2020
Australia
Just adjust the bottom battery mount to get rid of play. Turn bike upside down, remove rear wheel and motor bash guard. Loosen torx screws on lower down tube battery mount, put a lever such as ratchet handle etc. through under motor and lever up lower battery mount to take up play and tighten back up. This is easier with a 625 battery for some reason the 750 has a lot more play, but I managed to get rid of the bulk of the play and then just packed the inside of the down tube with adhesive foam to prevent rattle. These foam pads are standard on Focus e bikes which have a different battery housing.

Planemo

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 12, 2021
Essex UK
I have one of these as stock on my Haibike. I just assumed that all bikes with the Bosch system would have them! I can't imagine getting a snug fit without it.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Just adjust the bottom battery mount to get rid of play. Turn bike upside down, remove rear wheel and motor bash guard. Loosen torx screws on lower down tube battery mount, put a lever such as ratchet handle etc. through under motor and lever up lower battery mount to take up play and tighten back up. This is easier with a 625 battery for some reason the 750 has a lot more play, but I managed to get rid of the bulk of the play and then just packed the inside of the down tube with adhesive foam to prevent rattle. These foam pads are standard on Focus e bikes which have a different battery housing.
I did this exact same thing but for a power cutoff issue. It worked for my Rail. Months later I noticed the rattling noise which drove me nuts. Thought it might be the cables running through the battery compartment …
Thanks! I'm ordering now!! 👍
I’m ordering also…and a few extra for early Xmas stocking stuffers. 😉

Stu

Jul 27, 2022
Uk
Just an update and installation guide for those interested.

Took delivery of the damper today.
Removed battery and degreased/cleaned the area where the battery connects, being carful not to touch the contact points.
Dry fitted the damper to check the fit.
removed the adhesive backing.
Placed the damper over the battery locating lugs. This guide the damper in position.
Pressed firmly to seat the damper on to the mating surface.
Installed the battery and jobs a good’en.
FA01564A-A8C7-4131-B493-2D3892A9F1A7.jpeg
21F92DEF-8BC5-4BD2-9B81-AB01304F1306.jpeg
A68BE791-4107-4C34-B9E6-20A994F6C2FF.jpeg
1F85E0FB-C92E-4E11-8B9E-CBAF3280EC03.jpeg
8006AB16-7A4A-488D-BC78-07F031EF9CEF.jpeg

Peaky Rider

E*POWAH Master
Feb 9, 2019
Derbyshire Dales
Just an update and installation guide for those interested.

Took delivery of the damper today.
Removed battery and degreased/cleaned the area where the battery connects, being carful not to touch the contact points.
Dry fitted the damper to check the fit.
removed the adhesive backing.
Placed the damper over the battery locating lugs. This guide the damper in position.
Pressed firmly to seat the damper on to the mating surface.
Installed the battery and jobs a good’en. View attachment 95701 View attachment 95702 View attachment 95703 View attachment 95704 View attachment 95705

Has it actually made any difference?

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Thinking about this I cant see this as a good thing for the simple reason its lessening the contact points on the battery connection
Just a thought .
Possible - on the other hand its adding just enough cushioning to hold the battery tight and might stop the battery grinding down the contacts through friction and unnecessary movement

Stu

Jul 27, 2022
Uk
Thinking about this I cant see this as a good thing for the simple reason its lessening the contact points on the battery connection
Just a thought .
From the install and a good look with the battery fitted. There is very minimal loss of the battery to the contacts. The foam is dense enough to distort when clipped and locked in, with the other areas of the damper cushioning the battery to stop the rattling.

Off for a ride in a bit so will give a full review a little later.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles