Status
Not open for further replies.

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I ended up reading a large portion of the thread now.

@PaoloBLEvo Why does it show 25km/h in the bike setup when I configure my north american bike in the app? Is that just a hard coded value in your source code or is it being read from the bike? I read that you said to not touch the speed value for north american bikes, if I do that an hit save will not lower the speed to 25km/h? It's a bit confusing because the other values such as assist % get saved but the Speed value will be ignored?

I got your app because it provides much superior real time monitoring ride metrics than the official Specialized App, I have no desire at all to de-restrict the bike. Now that de-restriction via software no longer works on many of the new models have you considered changing the app direction away from de-restricting? Or alternately make an option in the app that removes the de-restriction related options, or the opposite, by default the de-restriction options are not available unless a setting is enabled.

I think that many people thing of BLevo as "the de-restriction app" which might have a negative connotation in some cases but your app provides a lot of value even without the de-restriction options, so some users might be turned away from it.
You are right. For US market you don't need to touch the speed setting. Even if the value is 25km/h, the bike will assist you more than this speed..
To avoid any issue with the warranty, please keep the speed value to 25mk/h..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I have just released version 3.5.7 of BLEvo for iOS.
I have reviewed the Smart Power configuration menu. Now you can also configure the static settings without the connected bike. In addition, I added 4 preset settings in order to start trying the Smart Power according to your athletic skill.
I attach a screenshot.

Here are all the news:
- Reviewed the configuration of the Smart Power
- Added presets for Smart Power configuration
- Added the ability to upload all statistics to Strava
- Added ability to rename GPX files
- Added configuration parameter to automatically lower the brightness of the display (to save battery). The display is reactivated on the change of assistance or on remote commands
- Removed double pop up on new tour
- Bugfix: Calculation of Wh / km when there is the second battery
- Bugfix: Correct display of data uploaded to Strava

Smart Power Configuration iOS.png

gmurad

Jan 26, 2020
Toronto, ON
You are right. For US market you don't need to touch the speed setting. Even if the value is 25km/h, the bike will assist you more than this speed..
To avoid any issue with the warranty, please keep the speed value to 25mk/h..

Are you able to address this within the app in a more elegant way? It's very strange user experience to have a slider that doesn't work, has the wrong value (for north american bikes) but shouldn't be touched and makes the user worried about warranty. It's also 1 of many other settings on that page that do work.

For example, when I first installed the app I moved that slider to 32km/h because that's the correct speed for my bike, but now the bike might have created a log entry which could make Specialized think I tried to temper with the speed limit... Another case is if someone touches that slider by accident.

Jeff H

May 19, 2019
San Jose, CA, USA
Are you able to address this within the app in a more elegant way? It's very strange user experience to have a slider that doesn't work, has the wrong value (for north american bikes) but shouldn't be touched and makes the user worried about warranty. It's also 1 of many other settings on that page that do work.

For example, when I first installed the app I moved that slider to 32km/h because that's the correct speed for my bike, but now the bike might have created a log entry which could make Specialized think I tried to temper with the speed limit... Another case is if someone touches that slider by accident.
I wonder the same. The new error logging in Mission Control shows discrepancies and I think it’s due to my 15.5 km/h setting in Blevo (I think it’s the install default). I’ve ignored adjusting it since I know it doesn’t actually change anything on my stock ‘19 Levo but now that MC logs the attempt I’m a bit concerned.

@PaoloBLEvo, you said set it to 25 km/h but as @gmurad pointed out, it should be 32 km/h for him in Canada or 20 mph here in the US.

Last edited:

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I wonder the same. The new error logging in Mission Control shows discrepancies and I think it’s due to my 15.5 km/h setting in Blevo (I think it’s the install default). I’ve ignored adjusting it since I know it doesn’t actually change anything on my stock ‘19 Levo but now that MC logs the attempt I’m a bit concerned.

@PaoloBLEvo, you said set it to 25 km/h but as @gmurad pointed out, it should be 32 km/h for him in Canada or 20 mph here in the US.
Could you send the battery monitor for the US bike?

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Paolo, here's a screenshot. Also, I said the speed was set to 15.5 km/h but it's actually 15.5 mph. If I try adjusting the speed to our US 20 mph it changes back to 15.5 mph.

View attachment 26762
Ok, thanks.. the system unit is always 0.. I thought that in US was different.. I need to find a new parameter to detect if the bike is in US...

Chaindog

Nov 20, 2018
Germany
Now I've got connection issues: tried the steps Paolo posted, inclusive removing the pairing from the Bluetooth konfiguration. But Blevo does not remove my bike from the app, I can not try a new connection. Can I reset the blevo App sp that it loses my pairing?

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Now I've got connection issues: tried the steps Paolo posted, inclusive removing the pairing from the Bluetooth konfiguration. But Blevo does not remove my bike from the app, I can not try a new connection. Can I reset the blevo App sp that it loses my pairing?
You need to remove the paring from Android/iOS system, not from BLEvo..
Which TCU version you have?

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
❤️⚡️ !!! 20000 BLEvo users !!! ⚡❤️

Thanks to everyone for believing that an app could change the way you use your eBike.
For the fans of numbers, here are some:
- September 19, 2017 release date of the first version of BLEvo for Android
- 10123 Android users
- 9973 iOS users
- 423 Android versions published between test and production
- 4.60 / 5 app rating on Google Play out of 636 ratings
- 168 iOS versions published between test and production
- 4.50 / 5 app rating on iTunes out of 185 ratings
- 3930 messages on the BLEvo forum BLEvo for your Smart Levo
- 1150 posts on the Italian forum dedicated to BLEvo The Official BLEvo Thread
- 3466 posts on the English forum dedicated to BLEvo The Official BLEvo Thread - EMTB Forums
- 2187 posts on the German forum dedicated to BLEvo Specialized - BLEvo App für Levo/Kenevo, Erfahrungen und Austausch
- 511 subscriptions to the Youtube channel
- 27348 total video views on the BLEvo youtube channel
- 2791 Follower of the BLEvo Facebook page
- 586 contacts on the BLEvo Facebook page
- 100 average activities per day uploaded to the Strava website

Thank you very much to all of you who have made this possible.

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
❤️⚡️ !!! 20000 BLEvo users !!! ⚡❤️

Thanks to everyone for believing that an app could change the way you use your eBike.
For the fans of numbers, here are some:
- September 19, 2017 release date of the first version of BLEvo for Android
- 10123 Android users
- 9973 iOS users
- 423 Android versions published between test and production
- 4.60 / 5 app rating on Google Play out of 636 ratings
- 168 iOS versions published between test and production
- 4.50 / 5 app rating on iTunes out of 185 ratings
- 3930 messages on the BLEvo forum BLEvo for your Smart Levo
- 1150 posts on the Italian forum dedicated to BLEvo The Official BLEvo Thread
- 3466 posts on the English forum dedicated to BLEvo The Official BLEvo Thread - EMTB Forums
- 2187 posts on the German forum dedicated to BLEvo Specialized - BLEvo App für Levo/Kenevo, Erfahrungen und Austausch
- 511 subscriptions to the Youtube channel
- 27348 total video views on the BLEvo youtube channel
- 2791 Follower of the BLEvo Facebook page
- 586 contacts on the BLEvo Facebook page
- 100 average activities per day uploaded to the Strava website

Thank you very much to all of you who have made this possible.

Thanks for all your efforts Paolo! BLEvo is by far my most favorite app and still enjoy BLEvo’s features every ride!

Mtbvkk

Feb 21, 2020
Seattle, wa
Hi,
Ive heard dealers voiding warranty from using the app. What is the way to ensure that doesn't happen? I'm awaiting delivery on my new levo and look forward to using this given mission control doesn't support heart rate features.

thanks

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi,
Ive heard dealers voiding warranty from using the app. What is the way to ensure that doesn't happen? I'm awaiting delivery on my new levo and look forward to using this given mission control doesn't support heart rate features.

thanks
You can use BLEvo. The only feature of BLEvo that void the warranty is the speed limit. Please don't touch it and the warranty is safe. (in any case from 2019 you cannot change the speed limit with BLEvo)

Chaindog

Nov 20, 2018
Germany
Ok.. It is correct that BLEvo finds the bike.. When BLEvo try to connect, the paring code should appear..
Yes, that doesn't Happen. IT's like Blevo remembers my bike and tries to connect, doesnt ask for the pairing Code of the TCU. I should add that I switched Phones, from a Galaxy S8 to a S10+ and transferred all my Settings and apps via Smart Switch. I already tried de and reinstalling blevo, but even in offline mode (bike turned off) it still reads my bike Name. When the bike is turned on the Little bulb goes blue shortly as if it found a Connection and then starts blinking Grey.

-Update- just tried connecting to Mission Control, same thing, connection lost after a few seconds. Seems like my phone's bluetooth is the Problem, or the TCU.

Screenshot_20200305-055237_BLEvo.jpg

Last edited:

Mtbvkk

Feb 21, 2020
Seattle, wa
You can use BLEvo. The only feature of BLEvo that void the warranty is the speed limit. Please don't touch it and the warranty is safe. (in any case from 2019 you cannot change the speed limit with BLEvo)
Thanks Paolo. I also researched these threads and saw Specialized Communique on this that using Blevo doesn't void the warranty so I feel good about it. :)

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Yes, that doesn't Happen. IT's like Blevo remembers my bike and tries to connect, doesnt ask for the pairing Code of the TCU. I should add that I switched Phones, from a Galaxy S8 to a S10+ and transferred all my Settings and apps via Smart Switch. I already tried de and reinstalling blevo, but even in offline mode (bike turned off) it still reads my bike Name. When the bike is turned on the Little bulb goes blue shortly as if it found a Connection and then starts blinking Grey.

-Update- just tried connecting to Mission Control, same thing, connection lost after a few seconds. Seems like my phone's bluetooth is the Problem, or the TCU.

View attachment 26989
Are you able to try with another phone?
Maybe the TCU has the connection issue..
Do you know which version is?

Chaindog

Nov 20, 2018
Germany
Are you able to try with another phone?
Maybe the TCU has the connection issue..
Do you know which version is?

I just stumbled over @Maastricht s thread About TCU connectivity issues. I'm pretty sure I'm experiencing the same phenomenon. I recently waterproofed the TCU with electrical tape, I'm going to take that off again and switch off the wlan repeater in my cellar. No giving up yet :)

Chaindog

Nov 20, 2018
Germany
Ok, took the tape off, turned my WLAN off and tried to connect Blevo, nada. Turned bike off, started Mission Control, turned bike on and FINALLY got a pairing request. Paired Phone, connected MC, turned on Blevo, bam connected :) sorry for the fuss, but I never thought the TCU connection would be so sensitive. Thanks @PaoloBLEvo love the App!

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Ok, took the tape off, turned my WLAN off and tried to connect Blevo, nada. Turned bike off, started Mission Control, turned bike on and FINALLY got a pairing request. Paired Phone, connected MC, turned on Blevo, bam connected :) sorry for the fuss, but I never thought the TCU connection would be so sensitive. Thanks @PaoloBLEvo love the App!

Happy to understand your connection is working again. As you have seen I have been suffering more or less with the same issue. In the end my TCU was replaced and since then I have less issues. However still during rides I have 2-3 times BLEvo looses connection. You will receive an audio message and then BLEvo reconnects automatically again. Connection only gets lost for a few seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles