Orbea Rise Custom M10

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
Just watched it Mike
Cheers for sharing great video I have the same bike and am figuring out future upgrades and idea so this is great cheers

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Here is my review of the Mullet 160/160 Rise.
64deg Ht, 337mm BB. Enjoy!!

A lovely looking bike. There’s no way I could ride with a motor that sounds like me shaking my tool box when coming down hills though.

MTB_MIKE

Dec 20, 2019
Southern California, USA
A lovely looking bike. There’s no way I could ride with a motor that sounds like me shaking my tool box when coming down hills though.

The problem is please help me find me a 40lb Ebike that hangs with Full Fat Ebikes uphill and have the same effective range as a 630/700wh bike without needing a range extender that looks as good and performs Like a mini Enduro bike downhill.

I think Bosch has a slight rattle as well. The funny thing is you hear it at the very beginning of the descent and after 10-15 seconds, it’s not noticeable anymore after that. Not sure if it’s the speeds or u tune it out.

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
The noise doesn’t bother me at all either

I had a Levo sl before the rise I loved this bike but sold it purely due to the motor noise

Different people can Tolerate different noises I guess sl motor noise killed me but the orbea rattle doesn’t worry me at all

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
The problem is please help me find me a 40lb Ebike that hangs with Full Fat Ebikes uphill and have the same effective range as a 630/700wh bike without needing a range extender that looks as good and performs Like a mini Enduro bike downhill.

I think Bosch has a slight rattle as well. The funny thing is you hear it at the very beginning of the descent and after 10-15 seconds, it’s not noticeable anymore after that. Not sure if it’s the speeds or u tune it out.

I had a Trek Rail 9.9, and the rattle on that was awful.

I had a Levo sl before the rise I loved this bike but sold it purely due to the motor noise

Different people can Tolerate different noises I guess sl motor noise killed me but the orbea rattle doesn’t worry me at all

I’m the opposite. The whine of the SL motor doesn’t really bother me, but the rattling really does.

I use the same technique that I use with my wife....selective hearing loss. I tune it right out.

I can do that with my Timberbell ringing... but can’t seem to do it with the clattering! I usually ride with earphone in at low volume to help tune out.

MTB_MIKE

Dec 20, 2019
Southern California, USA
I had a Trek Rail 9.9, and the rattle on that was awful.

I’m the opposite. The whine of the SL motor doesn’t really bother me, but the rattling really does.

I can do that with my Timberbell ringing... but can’t seem to do it with the clattering! I usually ride with earphone in at low volume to help tune out.

I guess the bottom line is there is no such thing as the Perfect Bike. There’s always something each bike is better at and something each bike is worse at. But we are all living in a time with bikes that can take us up the mountain with ease and tons of fun downhill regardless of which Ebike you are on!!! Cheers!!

kragu

Mar 23, 2021
Los Angeles
I think complaints about the rattle are overblown. Mines prett audible, but it’s only annoying if you’re listening for it. You can hear my tires (and don’t mind the creaky pivot axle which has since been silenced) more than the rattle in this vid:

https://youtu.be/iMyEEivuTUA

Jcolborn48

Apr 13, 2020
California
Is Orbea prioritizing specific countries for delivery? How can you order today and get it on the 30th? I'm assuming you mean the 30th of this month and not the 30th of this month next year?

I ordered mine in October. Won't be delivered to Calgary until July :(
Same here... I ordered mine in November and I've been told July 24th for delivery to California.

Bigtuna00

Nov 27, 2019
CA
Levo does the same thing, turns the TCU on if you run it backwards. Seems a bit scary to be honest, one would think having the bike off would actually leave it off...

Lawsoc

Apr 27, 2021
U.K

How do you find rise in comparison to SL I also had SL and have Levo expert. Miss having a lightweight bike so considering Rise but struggling to get a demo ride. Does rise feel notably more powerful on the uphills ? Thanks

RickBullotta

Jun 5, 2019
USA
How do you find rise in comparison to SL I also had SL and have Levo expert. Miss having a lightweight bike so considering Rise but struggling to get a demo ride. Does rise feel notably more powerful on the uphills ? Thanks

Rise has plenty of power and noticeably more than the SL. I haven’t felt the need for more boost yet.

soundwave

May 13, 2020
Helsinki, Finland
I haven’t found any steep enough tracks yet where the Rise boost has not been enough. When I demoed the SL those were easy to find. In my opinion the Rise’s balance between power and weight is 100% spot on.

BobR

Apr 14, 2021
Florida
I haven’t found any steep enough tracks yet where the Rise boost has not been enough. When I demoed the SL those were easy to find. In my opinion the Rise’s balance between power and weight is 100% spot on.
The 4X of the FF comes at a price of 12lbs to 15lbs making the feel of the Rise at 3X almost the same from an assist point.

kragu

Mar 23, 2021
Los Angeles
The 4X of the FF comes at a price of 12lbs to 15lbs making the feel of the Rise at 3X almost the same from an assist point.

Not even close. Have you done a big day with other dudes on FF bikes? You’re either working your ass off to keep up or your range takes a big hit. It’s better than an SL but not almost the same as a FF over a long ride.

BobR

Apr 14, 2021
Florida
Not even close. Have you done a big day with other dudes on FF bikes? You’re either working your ass off to keep up or your range takes a big hit. It’s better than an SL but not almost the same as a FF over a long ride.
I actually have... it does matter what your fitness is for sure and with the guys I have ridden with, they are close accept for the steepest climbs. The FF gives those guys the ability to do things that they certainly could not do on an analog for sure...

kragu

Mar 23, 2021
Los Angeles
I actually have... it does matter what your fitness is for sure and with the guys I have ridden with, they are close accept for the steepest climbs. The FF gives those guys the ability to do things that they certainly could not do on an analog for sure...

I’m fitter than most guys I ride with, certainly a higher percentage of those on ebikes. They want to boost around all day, and I need to be in boost to keep up. Range on a full boost day is only like 3600 feet, which is only an hour and a half where I’m riding. They’re good for another 2k after my battery is toast. Unless I’m on a time crunch ride, I generally don’t bother riding E unless I’m gonna go 5k+.

I didn’t buy the Rise to ride with that crowd, knowing full well that a smaller battery and a detuned motor means that they either have to chill or I’m riding solo or with SL friends. I guess YMMV, but in my experience, 25nm does not equal 10lbs.

For reference, I’m 170lb with gear, and my M10 weighs about 43lb. Pretty much stock except for tires and Cush Core rear. Probably about 600g over the stock build.

ReVolt

Jun 10, 2019
London
I think complaints about the rattle are overblown. Mines prett audible, but it’s only annoying if you’re listening for it. You can hear my tires (and don’t mind the creaky pivot axle which has since been silenced) more than the rattle in this vid:

As a matter of interest how did you clear the creaky axle ? Mine is very creaky indeed !

kragu

Mar 23, 2021
Los Angeles
As a matter of interest how did you clear the creaky axle ? Mine is very creaky indeed !

Pulled apart the whole linkage and greased everything. Also pulled seals off bearings and stuffed with marine grease. Don’t forget to use that purple tool to set preload on the axle.

Random pics of the job in no particular order...

63936771659__0EAAF559-AD0F-4665-B30C-15F33D1B9E70.jpg

IMG_4673.jpg

63936733483__49816729-1B10-4D64-8945-3E2D75C207C8.jpg

63936850726__B14E29F2-5F5E-49C9-8A85-25CCB61C79B0.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles