Bafang m510

rtp

Nov 21, 2021
USA
The important question is does it support boost, because only that funtion allowing to ride faster than dog wandering on street.
:D

I was thinking for my M600 but fair point.. ;)
The M500 I rode wasn’t bad, but it definitely felt odd dropping assist, was smooth enough, just ‘that’s it?’
If that limit cant be bypassed, yet another use if someone does a DIY HMI/controls - getting to boost should be a single button..

Kyokushin

Mar 28, 2021
Sol
:D

I was thinking for my M600 but fair point.. ;)
The M500 I rode wasn’t bad, but it definitely felt odd dropping assist, was smooth enough, just ‘that’s it?’
If that limit cant be bypassed, yet another use if someone does a DIY HMI/controls - getting to boost should be a single button..
Boost works not so bad, at least it „is”. Other brand engines are ending on 25 and thats it.
In M500/M600 you can just push boost and bike will ride faster.
Od course the best is just connect a throttle and remove this nonsense limit.

m500 on 13Amps had around 42 max speed, on 18AM600 controller its around 50, but it both cases its not a rocket and accelerarion is really slow in comparison to any 50cm china scooter, and completely out of discussion in matter of any motorcycle.
1kW is still a bike with performance of bike. Complete idiot created the EU regulations that make „legal” ebikes almost useles in real daily life.
USA regulations are much more „for people”.

btw, photo with new slightly shorter rear damper, offset bushes, and head angle mod.
Went from 72 to 68HA.

93A85C1A-DF95-4E48-8002-C615FACB7E59.jpeg

Last edited:

SchadowMaster

Aug 12, 2021
Germany
Hello, I have used Bafang motors for years specifically: (mid motors M300,M500 and rear motor RM G060) The best of them was the Bafang rear motor RM G060. The Strongest on hills without overheating and performance drop.
The M500 engine is great and powerful, but the overheating is a big problem, and it seems that this problem has been solved with the new engine m510, so I'm thinking of building a bike for the first time in my life.
But I have some questions and I hope you can help me:
1. I live in Germany and the question is can I ride the bike I built on the streets and public roads? (Of course, the maximum speed will be limited to 25 km/h)
2. Where can I buy an e-bike frame? (Most here in the forum have Dengfu E10 , but I didn't find it, there is E-05 What's the difference?
3. Is the process of building a bike difficult and is there a clear and detailed explanation somewhere?

Thank you in advance

SchadowMaster

Aug 12, 2021
Germany
Wenn ride uphill for about 5-10 min, Motor temperature starts to rise to the point where you cannot touch it, otherwise you will burn your fingers, and the performance also begins to decrease as if you are on the level 2, but in fact it is on the level 5.

So I have to stop until the motor cools down and then get back on the bike to get the full torque.

No errors

(Weather temperature around 20-25)

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
Wenn ride uphill for about 5-10 min, Motor temperature starts to rise to the point where you cannot touch it, otherwise you will burn your fingers, and the performance also begins to decrease as if you are on the level 2, but in fact it is on the level 5.

So I have to stop until the motor cools down and then get back on the bike to get the full torque.

No errors

(Weather temperature around 20-25)
Never had that, even at steepest and longest climbs….

rtp

Nov 21, 2021
USA
2. Where can I buy an e-bike frame? (Most here in the forum have Dengfu E10 , but I didn't find it, there is E-05 What's the difference?
3. Is the process of building a bike difficult and is there a clear and detailed explanation somewhere?

Aliexpress.com or direct from Dengfu. There is a Dengfu rep on the forum as well.
Contact them - their website and sales sites seem to have some issues in showing te E10 and E22.

It’s not too difficult for most, but you’ll need to do your own research. There are numerous build threads on the forum, as well as youtube etc videos out there..

Last edited:

SchadowMaster

Aug 12, 2021
Germany
If You ride 1h, its 550 Wh! 😂
You got me wrong! I'm talking about watts, not watt-hours. There is a difference between them.
During heavy load on the motor the amp goes up to 11 this means:
11 × 48 = 528 watt
When this amount of watts is consumed for 5-10 minutes, the motor overheats and its performance decreases, at least that's what happens with my engine.

Kyokushin

Mar 28, 2021
Sol
You got me wrong! I'm talking about watts, not watt-hours. There is a difference between them.
During heavy load on the motor the amp goes up to 11 this means:
11 × 48 = 528 watt
When this amount of watts is consumed for 5-10 minutes, the motor overheats and its performance decreases, at least that's what happens with my engine.
On what firmware are you?

i think i have similar observations but i had no clue because i observed this rarely.
At least we know we can push amps and engine have temp protection - thats good news.

Last edited:

SchadowMaster

Aug 12, 2021
Germany
On what firmware are you?

i think i have similar observations but i had no clue because i observed this rarely.
At least we know we can push amps and engine have temp protection - thats good news.
I use 12A Frimware (CRX10NC4812i142015.5)

Exactly when the motor heats up, the protection works to not allow the current draw to rise. This would also prevent more heat.

But this is my problem with this engine, that it cannot withstand working under high pressure for a long time, but i think this problem has been solved with the new motor M510.

rtp

Nov 21, 2021
USA
Wiche Dengfu frame size should i choose?
S 15"
M 17"
L 19"
Is matt or glossy better?
I'm 177 cm tall

Probably the Medium. I’m 183cm with a Medium frame. Realistically I could have gone Large but wanted my wife to occasionally use it. YMMV as usual, but at 177cm I’d wager a Med frame E10 would fit well.

Matte finish will pick up and ‘hold’ dirt easier, while the gloss should clean up easier. Personal choice, really.

SchadowMaster

Aug 12, 2021
Germany
Probably the Medium. I’m 183cm with a Medium frame. Realistically I could have gone Large but wanted my wife to occasionally use it. YMMV as usual, but at 177cm I’d wager a Med frame E10 would fit well.

Matte finish will pick up and ‘hold’ dirt easier, while the gloss should clean up easier. Personal choice, really.
Many thanks!

djol

Feb 28, 2022
Tasmania, Australia
I’m also 183cm and went with a Large E10 (still on its way). Also gloss finish, as I’m happy not to need to paint at the start. (I have also seen on the forums a few people 183+ cm who are happy with XL size.)

To order, compile list of what you want to order (frame, motor, battery, wheelset, other parts…) and email Melody ([email protected]) for quote. After confirming shipping etc., you can then pay with PayPal.

The most important thing is to do some deep research through various threads here covering other people’s builds, and compile list of what you need. It will be a much smoother ordering process if you are 99% sure of what you want to order from Dengfu. 👍

Kyokushin

Mar 28, 2021
Sol
I use 12A Frimware (CRX10NC4812i142015.5)

Exactly when the motor heats up, the protection works to not allow the current draw to rise. This would also prevent more heat.

But this is my problem with this engine, that it cannot withstand working under high pressure for a long time, but i think this problem has been solved with the new motor M510.

i noticed something simiar on 15A and 18A (46.7) firmwares from M600.
Have you noticed that on 15.8 13A from M500?

i may be wrong but i have a feeling on 13A 15.8 had no such effect - worth testing.

SchadowMaster

Aug 12, 2021
Germany
I’m also 183cm and went with a Large E10 (still on its way). Also gloss finish, as I’m happy not to need to paint at the start. (I have also seen on the forums a few people 183+ cm who are happy with XL size.)

To order, compile list of what you want to order (frame, motor, battery, wheelset, other parts…) and email Melody ([email protected]) for quote. After confirming shipping etc., you can then pay with PayPal.

The most important thing is to do some deep research through various threads here covering other people’s builds, and compile list of what you need. It will be a much smoother ordering process if you are 99% sure of what you want to order from Dengfu. 👍
Thanks for the great tips!
Do you know if they sell bafang m510 motor?
I will definitely email them when my list is complete. 🙂

SchadowMaster

Aug 12, 2021
Germany
i noticed something simiar on 15A and 18A (46.7) firmwares from M600.
Have you noticed that on 15.8 13A from M500?

i may be wrong but i have a feeling on 13A 15.8 had no such effect - worth testing.
The problem with 13A Firmware is that you feel there is resistance and you need more muscle strength to cycle.
Maybe 13 A a little stronger than 12 A, but the resistance itself is present, and it takes more muscular effort to get this increase in electrical energy.
It didn't suit me so I haven't tested it for a long time. I don't know if there are heat issues.

captainhightop

Feb 26, 2021
UK
Just adding my experience:
I'm 178cm and L was too big
M was in the Goldilocks zone for me - just right! With a dropper at its lowest I can easily put both feet on the floor. I've got fairly short legs (30inch inside leg).

36T is pretty good for chainring for me, but I like spinning the cranks quite fast (around 95 cadence).

SchadowMaster

Aug 12, 2021
Germany
Just adding my experience:
I'm 178cm and L was too big
M was in the Goldilocks zone for me - just right! With a dropper at its lowest I can easily put both feet on the floor. I've got fairly short legs (30inch inside leg).

36T is pretty good for chainring for me, but I like spinning the cranks quite fast (around 95 cadence).
Thanks for sharing your experience with us.
What is your bike's wheel size?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles