Orbea Rise Custom M10

Gyre

Jan 25, 2021
Pasadena, CA
Just saw these in person for the first time yesterday. Looks very much fit to be ridden like a regular MTB. I'm very glad to have my Wild with a potentially ridiculous amount of battery power/range on tap, but I can really see the appeal of this.

MTB_MIKE

Dec 20, 2019
Southern California, USA
SLX Cassette sticks out like a sore thumb on an otherwise very blinggy build.
First thing I’d do is up the fork to 160mm and change the shock out from a 210x55 to 216x63 and run the Bike as a Mullet setup which gives you approx 162mm out back.

DanMcDan

Mar 18, 2021
Torquay
SLX Cassette sticks out like a sore thumb on an otherwise very blinggy build.
First thing I’d do is up the fork to 160mm and change the shock out from a 210x55 to 216x63 and run the Bike as a Mullet setup which gives you approx 162mm out back.
I’m running a 210x60 and it’s all good

fenwick458

Oct 6, 2020
Cumbria
I kind of had no choice as I am 6 foot 4
Personally if I was 6 foot I would of still brought a xl

I completely understand you; I'm same height and I have never found a bike that is too long or big for me.
it seems annoying that all my friends (M or L)can just upsize and get a bike thats more stable at speed but I have no choice it's just XL all the way.

Bigkatoomer

Feb 25, 2021
Surrey, England
Had mine a month in UK South East. Was in stock at ebikeshop, so drove over and fetched it. Only Rise they had, XL, in white. They said they had a delayed shipment due if I wanted to wait for more colours etc, but I care little for aesthetics.

I'm 6'4", and it fits very well. I run 85psi and only a touch of compression and rebound. I've some more volume spacers at the ready as I want the plushness for the trail, but don't want to run out of travel for the dropoffs. Haven't tried them yet.

Fitted a Hope 220mm front disc, as the 180 up front wasn't cutting it. £50 and 5minute job. 221g including adapter Vs 123g for 180mm Galfer. I'm happy with that tradeoff.

Deathgrips is my only other tweak.

Links to my Garmin edge (clunky setup) so no extra display needed as I always take the Garmin.

That ep8 rattle - yes it's there if you're looking for it, and if mine were the only bike making that noise, maybe it would bother me, but if it's 'by design', it's soon forgotten.

On my home scales my M10 with standard tyres and pedals weighs 19.4kg. But I wouldn't swear by my home scales.

Standard tyres are ok enough for British winter, my winter tyres are with ebikeshop who will post them when the range extender arrives. However, as the trails dry, these lighter tyres are doing better. I'm no expert though, and I don't ride that hard and the trails have few square edges and sharp rocks.

Those with this bike on order, honestly, this bike is stunning and I am smiling and whooping all the way through the trails like a mad man, it's the ultimate cheat. A MTB with all the boring hard work bits removed.

I also ride with my analogue mates, and this works very well, quiet motor when alongside for climbs and for challenging you to work a little harder yourself.

Looking forward to the review Rob. See you Swinley or Peaslake one day soon.

Edit: should have mentioned I had to send my dpx2 rear shock to Fox last week for excess weeping. Hopefully have it back next week. No other issues in 200km.

20210215_171222.jpg

20210223_131258.jpg

Last edited:

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
Had mine a month in UK South East. Was in stock at ebikeshop, so drove over and fetched it. Only Rise they had, XL, in white. They said they had a delayed shipment due if I wanted to wait for more colours etc, but I care little for aesthetics.

I'm 6'4", and it fits very well. I run 85psi and only a touch of compression and rebound. I've some more volume spacers at the ready as I want the plushness for the trail, but don't want to run out of travel for the dropoffs. Haven't tried them yet.

Fitted a Hope 230mm front disc, as the 180 up front wasn't cutting it. £50 and 5minute job. 221g including adapter Vs 123g for 180mm Galfer. I'm happy with that tradeoff.

Deathgrips is my only other tweak.

Links to my Garmin edge (clunky setup) so no extra display needed as I always take the Garmin.

That ep8 rattle - yes it's there if you're looking for it, and if mine were the only bike making that noise, maybe it would bother me, but if it's 'by design', it's soon forgotten.

On my home scales my M10 with standard tyres and pedals weighs 19.4kg. But I wouldn't swear by my home scales.

Standard tyres are ok enough for British winter, my winter tyres are with ebikeshop who will post them when the range extender arrives. However, as the trails dry, these lighter tyres are doing better. I'm no expert though, and I don't ride that hard and the trails have few square edges and sharp rocks.

Those with this bike on order, honestly, this bike is stunning and I am smiling and whooping all the way through the trails like a mad man, it's the ultimate cheat. A MTB with all the boring hard work bits removed.

I also ride with my analogue mates, and this works very well, quiet motor when alongside for climbs and for challenging you to work a little harder yourself.

Looking forward to the review Rob. See you Swinley or Peaslake one day soon.

Edit: should have mentioned I had to send my dpx2 rear shock to Fox last week for excess weeping. Hopefully have it back next week. No other issues in 200km.

View attachment 56198

View attachment 56199

Cheers for the review mate

b45her

Dec 1, 2019
wales
Is Orbea prioritizing specific countries for delivery? How can you order today and get it on the 30th? I'm assuming you mean the 30th of this month and not the 30th of this month next year?

I ordered mine in October. Won't be delivered to Calgary until July :(
because bike shops preorderd stock months ago, we then sell off the pre orders. simples.

b45her

Dec 1, 2019
wales
Is Orbea prioritizing specific countries for delivery? How can you order today and get it on the 30th? I'm assuming you mean the 30th of this month and not the 30th of this month next year?

I ordered mine in October. Won't be delivered to Calgary until July :(
if it makes you feel better i ordered mine a week before they were released to the public and still have to wait until july, will just have to settle for m wild M-ltd until then ;)

ReVolt

Jun 10, 2019
London
Can’t wait to get out properly on mine. Have a lot of content planned with with this bike!
Will be interested to hear how you set up the suspension Rob and if you swap out any related components - I’ve an M10 and roughly the same height/weight as you give or take ?

Steve G H

Nov 22, 2020
Sleaford
Great bikes , love riding mine . Interesting what Bigka toomer says about excessive weeping from the rear shock , noticed mine seems to have alot of lubricant on the shaft after a ride , but it's working really well . I'll keep an eye on it .

Bigkatoomer

Feb 25, 2021
Surrey, England
One thing I didn't mention that is questioned a lot is range. I hear a lot of Youtube reviewers demanding from manufacturers bigger and bigger batteries, and that obviously comes at a significant weight penalty. Clearly the goal is to have 'just enough' juice for every ride.

Here's my experience:
I weigh 75KG kitted up. 6'4" on XL. Bike is an M10. I live in the UK and ride muddy trails, hills and forests, not jump parks. I like to head out on it for an hour during the week for a blast, and then do 2-3hrs on the odd weekend on trails with friends. Most important for me is that the bike is light and fun and 'poppy'.

An hours heavy blast of 13km will cost me 30% of my inbuilt battery if I boost through the hills to get to the fun stuff and keep boosting back to the top a jump run. Gloopy mud. That is the highest usage.

25km for 2 hours (moving time) at Swinley trail park, riding with an analogue mate (thus slower) used 45% of main battery. Also, as you can see from the chart, sometimes I'm riding with the motor off. That is probably the key benefit of lightweight ebikes - The impact of a flat battery is not nearly as significant - It's not as if you're stranded. What will inevitably happen for the huge rides is as your anxiety for running out of juice increases, you'll put more effort in and increase the range.

I have the range extender on order, and thus could theoretically get 7h+ riding in a day, which is more than enough for me. I imagine riding with FF ebikes would dent that range significantly.

So for me, I'm very glad to only have a 360wh. In fact, I'd be happy if it were a touch smaller and can only imagine needing that range extender for those rare mammoth days. Also, the range extenders I've heard are compact and only 1.4kg or so and £450 in UK. Seems pretty reasonable to have a second in a rucksack if you're frequently traversing the Scottish highlands in a day.

Just my use-case, and hopefully useful to others wondering about range.

Key for graph:
3-Boost
2-Trail
1-Eco
Below 1 - Off

Screenshot_20210322-112021_Connect.jpg

Bike&Beer

Jan 2, 2021
Surrey
One thing I didn't mention that is questioned a lot is range. I hear a lot of Youtube reviewers demanding from manufacturers bigger and bigger batteries, and that obviously comes at a significant weight penalty. Clearly the goal is to have 'just enough' juice for every ride.

Here's my experience:
I weigh 75KG kitted up. 6'4" on XL. Bike is an M10. I live in the UK and ride muddy trails, hills and forests, not jump parks. I like to head out on it for an hour during the week for a blast, and then do 2-3hrs on the odd weekend on trails with friends. Most important for me is that the bike is light and fun and 'poppy'.

An hours heavy blast of 13km will cost me 30% of my inbuilt battery if I boost through the hills to get to the fun stuff and keep boosting back to the top a jump run. Gloopy mud. That is the highest usage.

25km for 2 hours (moving time) at Swinley trail park, riding with an analogue mate (thus slower) used 45% of main battery. Also, as you can see from the chart, sometimes I'm riding with the motor off. That is probably the key benefit of lightweight ebikes - The impact of a flat battery is not nearly as significant - It's not as if you're stranded. What will inevitably happen for the huge rides is as your anxiety for running out of juice increases, you'll put more effort in and increase the range.

I have the range extender on order, and thus could theoretically get 7h+ riding in a day, which is more than enough for me. I imagine riding with FF ebikes would dent that range significantly.

So for me, I'm very glad to only have a 360wh. In fact, I'd be happy if it were a touch smaller and can only imagine needing that range extender for those rare mammoth days. Also, the range extenders I've heard are compact and only 1.4kg or so and £450 in UK. Seems pretty reasonable to have a second in a rucksack if you're frequently traversing the Scottish highlands in a day.

Just my use-case, and hopefully useful to others wondering about range.

Key for graph:
3-Boost
2-Trail
1-Eco
Below 1 - Off

View attachment 56355
Totally agree that the modular battery system is a perfect answer for those of us that mostly do shorter rides. I also think it’s interesting that a few years ago an E7000 was a full fat bike and now an EP8 RS is considered lightweight (but they have the same torque).

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
Totally agree that the modular battery system is a perfect answer for those of us that mostly do shorter rides. I also think it’s interesting that a few years ago an E7000 was a full fat bike and now an EP8 RS is considered lightweight (but they have the same torque).

Technically the EP8 RS has 40% more torque (mechanically capable) despite the software limits, but I get your point.

PhilS

Mar 1, 2021
UK
Hello, what shock do yopu use? i am searching for a Fox Float x2 210x60 cant find one.

You could try 216x63 with a 3mm top out spacer added and a 3mm offset bush to get 210x60. I had a DHX2 altered in a similar way on my old bike.

PhilS

Mar 1, 2021
UK
ok thank you, that sounds good. does the x2 with offset bushings fit into the large frame?

I saw an X2 fitted to a Large on the Rise Owners facebook group, he said it cleared the frame, but don't think any offset bushes were used.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles