Forestal Siryon 2021 Edition One - Owners Thread

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Maybe you have to see it differently and see the edition one as a pre-order with a discount, which how it was meant to be in the first place.

I disagree. If you pre-paid in full you got a €500 discount. That says to me that the €7999 was the full price. I never saw anything on the site that implied the launch models were being sold at a discount other than that.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Come on guys. Lets not turn this into another "I'd rather buy a watch" thread :cry:

The price is the price, you take it or leave it. You do get free lights, bell and a bike cover, what more do you want ! :)

I wonder if they'll do a frame only option down the line or if their profit model works on having to supply complete bikes ?

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
If I wanted one I would have pre-paid the €7.5K and got the free tyres as well.

aarfeldt

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 25, 2019
Denmark, Danstrup
A lot of details about the bike's components can be read here

Quite interesting.....like the suspension system has been tuned to fit all sizes, so we get the same feeling/weight distribution etc from small to large.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I still struggle with the twin levity system. It's not that it doesn't work, I'm just too thick to visualise it.

Getting very tempted to order one it has to be said ...

Mar 29, 2021
Netherlands
Hi all,

Today I received a lengthy email from Forestal regarding the delivery and status updates on our Siryons. See here some snippets regarding the most important updates.

"The end of May seems doable today. Bikes are 99% ready to go, but we are missing some electrical components.
I don’t know if you are aware of the global chip shortage, but in the last 4-5 weeks this has become a real issue on a global scale. This means that our Dashboard, which should be being assembled by us in Andorra, is waiting still for some components (accelerometers, CPUs, etc.) and it is being quite a struggle. The Forestal Smart Dashboard has a BOM of approx. 300 references and there are 5 missing, although each day we get some sort of news.

We are at a point where we purchased accelerometers at $155 USD, when these had an original price of $5 USD, just for the sake of brand image and being able to deliver the bikes from the pre-sales. Our goal is not to make money with these bikes.
As said, every day we are getting news about this, and today look quite positive and we could get these missing components if we ignore the ridiculous price they ask for.

On another side, suppliers are suffering something similar to assemble the EonDrives
We will bring the first batch by air to shorten the times as much as possible. Finally and to keep being clear, nevertheless of the presentation and what is said there, our status is the same regarding delivery. Please consider it was recorded a month ago.
The bikes that will always be delivered first, are the Siryon Edition one that has already been sold/reserved.

I know too that some people are not very happy about us showing new bikes when we haven’t yet been able to deliver the already compromised ones. For this case, I will quote what I sent yesterday to another of our customers, that "this is a big company at least compared to when we started almost 3 years ago, as today we are already 53 people.
There have always been different projects on the table and each team has kept working, which means that when the time arrives, we will communicate these new developments. These include new build kits, bikes, etc., but it is natural that a bike company looks towards its evolution.

Unfortunately for us the pandemic and all issues derived from it are hitting us, and we are dealing with it as best as we can but still moving forward, which overall I want to believe is a positive thing”.

To me, this is reflecting the issue all bike brands are facing now during the pandemic, let alone a new company. Let's wait till the end of May.
Niels

Source:Facebook Groups

ktown

Aug 2, 2020
Woodstock, GA
Any US customers get a quote on the import taxes for the Forestal? I'm really interested in the bike, but Forestal isn't able to provide that critical bit of information and I'm having a hard time determining it online.

aarfeldt

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 25, 2019
Denmark, Danstrup
Surprise, they wrote estimated delivery May :)

That's excellent....but don't get surprised, if that's going to change.
They told me thay are missing motors and parts for the display/controller.
But they are working hard to source the missing parts...crossing fingers for a fast solution.

Bernd

Mar 31, 2021
Heidenheim, Germany
I know about the problems with some parts. It's a difficult time, I have the same problems with orders of my customers.
I'm not without a bike, so I wait, it doesn't hurry.

Bernd

Mar 31, 2021
Heidenheim, Germany
Before ordering, I contacted Forestal directly to get more informations more about the warranty and repair service, this is a part of their answer:

"Motors, service, and warranty: In terms of service and warranty, we are already closing agreements with different distributors to have access to service and maintenance centers. Some of the distributors are already component suppliers established in the world, so they have a wide knowledge of the territory and customer service details. There, you will be able to get a new engine or any spare part that is needed. We would also like to precise that our main strategy, from the very beginning, was to make our bikes universally serviceable. Featuring an easy-access design and no need for special tools. We can also access remotely to our bikes to check and diagnose them, and after sending a temporary authorization to your preferred mechanic, we will show and guide them through repairing process the step-by-step if needed."

Forestal wants to do a lot better than the other manufacturers. I hope, they really do it.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles