2023 Pivot Shuttle SL - Super Light

Doggy

May 22, 2023
Peoria, Az.
I have the pivot SL and as you; I love the bike. My only complaint is at 225lbs I prefer the full power bike in most cases. I have both. I just did the firmware update and I think it is a big deal. The old motor delay caught me out many times when tackling technical terrain. The update helps this hopefully. The only other things that I hope to improve on ;
1. The cranks are too long IMO. I am putting 155s on it soon.
2. I am not sold on the XTR gearing. The ratio is to wide compared to SRAM Eagle . IMO
I'm at 240, if the motor works properly I have no problem climbing hills, I did do the update and didn't change anything the first part of my ride, (motor would shut on and off) I got pissed at the motor and put it on the highest setting and went as fast as I could for 2 miles, was trying to get the motor hot, well believe it or not, after that climb the motor works like butter, not one single shut off the rest of the ride, I was pleasantly surprised, this is what I had bought an Ebike for. We will see how it works next time out.

My wife's bike is still at the shop, took it in for 5 flashing red Led's, have not heard anything back yet.

Doggy

May 22, 2023
Peoria, Az.
Got my Wife’s bike today from the shop, it had 5 flashing Red LED’s, would not turn on, the bike shop unplugged both wires that are right under the bottom plate, let it sit for .20 seconds and plugged back in, it all works again, must have just rebooted everything 🤷🏼‍♂️ we will se how it goes this weekend.

Suns_PSD

Jul 12, 2022
Austin
I have the pivot SL and as you; I love the bike. My only complaint is at 225lbs I prefer the full power bike in most cases. I have both. I just did the firmware update and I think it is a big deal. The old motor delay caught me out many times when tackling technical terrain. The update helps this hopefully. The only other things that I hope to improve on ;
1. The cranks are too long IMO. I am putting 155s on it soon.
2. I am not sold on the XTR gearing. The ratio is to wide compared to SRAM Eagle . IMO
What model and size are your stock cranks as I might be interested for my Relay. Thx.

Doggy

May 22, 2023
Peoria, Az.
Well my Wife’s bike quit again this am, 5 flashing Yellow lights, motor would not work, reboot the bike and it would work again for about 10 seconds, back to the shop on Mon. Ugh

bikeguy11

Subscriber
Oct 9, 2019
Oregon
Yes, it is all up to date, they just put the new updated controller switch on it, i wondering if that has something to do with it.
That's total crap and sorry you're having to go through this Doggy. At some point Fazua needs to own up to the fact they provided an unfinished product to Pivot.

Doggy

May 22, 2023
Peoria, Az.
That's total crap and sorry you're having to go through this Doggy. At some point Fazua needs to own up to the fact they provided an unfinished product to Pivot.
I agree, it’s getting a little out of control, my Wife and I have been on 1 ride where both bikes worked, I’m pretty patient, but my wife is furious lol.

Smeer

Mar 2, 2020
Vancouver
I agree, it’s getting a little out of control, my Wife and I have been on 1 ride where both bikes worked, I’m pretty patient, but my wife is furious lol.
Have you considered asking a refund? I went through the same with a Giant bike and after 3 months I had to go that route - and did get the refund.

Doggy

May 22, 2023
Peoria, Az.
Have you considered asking a refund? I went through the same with a Giant bike and after 3 months I had to go that route - and did get the refund.
Well not yet, I do really like the bike, was hoping Fazua could figure it out, but it’s not looking good. We are going on a 2 week trip on Friday through Colorado, and South Dakota, if things don’t go well on this trip I’ll start that conversation.

Chicane

Nov 11, 2020
SoCal
Well not yet, I do really like the bike, was hoping Fazua could figure it out, but it’s not looking good. We are going on a 2 week trip on Friday through Colorado, and South Dakota, if things don’t go well on this trip I’ll start that conversation.
I would considering Fazua has been trying to figure this out for some 10-11 months now.

Berti.88

Sep 17, 2023
Zurich, Switzerland
Hey @EatSleepRideRepeat

Greetings to Central Switzerland from the Sihltal. I read through the Pivot Shuttle SL thread intensively and discovered that you own a shuttle and, like me, are from the same region. I think the Shuttle is a great bike. I rode it in Lenzerheide (BikeKingdom) last week at the TestRide, but I couldn't get on the really tough trails with it (Rothorn etc.). The bike park and the XC trails were awesome…
Now I wanted to ask you how the shuttle performs on the alpine trails? I'm not worried about the engine, more about the suspension travel. I'm afraid it might get tight here and there. Can you give me a statement about that?
Of course everyone else here who has experience with the alpine trails ;-)
Thank you very much for your feedback,
Berti :)

Wally73

Jan 15, 2018
good morning from Italy. I'll pick up my pivot SL on Friday.
I hope I don't have the problems I read on this thread...

the bike is a 2023 demo x01. with 100 km. bike like new.
Has anyone upgraded the bike?
I would like to mount my components:
a fox36 factory @ 160
galfer shark discs 203/180
Eagle AXS GX transmision old version
plus other little things like short stem, oneup handlebar and my saddle...

everything was mounted on a LEVO SL gen1 size L, very similar from Pivot M.

I should take my first test on Sunday...
I will update you on my feelings

ps. Has anyone mounted the Fox X2 Factory on the pivot?

(sorry for my english)

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William

a fox36 factory @ 160

(sorry for my english)
I would see what revision the motor is and request an updated version to save you some headaches. Fazua is currently on revision 5, they seem to last a little longer. My mate has had all kinds of issues with his Fazua ride 60 on another bike, 3 motors in 350 miles. He’s had the revision 5 for about 100 miles now with no issues so far.

JStrube

Sep 15, 2022
Atwater, CA

a fox36 factory @ 160

(sorry for my english)
Buon Giorno! Your English is better than my Italian.

Carry on, let's see pictures when you get the bike!

Wally73

Jan 15, 2018
very short review after a first ride.

the pivot sl it's replace the Levo sl.
the shuttle sl it's more stiff, responsive, not really a plush on the downhill. maybe for the 132 mm at the rear.
yesterday the bike fork don't work well.
I set the sag but not the hydraulics and it was wrong. with the return too slow.
It stuck on the steps and stay too low when ride on descend.
the shock also needs to be calibrated well.
when i have the time i mount my fox factory 36 orange one. this is 160 instead of the original 150, not ebike version and perfect setting for me.
for my opinion 1 cm and 0.5° more open steering work well...

at the moment the changments from the original PROX01 version are the disci brake (from galfer original to Galfer shark), the stem form the 45 mm original sl to the 35 short Joystick Binary, the Fox Kashima seat post to AXS170 seat post, the specialized phenom Carbon seat and specialized bottlecage with swat
as soon as possible i'll mont my AXS transmission, my OneUp handlebar and other little thinsgs...

the engine compared to the specy is a bomb...pushing much more.
i used the default motor setting. with mtb trail, athletic person, 67 kg and 50 years old.
23 km - 800 mt dsl flow trail. winter morning -1 to 9 °C. condition from dry to muddy. i've use 5% off, 50% breeze, 40% river, 5% rocket, 1 time superboost. i finished with 52% of battery remaining.
the SL looks like a muscular bike with an engine that help you. from little to enough.
the fazua looks like an ebike whit a not so overly motorized.
i've ride with a friend smilar to me like weight. my friend with my old levo sl.

specy is more "enduro" in my opinion...
it has 150 from rear and is softer. more easier in downhill.
on enduro trail the pivot sl it's more phisical

see to next opinion. i hope form dry trails, where i can push more the bike...and with a better setting

Cheers
01.jpeg

JStrube

Sep 15, 2022
Atwater, CA
google translate big help :)
SÌ...

I had a 30 minute conversation in a taxi from the Palermo airport to my hotel this summer using Google Translate. I can speak words fairly well, if I can read them. The Taxi driver used the speech translate, I used typing. We had a fantastic conversation!

Wally73

Jan 15, 2018
after maybe a month I'm doing a mini-review of my shuttle SL with the upgrades...
all the parts I had from the old LEVO SL1 bike and my another bike Yeti SB115 (not used now. it's for sell).
the updates:
FOX 36 factory@160 fork
SRAM eagle GX AXS transmission
RS seatpost AXS @ 170
Shimano XTR brakes
Galfer shark 200 - 180 discs
Maxxis assegai 2.5 3C Exo plus
SDG titan saddle
joystick 35 mm short stem
ODI grips
I haven't weighed the bike but I think it's around 19kg

the bike goes wery well. the motor comparated to the old from SL1 it's another planet. the geometry are ok and with 160 fork the bike don't have problem on the steepes clim.
in downhill the bike it's very agile and playfull. not so plush on the rock garden, the rear it's not nervous, it's reactive. the rearend give not an enduro feeling. excellent wheels. I don't know the resistance to hard square but very smooth rocks

my trail was 24 km, 860 dsl and i finsh with 52% of battery.
i used the map at 50% breeze, 45% river and 5% rocket.
the fazua setting in default mode.

very happy from the bike. easy to ride, fast rolling, fast motor.
cheers
01.jpeg

02.jpeg

04.jpeg

03.jpeg

08.jpeg

09.jpeg

11.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles