Pivot Shuttle

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
First thing I noticed was how easy it was compared to the Levo to load onto the bike rack on the back of the car.

Levo Carbon Expert: 22.4KG
Pivot Shuttle: 19.9KG

That 2.5KG definitely makes a difference in lifting.

Last edited:

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I remeasured my Vitus and it is a hare under 22kg.

The battery looks like it is the normal external battery just internally fitted from the window i can see? I.E it doesn't use the internal style battery?

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
I remeasured my Vitus and it is a hare under 22kg.
Thats incredibly light, the Carbon Levo Expert with carbon wheels weights more that that. The Shimano E8000 must be a decent weight saving over the Brose.

The battery looks like it is the normal external battery just internally fitted from the window i can see? I.E it doesn't use the internal style battery?
Yeah, the battery fits in underneath secured to the frame with Allen bolts. It has a carbon cover on the underside to give it that integrated look. I'll have a play around later once its charged and I get it out ?

Ryder

Apr 24, 2018
UK
Sweet you got the DHF+M8020 upgrades as well it seems... possibly the 203mm rotor as well?

Have you weighed it though? Mine was a Medium ticking in at ~20,7kg. These quite necessary upgrades has made an impact on bike weight it seems.

Are these upgrades standard on new bikes? If so can you outline them? I guess the DHF are matched with DHR? Are the M8020 brakes?

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Sweet you got the DHF+M8020 upgrades as well it seems... possibly the 203mm rotor as well?

Have you weighed it though? Mine was a Medium ticking in at ~20,7kg. These quite necessary upgrades has made an impact on bike weight it seems.
Just weighed it, with pedals. 21.3KG? in Large. Not sure if tubeless or not.

Yes, has the 203mm rotor and DHF. Not sure the exact XT brake model, heres a pic

IMG_7123 2.JPG

IMG_8016.JPG

IMG_9358.JPG

IMG_9704.JPG

Last edited:

knut7

Administrator
Author
Subscriber
Apr 10, 2018
Norway
Are these upgrades standard on new bikes? If so can you outline them? I guess the DHF are matched with DHR? Are the M8020 brakes?
I'm not really sure what's standard any more. According to the shuttle website it's got
-Rekon front+rear
-XT M8000 brakes
-180mm rotors front+rear

That's how the bike started, possibly with a different wheelset as well. One of the photos on the website shows the bike with wheels branded PE-1550 (?), as opposed to EB-1550.

This spring my local dealer delivered a bike with DHF+203mm front. But still XT M8000. My bike came a month later and had the M8020 as well. I don't know if they plan to stop changing parts soon, but all changes up til now have been for the better I think. Seems Robs bike has the same changes as mine.

It's Rekon rear btw, it's coming off my bike this week!

knut7

Administrator
Author
Subscriber
Apr 10, 2018
Norway
Just weighed it, with pedals. 21.3KG?
Barely 300gr heavier than my M, sounds correct. It still feels pretty light though. The Spesh could be heavier than the weight you posted too? Or did you weigh it your self?

knut7

Administrator
Author
Subscriber
Apr 10, 2018
Norway
Just weighed it, with pedals. 21.3KG? in Large. Not sure if tubeless or not.

Yes, has the 203mm rotor and DHF. Not sure the exact XT brake model, heres a pic

It does look like the M8000, dual piston caliper. Here's the M8020
shimano-xt-disc-brake-4-2-pistons-set-br-m8020-br-m8000-black~2.jpg

Bike is shipped tubeless, and with two small bottles of sealant. So I'm assuming yours is tubeless too, but it seems you've got a DHR ll front tyre?? Someone could have swapped it, so it could very well be a tube in there.

Just saw your latest post. So you've got Minions front and rear. That's ~200gr weight increase per tyre. Mine will be about 21,2kg with the Minion rear.

Gulfstream

Jun 21, 2018
Uk
By the way, I had a 45 minute ride of this already at the Malverns Classic and this is included in the YouTube video thats coming out tomorrow PM (unless you're a Patreon then you get 2 day exclusive lol!).

Look forward to the review Rob, please post a link when it’s ready, very interested in this bike! Hope they can sell me a black one ?

SteveVentoux

Patreon
May 13, 2018
Bucks
I'll be at Swinley forest from 11am, first ride out on the new Levo, might see you out on the trails, if not the car park.

Ryder

Apr 24, 2018
UK
I hear some comment about the noise of the motor. Is it worse than other Shimano equipped bikes?

knut7

Administrator
Author
Subscriber
Apr 10, 2018
Norway
I've heard someone claim the motor is less noisy since it's quite integrated in the frame. But I think it sounds like any other bike with a Shimano motor.

(You seen the msg @Rob Hancill ?)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles