(Another) orbea rise sizing question…

scourge

Oct 11, 2022
St. Louis, MO USA
It's always a great feeling when you can find a bike that fits perfect. Unfortunately, I'm right between large and XL for the Rise. I think I could do the reach on the large if the seat angle weren't so steep. And I think the steep seat angle is a good thing, but I'll be too cramped on it. The reach on the XL looks good but then the seat tube length goes from 457mm on the large to an insane 508mm on the XL. That's crazy, and it probably means I need to run a really short dropper post. I haven't done all the math yet, but if I can't fit on at least a 150mm post on there, I'm out on the Rise. I'm not compromising to go shorter than that. And it sucks because I just don't get why the need for such a long seat tube. I had a Marin Rift Zone that had a longer reach and slacker seat tube than the Rise and it still had a 430mm seat tube length on the XL. Sucks for me, but I am glad it is working out well for you guys. I just haven't figured out if I can make it work, or if I need to look elsewhere.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles