Bafang M500/M600 Tuning & The BESST Tool

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
48V. The firmware numbering has no logic to the running series. The 20.8 is a 15A rated firmware unlike the others
Hmm, that is true it has no logic, but recent firmwares for 48V are 46.x

Attachments

• CRX10NC4818i132046.9-28-2230-20220315.bin
    72.6 KB · Views: 150

Wellsey

Apr 16, 2022
Sussex
If anyone wants to try going back to the 46.2 firmware and see if the adjustable power levels are there. Here you go! Do let me know how you get on, as I'm on the fence whether to purchase a new controller to gain access as I'm currently on an older one.

Attachments

• CRX10NC4818i132046.2.yy-28-2230-boot3.0-93-20220927190208.bin
    72.3 KB · Views: 143

Wellsey

Apr 16, 2022
Sussex
46.2.yy version does not have power adjustments.
Bugger, there goes my plan. Is the only way to get the adjustable levels with an M600 to buy a new controller and hope it has the correct 46.2 firmware?

Can I also ask if there's anyone who's running the adjustable M600 firmware with the new DPC245 that uses the GO+ app? If so, are you able to change the levels in the app?

That was my long term plan, rather than buying a whole new motor but its probably wishful thinking!

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
There is still no app with power adjustments option. I guess Bafang will release with M560 motor.

It is small chance you will get now M600 with 46.2 - I did get them like 6 months ago.
Anyway 46.2 is limiting from 40% SOC so is useless. :( Only 420W then.

Wellsey

Apr 16, 2022
Sussex
Thanks for clearing that up.

Seems like the VESC route is looking like the most appealing route to take in that case. Just wish Luna would sell their controller seperatley!

temon10

Feb 8, 2022
Malang, Indonesia
Bugger, there goes my plan. Is the only way to get the adjustable levels with an M600 to buy a new controller and hope it has the correct 46.2 firmware?

Can I also ask if there's anyone who's running the adjustable M600 firmware with the new DPC245 that uses the GO+ app? If so, are you able to change the levels in the app?

That was my long term plan, rather than buying a whole new motor but its probably wishful thinking!
U can contact Flora Yuan from Changzhou Joyebikes. I got 46.2 controller from her. I think she still have it.

vikino1

Oct 14, 2021
Slovakia Topoľčany
I tried to use this FW of yours with Beestom. I don't know what happened, but after uploading the engine remained dead, it couldn't be started at all. Dado helped me a lot. And I didn't experiment with it any more.

Cyberbob

Dec 3, 2022
Germany
I received last year from Joyebikes a m600 CR X10N.500.FC 3.2 with FW CRX10NC3625i132047.2 for 36V. I tried to modify the parameters for the speed and current limits. After uploading the new parameters nothing has changed. I requested a new firmware for the motor but received just the already installed version 47.2 which I uploaded again with BESST-Pro. Now only the highest level works. If the max PAS is 5, level 1-4 doesn't work at all (as engine is switched off). I tried to set all parameters to 100%. no change, lower levels are not working. If I keep the speed limits to 100%, I can modify the current limits and everything works somehow as it should.
After some tests for driving in the city 5% on level 1 is sufficient for me. I believe it supports with much more than 5%, especially if you accelerate from low speed until you go faster with approx. 20km/h, e.g. after a red light. Than the motor will reduce the current to 2-3A or less. Offroad I use much more power. Any ideas what goes wrong? If I try to reduce the speed limit parameter to 99% or less this level doesn't work at all. For me this is a bug and I try to discuss this next week with an engineer from the Bafang Service Center in Poland. Does anybody has experience with it?
I used to drive a BIONX engine with 350W and was quite happy with the smooth control of the motor which was perfect for the city but not for the mountains. The Bafang m600 is like riding a wild horse, it accelerate very fast and it is like driving a motorbike, which most of you might like very much.
If I try to calibrate the torque sensor I don't get any response from BESST. Is this normal? Also the position sensor calibration never finish (it starts to turn the wheel, stops but the tool still shows "Please wait"). Manual test of the torque sensor shows changes if I push the pedal (e.g. from 750 to 880).

Last edited:

eugene8

Nov 12, 2022
mainland
I received last year from Joyebikes a m600 CR X10N.500.FC 3.2 with FW CRX10NC3625i132047.2 for 36V. I tried to modify the parameters for the speed and current limits. After uploading the new parameters nothing has changed. I requested a new firmware for the motor but received just the already installed version 47.2 which I uploaded again with BESST-Pro. Now only the highest level works. If the max PAS is 5, level 1-4 doesn't work at all (as engine is switched off). I tried to set all parameters to 100%, no change, lower levels are not working. Any ideas what goes wrong?
If I try to calibrate the torque sensor I don't get any response from BESST. Is this normal? Also the position sensor calibration never finish (it starts to turn the wheel, stops but the tool still shows "Please wait"). Manual test of the torque sensor shows changes if I push the pedal (e.g. from 750 to 880).
I should contact the Bafang Service center in Poland. Does anybody has experience with it?
do you mind sharing the file?

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
First firmware flash on the road. ;) Maybe also first time out of BESST tool.

For now compatible with M500 M510 and M600. (M620 soon and I guess it is compatible with M560 even now)

raggertje

Jan 24, 2023
The Netherlands
Hi, I own a M600 48V running it with a 52V battery. With the LVC at 20% I won’t be able to discharge the battery fully to 38V. I did saw the FW ‘experimental 48v25a (38v lvc)’ posted by ornias. Anyone experience with this FW? Is there another solution like running a 42V FW?

Kyokushin

Mar 28, 2021
Sol
Hi, I own a M600 48V running it with a 52V battery. With the LVC at 20% I won’t be able to discharge the battery fully to 38V. I did saw the FW ‘experimental 48v25a (38v lvc)’ posted by ornias. Anyone experience with this FW? Is there another solution like running a 42V FW?

None of experimental f/w is working. Don't use it.

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava

You dont have much options. That 25A firmwares are not working fine.

Flash 43V firmware - just you wont get correct battery percentage then. And I doubt 43V firmware would take 52V battery. (only 48V).

I was asking many times Bafang to set lover LVC but they refusing and still just bullshits, it is a safety for battery... I dont care about their safety, I have my own battery (not Bafang battery) and up to me how far I want to discharge my battery. I dont care about life span, changing ebike every 2 years.

And more over, it is really catastrophic depth of discharge. When limiting starts (M600 at 30% usually) I measure battery and has cca 48V! When I discharge to 10% - has still 44V. Going down to 2.9V per cell is completely fine.

Kyokushin

Mar 28, 2021
Sol
Here is my comparison with 46.6 fw (Mainly against Luna 14.6)

= more agressive ramp up/down , but not as violent as on 46.7
= stop after propelling in 1-2 seconds, which is OK. Depend on PAS level used.
= going uphill is more fun then Luna fw, but calories burned (at least value from computer) is less on Bafang fw.

I added calories burned and avg speed value, to compare for future tests as well.

Only downside i found on 46.6 fw is range calculation, which is varying a lot. looks like strongly depend on battery V/temperature and is not relevant. Recovery rate is much more then other fw. (luna, bafang 46.7+)

Luna fw looks like very eco oriented, good for people who want:
- use own "manpower" for propelling as high as possible
- for distance gaining
- for difficult terrain, where adhesion is more important than just pure power

myself i prefer 46.6 more to fit my style.

I will recompare with longer circuit to zero battery, but this need higher parts out of snow, so i must wait a bit.

View attachment 82029
Have you tried the 46.9?
In your opinion the L5 on 46.7 weaker than on 14.6 or stronger?

Anyone tested when power is starting to be reduced on 46.9? (its also 30% or different?)

keyne

May 30, 2023
New Zealand
I have attached the revision earlier in this thread. It is looks like it has set L1 at 15% power and then 35 55 75 100.
Kiwitourer, how does the new firmware version effect throttle input, is it still limited by the PAS setting or does it give 100% in all settings?

kiwitourer

Aug 25, 2021
Wellington, New Zealand
Kiwitourer, how does the new firmware version effect throttle input, is it still limited by the PAS setting or does it give 100% in all settings?
Hi. I very rarely use the throttle but my sense is that the throttle power varies by setting. For example, I use the throttle to assist with hill starts on L1 & L2 and it is manageable and it works fine. If I use the throttle from standing start on L3 or above I get a error code (21 - I recall) and the bike needs to restarted. I can use the throttle fine on L3-5 when I am moving on the flat.

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
I confirm that throttle settings are function of PAS setting. I use throttle for walk mode, It more easy to use it in PAS 1 with lower acceleration (less intrusive, easily dosed, more efficient)

Dado

Jun 28, 2022
Bratislava
Are we talking about new M600? With 46.3 or 46.4 is throttle still on full power (as it should be). But will confirm, as was trying these firmwares long time ago.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles