Pivot Shuttle

Ryder

Apr 24, 2018
UK
Thanks for taking the time to translate! Really well written and it is making me very tempted to to pull the trigger. I like my e-genius but do miss the lightweight handling of a normal MTB. I am thinking of selling the e-genius (710 2018 model) and my Spark plus and going to just one e-bike and no conventional bikes! To do this though the bike would have to be really special. My contenders at the moment are this bike and a Focus Jam2 or Sam2. Have you ridden the Focus bikes at all?

As for corrections: just 2 I spotted

1st paragraph som instead of some
Last paragraph thight instead of tight.

Thanks again!

knut7

Administrator
Author
Subscriber
Apr 10, 2018
Norway
Thanks for taking the time to translate! Really well written and it is making me very tempted to to pull the trigger. I like my e-genius but do miss the lightweight handling of a normal MTB. I am thinking of selling the e-genius (710 2018 model) and my Spark plus and going to just one e-bike and no conventional bikes! To do this though the bike would have to be really special. My contenders at the moment are this bike and a Focus Jam2 or Sam2. Have you ridden the Focus bikes at all?

As for corrections: just 2 I spotted

1st paragraph som instead of some
Last paragraph thight instead of tight.

Thanks again!
Thanks, corrected!

I've got one guy working to get me a Focus or two, unfortunately he's on vacation now. So it'll be august, at best. If you can live with the permanently integrated battery then I think Focus is worth considering. There's a few pretty lightweight models. The center of gravity is probably higher than on the Pivot, but less weight might make up for it. I think Focus is on to something by sacrificing battery capacity to save weight, and it isn't that big a sacrifice considering the option for a 2nd battery. I'm actually interested to try the new Shimano BT-E8014 400Wh battery in the Pivot, if it's substantially lighter.

The Intense Tazer could be cool. Judging by the few photos that exist they could be integrating the external shimano E8010 battery like Pivot did. But the lid on the side of the frame is hopefully easier to remove than the Pivot lid. Could be a long wait for this bike though.

knut7

Administrator
Author
Subscriber
Apr 10, 2018
Norway
Thanks. Not heard of the 400wh battery, will it fit do you think?
Shimano just got back to me. It's the same cell count in the E8014 as the other batteries, so weight should be about the same as the 500Wh battery. Unfortunately. Form factor should be identical, so I'm guessing it'll fit.

It can't be much longer before we get battery cells bigger than 3500mAh. Then batteries can be made with fewer cells. Today we've got
Shimano BT-E8010: 40 cells * 3,5Ah * 3,6V = 504Wh (10s4p)
Focus battery (presumably): 30 cells * 3,5Ah * 3,6V = 378Wh (10s3p)

A 30 cell battery with 4000mAh cells is 432Wh, I'd be happy with that, along with a ~20% weight reduction. That would make the Shimano battery just over 2kg.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I’d rather keep the weight the same and have more power.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
IMG_3105.jpg

Still a bloody pedant though...

Ryder

Apr 24, 2018
UK
Well known for it! Slightly OT but I really like what Focus are doing with bikes like the Raven2...light weight minimal assist and usable as a normal bike. I wish they would hurry up and use it in a trail bike.

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Pivot Shuttle Weight without pedals: 20.8KG
Turbo Levo Expert Carbon Weight without pedals 22.0KG

@Kiwi in Wales you'd be devastated, it has 170mm crank arms ?

Right, enough faffing about, going to ride the fekker ??

It’s nothing that can’t be changed in a few minutes Rob. Amazing looking bike! Would definitely look better with 137mm or 150mm cranks on it :cool:

Ryder

Apr 24, 2018
UK
By the way. when are you giving the Pivot back? I am trying to sort a demo out with the bike hub!

Ryder

Apr 24, 2018
UK
Thanks Rob, Already emailed them and they are going to get back to me. I am free whenever required pretty much! I really want to try it. ;)

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
The bike is at Swinley now they’ve said you can get it until about 5pm (there’s a hire charge) but well worth it if you’re considering buying?

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Swinley Bike Hub have the Pivot Shuttle available until next Monday (apart from when @Ryder has it!). If anyone wants to hire it there is a day rate, you can get out on Swinley Forest trails all day, from 9am-4pm.

It's a Large. Take your own pedals (unless you like the regular plakky ones!).

Robsen

Jun 26, 2018
Germany
Hello,

I've tested different bikes in the last weeks and one of them was the Pivot Shuttle. Stunning bike with an very good performance.

Best benefits on this bike is definitly the look of it.
+ the tires, my demo bike had 2.8 minions, were so great. Massive grip
+ geometry was quite perfect
+downhill Performance on an trail was very good on the more technical parts

- brakes! I love shimano, but 2 calipers are to less
- seatpost....seems not durable and cheap
- bit more travel on the front and more Stack should fit my ridingstyle better

I tested this bike in Sölden/Austria. Very awesome to ride. Think a geometry like this should work with a Bit more Travel and them you have you one for all bike.

Ryder

Apr 24, 2018
UK
Thanks for the feedback Robsen,

Looks like the bikes may be shipping with the 4 piston xt brakes now. Agreed on the seatpost, the Kashima factory version would be nicer for the price.

I'll update my thoughts after my ride tomorrow.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles