'22 Orbea Rise M20 Full Custom Build

KGA109

Mar 5, 2022
Salt Lake City
Hello everyone - I'm Kevin from MTX Braking. We wanted to do a fun custom eMTB build and went with the Rise. Starting with the M20 (because it was the least-expensive) and built it up to be a little more burly than stock form.

We went with:
Size Large M20 m/y 2022

SRAM Code RSC brakeset
SRAM HS2 180/200mm rotors (figuring out the sensor magnet has been a bit of a pain with Centerlock hubs)
MTX Braking Gold Label HD brake pads

Fox 38 Factory Grip 2
Fox X2 (which by the way, it BARELY CLEARS the frame - we have a DPX2 just in case but I highly prefer the X2)

ENVE AM30 wheelset with Industry Nine Hydra hubs (keeping it local to Utah)

GX AXS drivetrain with an XTR 10-51 cassette & chain (the gear spacing of the Shimano 12-speed is my preference and the shifting action is nice)

AXS Reverb

SQ Lab grips and saddle (love them both)

OneUp handlebar & 35mm stem with EDC tool

Garmin Edge 830 for the display panel (which was a bit of a hassle setting up RS Toolbox but finally figured it out)

We will have Stikrd do some custom MTX aqua-colored decals for us, and the brake lines need to be shortened more, plus other odds and ends, but its close.

I’ve already pulled some helpful info from this forum and am glad to be a part of the group.

Kevin / MTX

IMG_7998.jpg

Chicane

Nov 11, 2020
SoCal
Quality build. I’m running your red label front/ rear on my M10. 203/180. At 500 miles I still have tons of life left in the rear pads. You running gold on the rear?

KGA109

Mar 5, 2022
Salt Lake City
Quality build. I’m running your red label front/ rear on my M10. 203/180. At 500 miles I still have tons of life left in the rear pads. You running gold on the rear?

That's awesome; thanks. You should get 800-1000 miles on the Gold, give or take (a lot of variables).

I will swap Gold to Red quite a bit I'm sure; I want to see how much the Red can be pushed on a "light" eMTB (although this won't be on the lighter side of the typical Rise, I'm guessing.)

ebsocalmtb

Sep 29, 2021
Southern-Cal
I'm reasonably sure that the X2 will hit the bottom of the top tube at bottom out. FWIW, this frame flexes A LOT if you are a hard charging rider. I would not count on close tolerances and clearances staying close under extreme pressure/bottom out.

KGA109

Mar 5, 2022
Salt Lake City
I'm reasonably sure that the X2 will hit the bottom of the top tube at bottom out. FWIW, this frame flexes A LOT if you are a hard charging rider. I would not count on close tolerances and clearances staying close under extreme pressure/bottom out.

Yep you're right - its way too close. Time for Plan B I guess - we have a DPX2 on it now, but may go another route to better match the 38 up front.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles