Orbea Rise 2021 M20 motor errors!

CrunchBytes

Subscriber
Oct 7, 2021
Warwick, UK
Have had my Rise for literally just over 2 years now, so out of warranty. I have never modded the motor, never power washed it, but tonight on the way to the pub I saw the little LEDs both flash red. I switched the bike off, had a couple of drinks and headed home. Bike worked fine until 400m from home (2.5mi) and then went flashing red again with zero assist.
When I got home, checked the error log with the shimano app:
Seeing E01020 errors x3, and one W10300 error.
Both sound terminal! Bike has done around 2300mi (if that!)
Is there anything I can do, or do I need to order a new motor? (Eeek!)
Or can I (in U.K.) claim ‘not fit for purpose’ as you would reasonably expect a motor to last more than 2.1 years!

mascifm

Aug 23, 2021
Maine
Had the same issue a year ago. Had the bike in for warranty and they replaced the motor. I think it;'s a bug that they'fixed with the replacement and new motors.
Good luck

CrunchBytes

Subscriber
Oct 7, 2021
Warwick, UK
Motor replaced with 100% discount to me, so FOC (apart from LBS costs as these aren’t covered, which I don’t mind at all). Have been assured I now have a new 2yr warranty with this new motor. With many thanks to my LBS, Atkins Cycles of Leamington Spa, for arguing my case and sorting this for me.
Only thing missing: the blue RS badge on the motor :-( However, a happy outcome overall.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles