2023 Pivot Shuttle SL - Super Light

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
IMO 42 to 46 would not be super light! SL should be < 38. It could be that you should not expect a SL enduro until there is upgraded battery technology. I have a carbon Rise and am satisfied that it is a light trail/all mountain SL at 38 ponds without the extender. I am hoping the Pivot Shuttle SL will beat that but who knows.

We know the weight of the battery and motor and you can see what parts come on that Pivot Shuttle SL. I would be shocked if it weighed 38lbs with EXO+ tires and a coil shock like you hope.

One of the guys I work with has a medium carbon Rise with a coil shock and a 160mm Zeb and EXO+ casing tires and the bike weighs 44lbs with pedals.

Cyclopath1000

Apr 26, 2019
Davis Ca
Well my buddy Neal got a carbon rise and it's weight is 38lbs. Yes no coil. A dvo coil would add a lb. But yes to weight creep as you get burlier.

As for forget ever seeing a decent warrenty: so far I'm not arguing with you.

If that little building is where all the motors are going to be coming out of ....than there will be production constraints. How many can they really turn out to the hordes out there lusting for one. Could they even produce 20/day. So I assume if this motor meets muster with the likes of Porsche etc..a facility is already on the planning stages for high volume. Think robots not some cheery relaxed folks with a soldering iron and a screw driver. I assume the days of Wuhan actually doing the work for Germany have passed but I could be wrong.

R2thek

Apr 10, 2022
Colorado
We know the weight of the battery and motor and you can see what parts come on that Pivot Shuttle SL. I would be shocked if it weighed 38lbs with EXO+ tires and a coil shock like you hope.

One of the guys I work with has a medium carbon Rise with a coil shock and a 160mm Zeb and EXO+ casing tires and the bike weighs 44lbs with pedals.
I agree, that if you are expecting an enduro SL at sub 40 you wil be disappointed.
I just want a trail/all mountain. 140/140. I think that is doable.
I do agree that you should not compromise tires and rims like Orbea did on the Ltd--That said, the LtD that does provide a very low weight option for cross country/trail riders. .

towzer

Aug 31, 2018
Oxfordshire
What’s fazua out of warranty motor maintenance like - any rebuildability/spares and third parties working on them.

im really, really keen on a sl emtb but only if it’s viable as a long term bike.

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
What’s fazua out of warranty motor maintenance like - any rebuildability/spares and third parties working on them.

im really, really keen on a sl emtb but only if it’s viable as a long term bike.

It’s an all new system so how would anyone be able to answer that?

Cyclopath1000

Apr 26, 2019
Davis Ca
Let's not get too dark here concerning a new motors failings especially in repair and warrenty. But I'm not about to argue the opposite. Let me help folks who want longevity in their ride:don't over heat the motor controller etc. That means when it's 105 degrees avoid boost etc. Also avoid wearing a bathing suit and snorkel when crossing rivers.

towzer

Aug 31, 2018
Oxfordshire
The 60 is new but fazua motors have been around for a while, I won’t buy another shimano because of their out of warranty lack of support/lack of rebuildability. Having noticed that performance bearings don’t seem to do fazua I was wondering if fazua were a manufacturer like brose/Bosch - ie spares available/third parties rebuilding them or if they were like shimano where there doesn’t appear to be much out of warranty support

Cyclopath1000

Apr 26, 2019
Davis Ca
I'm riding this trail 429 today. I'm dying from the heat. Now sell me this with that motor ???I think it would be good. As would a e ripmo.

16574891079475934999039196687038.jpg

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
The 60 is new but fazua motors have been around for a while, I won’t buy another shimano because of their out of warranty lack of support/lack of rebuildability. Having noticed that performance bearings don’t seem to do fazua I was wondering if fazua were a manufacturer like brose/Bosch - ie spares available/third parties rebuilding them or if they were like shimano where there doesn’t appear to be much out of warranty support

I can’t speak for out of warranty but I can say Fazua’s warranty service is really good. Like Specialized level. I dealt with Germany direct from Australia on my bike and one of a friend. Both times new motors were shipped and the bikes were fixed (by me) in less than two weeks. They even hooked up a remote connection and did motor set up from Germany for me.

Gordon

maynard

Continuing the theme of totally off topic ...

19.7kg on reviews .. but as we know .. bike companies don't spend much on scales ... :) Still quite impressive.

For anyone who's considering suicide, but isn't completely committed, this should help .

19.7 no dropper .
Also thanks for sharing. That guys videos are so wierd . I like it .

RickBullotta

Jun 5, 2019
USA

RickBullotta

Jun 5, 2019
USA
Being a Pivot, will probably start at 10K and go up to 15K, no thanks. I'll stick with my 6k Rise all day every day!

Having ridden both the Shuttle and a Rise, I'm quite sure the Shuttle SL will be a better descender than the Rise. But yeah, it'll likely be very expensive.

Cyclopath1000

Apr 26, 2019
Davis Ca
Before I bought my commencal 2018 meta power 27.5+ AT 2018 sea otter, I demoed the pivot version ie the shuttle I guess it was called. My meta was 5k the pivot was 10k. I actually liked the meta more.

I almost , and I mean really almost bought a rise. I had driven down from Sedona where we were camping with Neal , whose had bought a rise but it wouldn't turn on for us , so Phoenix was the closest Rise dealer. They had both a large and a medium rise and if Neal's bike was acting weird I probably would have bought one.

The non Shimano battery and connections put off a spur of the moment purchase especially issues with non shimano batts on the decoy.

So would I pay 15k for a lighter e bike. I'm not feeling it at this moment. As I've repeatedly stated elsewhere a 10k plus ebike with a very short warranty, the lack of decent service on Shimano engines and batteries make anything beyond 7k a total non starter.

At least someone somewhere can fix a Bosch motor. If fazua steps it up and offers service for at least 5 or 7 years maybe I would spring for a more expensive e bike.

Durability , parts and repairs are what I consider when buying say a car. Now that there are priced closer and closer to a car , I must insist on the above.

Who do these companies think they are that they can offer a 2 year warranty of a durable goods item. That's insanity or corporate greed.

Let's hope this improves.

irie

Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Before I bought my commencal 2018 meta power 27.5+ AT 2018 sea otter, I demoed the pivot version ie the shuttle I guess it was called. My meta was 5k the pivot was 10k. I actually liked the meta more.

I almost , and I mean really almost bought a rise. I had driven down from Sedona where we were camping with Neal , whose had bought a rise but it wouldn't turn on for us , so Phoenix was the closest Rise dealer. They had both a large and a medium rise and if Neal's bike was acting weird I probably would have bought one.

The non Shimano battery and connections put off a spur of the moment purchase especially issues with non shimano batts on the decoy.

So would I pay 15k for a lighter e bike. I'm not feeling it at this moment. As I've repeatedly stated elsewhere a 10k plus ebike with a very short warranty, the lack of decent service on Shimano engines and batteries make anything beyond 7k a total non starter.

At least someone somewhere can fix a Bosch motor. If fazua steps it up and offers service for at least 5 or 7 years maybe I would spring for a more expensive e bike.

Durability , parts and repairs are what I consider when buying say a car. Now that there are priced closer and closer to a car , I must insist on the above.

Who do these companies think they are that they can offer a 2 year warranty of a durable goods item. That's insanity or corporate greed.

Let's hope this improves.

2 year warranties is taking the p*ss, until it improves I'll stay with my Rail.

Megavolt

Jul 21, 2022
Moscow Russia
Especially impressed with the full immersion test in a beaker of water. Obviously if the battery is removable water ingress there will also be an issue.

I have a 2018 commencal meta power which is a heavy beastie as well as a pivot 429. A pivot version of this motor should be pretty nuke proof.

What's the most I would pay for this upcoming bike ???

If it's a 2 yr warranty , my max is 9k. If a 5 year warranty more. Plus I would buy a second batt just in case.

They claim or pose this as a German engineered durable item...if so prove it with a 7 year motor and 4 year or 10,000 miles warrenty..this ain't an iphone.
It looks very compact, not immediately recognize the e mtb!!!

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Rumour has it, they've added "Infinite range" & considerably less weight to make it easier to pedal.

Extensive assist modes include "Macho" "Well ard" "Super Fit" "Slow" "Really fecking slow" "Push it you lazy b4stard - walk assist" & "Stealth silent".

Apparently it never needs charging, is virtually silent, the motor has a lifetime guarantee and they give you €100 cash back everytime you have a recording of someone calling you "cheat" .

It's expected to be priced at least 30% more than your average emtb due to all these extra features.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles