2024 Strive:ON

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
Guys, has anyone figured out a good option for a rear mudguard/fender for Strive:ON?
That mud building up in the back is killing me :)
I'm considering this one, but only because I don't like the unsightly huge things that you can get.

It's pretty small though, so I'm not sure if it'll provide the amount of coverage that you're after.

Shame Canyon don't fit a cool little one like on the Torque:On.

Crush

Jun 22, 2018
Australia
Hey Rob - or anyone else - is it possible to run a 29 with a 2.4-5 on the rear? I’m tall and really prefer riding a full 29er.

Jdog

Patreon
Jun 4, 2019
Surrey, UK
Hey Rob - or anyone else - is it possible to run a 29 with a 2.4-5 on the rear? I’m tall and really prefer riding a full 29er.
Nope, bike was specifically designed as a mullet.

I am sure there is a more scientific reason but I remember watching a review with Fabien Barel who said it was mullet only maybe as there is no flip chip? You may find in the next few years they'll add a flip chip as part of a new model to allow for this.

Crush

Jun 22, 2018
Australia

I am sure there is a more scientific reason but I remember watching a review with Fabien Barel who said it was mullet only maybe as there is no flip chip? You may find in the next few years they'll add a flip chip as part of a new model to allow for this.

Such a bummer! I've got a Focus Sam 2 at the moment and whilst I loved the turning in mullet mode, it shreds in 29 too and the rollover/pedal clearance was too much of a bonus to miss out on. Plus being 198cm without shoes, it's hard to want a bike smaller/shorter and give up the stability comfort.

Strike another off the list! Cheers for letting me know.

Mars2

May 16, 2023
La Ciotat France
About to leave the bike park in the Alps. Unfortunately have to go back work this afternoon. The bike is amazing. Much faster than my old Heckler. very playful when speed increase
It's the first time I can be in the back wheel of my friend with his Analog bike. He has higher level than me and normaly he was always faster than me here.

PS: On a side note my front 220mm rotor did still not get any color. 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Just kidding for the one who follow the rotor size discussion.

Jamo

Jul 25, 2020
Fife

Have you tried to fit a 29 wheel? (Sorry sounds a bit like you are answering based on what Canyon have intended it to be rather than what can actually fit in the space, hence asking the question!).

I’m interested to know this too 👍

thewanted

Apr 2, 2023
UK
Is it normal for Deore XT levers to have quite a bit of slack before the callipers bite, and then not provide much feedback when they do?

My other bike has SRAM Guide RSC levers and they are much, much better feeling than these XTs. After only one ride I'm already thinking about changing them :(

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
Is it normal for Deore XT levers to have quite a bit of slack before the callipers bite, and then not provide much feedback when they do?

My other bike has SRAM Guide RSC levers and they are much, much better feeling than these XTs. After only one ride I'm already thinking about changing them :(
Mine were quite poorly bled, so maybe that's the issue?

Jdog

Patreon
Jun 4, 2019
Surrey, UK
Have you tried to fit a 29 wheel? (Sorry sounds a bit like you are answering based on what Canyon have intended it to be rather than what can actually fit in the space, hence asking the question!).

I’m interested to know this too 👍
I haven't physically tried to fit a 29er as I'm a bit old school in that if a bike manufacture says it's 27.5 only I believe them. To be fair my Rail was 29er both ends and I loved it but I don't think 29 would suit the Strive as the geo is spot on and that changes everything.

I don't have a 29er to test but I measured the seat stay and chain stay clearance, it'll comfortably fit at 29er at the seat stay but the chain stay has at most 0.8 inch clearance which is very tight to be adding 0.75 inch more wheel (27.5 to 29 extra 1.5 inch divide by 1/2 = 0.75 inch) based on the clearance I'd say it won't take a 29er at the rear.

@Rob Rides EMTB will have a 29er handy, maybe he'll test and confirm?

Bob23

Jul 20, 2023
Switzerland
While I'm waiting for my Strive:0n CFR, I'm thinking through the chainring options.
I'm assuming the chainline is 52mm, at 12 speed?
Does anyone know, if there is enough space for a 38 t chainring?

Thank you for your inputs!

Greetings from Switzerland

Mario Antony

May 5, 2023
Portugal
in: Randoms Round 2 - Crankworx Whistler 2023 - Pinkbike

shittylittlefucker.jpg

hubertsk

May 24, 2023
Gdansk, Poland
Has anyone already changed the chain?
Mine measured >75% wear after 450 km, which is crazy fast.
I'm using wax-based chain lube (UFO Drip), which I find great on my other bikes.

IMG_6934.jpeg

Winryn

Nov 10, 2019
Shropshire
Blimey, is that a normal amount of stretch for an ebike then?
I did 2700 miles on my last ebike (first chain). But then I’ve never purchased a chain measuring tool before. Luckily Deore chains are on offer at £11.99 at chain reaction at the moment so ordered a few

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
I did 2700 miles on my last ebike (first chain). But then I’ve never purchased a chain measuring tool before. Luckily Deore chains are on offer at £11.99 at chain reaction at the moment so ordered a few
You did 2700 miles on one chain? On an ebike?

Last edited:

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Its not a bout the lube.............my mate just uses 3 in 1 oil and gets loads of miles from a chain...........it is about the cleaning. a chain actually needs very little lube to prevent wear but definitely needs the grit and dust removed regularly. It also helps of course to back off momentarilly when changing gear and avoid using the extremes of the cassette unless a bsolutely necessary. Chain line beyond the middle 6 gearsof a 12 speed cassette is extreme

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
Yes but when it started slipping the cassette was finished too. I figured this time I should take more care and prolong the cassette life but I’m wondering if ignorance is bliss 😂
I remember never servicing anything when I was a kid. It never even occurred to us.

I'd change brake blocks and fiddle endlessly with the positioning of my Magura HS33's, but I never bled them. I'd change a gear cable when it was knackered and oil the chain, but the chain was mostly filthy and I don't recall cleaning the bike very often. Still, I never replaced the chain ever, nor the cassette. I only replaced the front chairing because I added a bash guard and needed something smaller up front.

The forks never got a service, either. Nor did they get set up with any level of precision. Just wound off fully for max plushness and occasionally tightened up for climbs or trials.

I'm not sure if it was an air or coil fork though. (Marzocchi Bomber 3.5)

I also don't recall greasing headset bearings or doing much else. I did, however, run two inner tubes in each tyre, to prevent pinch flats. Must've weighed a ton!

I bet if I could re-create that bike now there's no way I could do what I used to do on it. 🤣

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles