Bafang m510

Puschtrale

Jan 19, 2021
Dobbiaco
which of these guard and cover will fit the M510?

View attachment 82660
For the Dengfu e10 it should be these.

Screenshot_20220222_145106_com.alibaba.intl.android.apps.poseidon.jpg

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
The FP G520A is an aluminium weld in engine mounting, if you have an E10 then you won't need this.

Incidentally if anyone wants a G520A mounting to weld into a frame ( I was going to convert my Ali frame but needed the FPG510 ) I have one and would be quite happy to move it on.

Last edited:

Seqlat

Apr 18, 2021
PL/DE
I received a message that the M510 engine has entered mass production and will be available for sale in Europe in April / May

savas

Oct 16, 2018
sofia
there is a facebook group for m500 m510 and 600 the owner of tosa posts there from time to time.Probably we should ask ;)
To be honest i am pretty happy with my firmware which is already from spring last year.Right now i am building for a friend a bike with stock motor from dengfu.Interested to see the difference.But yea tosa can reprogram motors amd they are testing all the time.Unfortunatelly they do not post their firmwares, man need to send the motor.

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
there is a facebook group for m500 m510 and 600 the owner of tosa posts there from time to time.Probably we should ask ;)
To be honest i am pretty happy with my firmware which is already from spring last year.Right now i am building for a friend a bike with stock motor from dengfu.Interested to see the difference.But yea tosa can reprogram motors amd they are testing all the time.Unfortunatelly they do not post their firmwares, man need to send the motor.
Thanks for the input! Ficorama contacted Tosa, as You mentioned You need to send the Motor and Display to get the firmware flashed. I‘m also Member of the FB group You mentioned. Would be great to convince the guys to share the file…

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
Thanks for the input! Ficorama contacted Tosa, as You mentioned You need to send the Motor and Display to get the firmware flashed. I‘m also Member of the FB group You mentioned. Would be great to convince the guys to share the file…
It is their "added value", i doubt they share it free

Vsoria

Feb 12, 2022
Zaragoza
The m510 motor will be compatible with btf03 and btf04 batteries just like the m500. In the bafang catalog the m510 comes out with the btf012 battery and the battery measurements are different

ficorama

Oct 9, 2021
Croatia
The m510 motor will be compatible with btf03 and btf04 batteries just like the m500. In the bafang catalog the m510 comes out with the btf012 battery and the battery measurements are different
the battery depends on the frame you are using.

Mar 4, 2022
USA
I ordered a M510 yesterday via Chili Shen / Alibaba. ETA by 20th of March.

Would you be willing to drop a link to your seller? Also, does anyone have a higher resolution of the technical specs CAD files for the m510/500 than the ones posted earlier? I'm having a Ti frame built and I need the specs to pass onto the builder.

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
Mar 4, 2022
USA
You just need to find a belt drive chainwheel for 104 BCD. And You need a chainstay that can be splitted, because the belt can not.

View attachment 83488
Thanks everyone! Yeah, I am aware that I need a splitable chainstay, I'm having a custom frame built up for this. I found this intergration guide from Gates later in my search which shows compatibility across several bafang motor and hub pairs: https://www.gatescarbondrive.com/~/media/files/gcd/ebike-manuals/gates-cd-ebike-manual-en.pdf?la=en

@thaeber would you mind posting a link to which alibaba store you purchased your M510 from?

Puschtrale

Jan 19, 2021
Dobbiaco
Thanks everyone! Yeah, I am aware that I need a splitable chainstay, I'm having a custom frame built up for this. I found this intergration guide from Gates later in my search which shows compatibility across several bafang motor and hub pairs: https://www.gatescarbondrive.com/~/media/files/gcd/ebike-manuals/gates-cd-ebike-manual-en.pdf?la=en

@thaeber would you mind posting a link to which alibaba store you purchased your M510 from?
It is this shop Changzhou Victory Machinery Co., Ltd. - Electric Bike, Electric Bicycle
Chili Shen is the person you can talk to.

captainhightop

Feb 26, 2021
UK
They're certainly charging a premium for the M510, I was concerned about the "repair" I'd done to my M600 and it's potential longevity in the wet UK conditions, so I've ordered a M510 from Alibaba last week and mine has apparently shipped. Not sure how long it will take to get here, but I'll try and post firmware versions etc. when I get my CANBUS setup running (or get a BESST tool)

Price from Victory on Alibaba ended up being USD 779.00 (or around £600 UK). Not sure if customs will get me or not, but time will tell.

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
May be I will ordering one at some time, but i find it too expensive for the moment. but this dealer seem good contact for up to date products.

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
For EU people i constate a biggest differncy between Euro price and in pound ? lot off more than change fees. I think that Ali apply automatically EU fees.

Have we been lied to ? to leave EU it will not be the hell promised by our benevolent rulers ? The EU is dedicated majoritally to protect the german buisness? No i can't belive it.

Vsoria

Feb 12, 2022
Zaragoza
The M510 engine is compatible with most of the products in the Bafang portfolio, such as the Intube battery, the DP E180/181 displays with a clean LED HMI, the optional enhanced color version DP C242 HMI,
((((((the hidden speed sensor with two magnetic fixing solutions))))))
and the next new Bafang application”.
M510-drive-system-251.jpg

Last edited:

rtp

Nov 21, 2021
USA
The M510 engine is compatible with most of the products in the Bafang portfolio, such as the Intube battery, the DP E180/181 displays with a clean LED HMI, the optional enhanced color version DP C242 HMI,
((((((the hidden speed sensor with two magnetic fixing solutions))))))
and the next new Bafang application”.
View attachment 85050

I've seen the DP C242 display images, but not on Bafang's site. Anyone know real details on it, including availability and # of PAS levels supported? (e.g. the 3/5/9 options or only 5)? The control pad for it at the least is an improvement over DP C240/241.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles