Bosch Powertube Battery Foam Damper

Apr 27, 2022
UK
I rebuilt the back end of my bike this weekend (crash damage repairs), whilst I was at it I carried out the Trek alignment procedure and fitted the foam damper plate. The battery is in there really nice and tight now and I can't see any play or movement when I try to manipulate the battery. I was surprised how much adjustment there was to be honest. I'm hoping to take it out for a gentle test ride tomorrow and if all is well with the various repairs I will go somewhere gnarly for a proper workout and hopefully the battery will stay on place with no rattle. Hopefully it's problem solved but I'm still thinking of mounting the battery permanently too.

BobMtnBkr

Mar 17, 2022
Williamsburg VA
Have 4 rides since installing the Bosch battery pad. It did not stop the banging/knocking sounds over very harsh roots & chop.

Strangely enough... I finally got the bike out to an actual bike park recently (lots of medium-sized, machine-made artificial jumps, berms, etc.). The bike was surprisingly quiet. It seems to take single big hits just fine. It just doesn't like multiple, highspeed sharp impacts. Both impacts using 80-90% of the travel.

Asked LBS/Trek for assistance last month. No feedback yet. Will try adjusting the brackets once I get feedback from Trek.

Last edited:

Philly G

Subscriber
Jun 29, 2020
New Zealand
Just to update. Took motor bash guard off, and with the battery in place, loosened the security torx screws and pushed on the back of the battery mount. Gap between the tab and the frame was 2.5mm, now it's 4mm. Battery still goes in easily but slightly harder to remove, need to press down a little to compress the foam damper. This should stop the battery cut-out issue I've been having
20220926_155917.jpg

Dave_B

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
Read through this thread. Loads on battery rattle and fixes.

Apr 27, 2022
UK
I rebuilt the back end of my bike this weekend (crash damage repairs), whilst I was at it I carried out the Trek alignment procedure and fitted the foam damper plate. The battery is in there really nice and tight now and I can't see any play or movement when I try to manipulate the battery. I was surprised how much adjustment there was to be honest. I'm hoping to take it out for a gentle test ride tomorrow and if all is well with the various repairs I will go somewhere gnarly for a proper workout and hopefully the battery will stay on place with no rattle. Hopefully it's problem solved but I'm still thinking of mounting the battery permanently too.
Had a blast out today at Dalby Forest, I did the red and black route, good fun, pushed the bike fairly hard and no battery rattle noticed. The weather was pretty crap in the later afternoon and the bike got filthy, I took the battery out when I got home and the compartment was bone dry and clean inside so I'm guessing the battery is getting sealed up and nice and tight now.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles